Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? (284 Views)

Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old / Senator Abba Moro Adopts Two Kids, Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With Orphans (Photo / Google Celebrates Nigeria At 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? by bsmithconcepts1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
“They told me to face reality; what I saw weakened me. So I faced my dreams and received the faith and strength needed to make it a reality.” – Emeka Ozor

While I was on a tricycle (Keke) back home, there was a question being put forward to the audience on a program in Wazobia FM. Shey Nigeria go better, Yes or No? The answers were, of course, coming in with extra comments. I was most shocked when most of the negatives came from young men and youths. So I asked is there still a Nigerian dream? Why are we losing hope?

Like I said yesterday, evil will only last as long as we let it. I know we have been discouraged by the failure of previous leaders to effect change. I think Nigeria’s problem has grown to the extent where we need four successive 8 years of good leadership before we start getting results. So we are not hopeless, remember it takes lesser time and resources to treat malaria than to treat typhoid fever.

A people without vision (dreams) perish. It is not enough to dream to transform our personal lives; we should also transform the environment we live in. I know it is discouraging when we look at the condition of Nigeria, some call it a reality. But today’s reality should not kill tomorrow’s dream, because dreams have the power to shape reality.

We need to dream again, because, without a Nigerian dream, Nigeria will be left to fate. And fate has been known for its uncertain nature and always giving lesser than the desired outcome. Yes, Nigeria needs a whole lot of fixing; it may seem there is no longer a panacea (cure-all). We need a Nigerian dream, to kick start the process of rebuilding Nigeria.

Dear elders 50+ of age do not let go of your Nigeria dream. You can still run for the political position to effect positive changes. I agree with giving young people a chance; do not just give us a chance; also give us an example to emulate. Inspire youths toward the right kind of leadership by not giving up on your leadership dreams. Abraham Lincoln America’s most honest president became president at the age of 52.

What of Caleb who still achieves his dream of taking his mountain at age 80? Nigeria is in need of dreamers, who like Martin Luther King Jr. will dream of a Nigeria where we will no longer be judged by the language we speak or our state of origin. Like John Knox dream of a Nigeria where righteousness permeates the governmental system and the masses.

Students whose dream career is chosen because they intend to transform Nigeria through the knowledge, skills and resources such careers will make available. And parents who raise their children to become leaders that will bring about the fulfilment and continuation of their Nigerian dream. Working-class & professionals who use their careers to fulfil the Nigerian dream they possess.

A new Nigeria is possible and it starts with a dream. The power of dream is so enormous that it exceeds expectations and desired result. Look at what the American Dream did for America, what of Martin Luther King Jr’s dream? We saw how the dream brought about specific changes in their nation especially in racism. I know we all have personal dreams, but if it does not include Nigeria, perishing still rules.

Do you still have a Nigerian Dream? What sector will your Nigerian dream transform?

#NigeriaAt59
#GodBlessNigeria
#GoodPeopleGreatNation
#IAmANigerian and #IBelieveInANewNigeria

Photo Credit: Paullet Ngozichukwu Kenechukwu

Re: Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? by Kingkun69(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
The Nigerian dream is to leave Nigeria
Re: Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? by ckzo(f): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
Kingkun69:
And never come back tongue
Re: Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? by gidgiddy: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
My only dream in Nigeria is the Republic of Biafra
Re: Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? by bsmithconcepts1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Kingkun69:

Smiles
Re: Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? by bsmithconcepts1(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
gidgiddy:
My only dream in Nigeria is the Republic of Biafra

Hahaha, independence is not freedom
Re: Nigeria At 59: Is There Still A Nigerian Dream? by bsmithconcepts1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
ckzo:

And never come back tongue

This post is for us all

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Presents Budget 2020, Tagged It Fiscal Consideration 2020 / Ex-vp Sambo Denies Ownership Of Electricity Firm / Buhari Praises Army For Completely Neutralizing Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.