Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Ondo State Enjoys Portable Water Through kamomi Aketi Scheme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Enjoys Portable Water Through kamomi Aketi Scheme (320 Views)

If We Are To Mention Those Not Loyal To Aketi, Betty Is First On The List - Adek / Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want / David Umahi Luxury Convoy And Ntezi Community Lack Of Portable Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Enjoys Portable Water Through kamomi Aketi Scheme by joshuaakindele7(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
Water is essential to the wellbeing of citizens; it is rather unfortunate that its accessibility was as low as 4% (percent) to the entire population of Ondo State at the inception of this administration.

Drinking water comes from a variety of sources e.g public water systems, private wells, or bottled water.

Ensuring safe and healthy drinking water may be as simple as turning on the tap. It is important to know where drinking water comes from, how it’s been treated, and if it’s safe to drink.

Research has shown that half of the Ondo State's hospital beds were filled with people suffering from a water-related disease between 2015 to early 2017 In developing countries, about 80% of illnesses are linked to poor water and sanitation conditions. 1 out of every 5 deaths under the age of 5 is due to a water-related disease.
Clean and safe water is essential to healthy living. Contaminated water can cause many types of diseases, such as Cholera, Guinea worm disease, Typhoid, and Dysentery. These were some of the major problems facing the people of Ondo State before Akeredolu got to office.

In the quest of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu administration’s commitment towards providing potable water supply across the State he has rehabilitated 750 boreholes in 300 communities through the Ondo State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency, RUWASSA.

This agency is setting a New Direction for the provision of adequate, safe and accessible water in rural and small towns across the state and also achieving tangible benefits to health for Ondo State citizens.

Through this projection, the Ondo State Government is aiming to meet the objectives of the Sustainable Development Goal Six which centers on Water and Sanitation with an impressive percentage of performance before the year 2030.

Consequently, the Ondo State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency, RUWASSA, is daily making significant progress in water accessibility delivery to citizens of Ondo State through On-the-Spot Borehole Rehabilitation, inventory and needs assessment across the 18 Local Government Areas irrespective of the technical and geological challenges.

The actual increase in the percentage of access to safe water supply through KAMOMI AKETI Accelerated Water Scheme is now 9.3%, thereby bringing the proportion of water access to 13.3% in less than seven months. This followed the declaration by Governor Akeredolu to provide potable water for all the communities in the state through Rural Water Supply and Sanitation, RUWASSA.
Governor Akeredolu’s KAMOMI AKETI initiative has been applauded across the country. Presently other State Governors have started such projects in their various states, while the federal government has imbibed this great initiative of the Akeredolu led government.

The ondo state Governor Akeredolu’s administration is measured by these eight factors Participation, Rule of Law, Transparency, Responsiveness, Consensus Oriented, Equity and Inclusiveness, Effectiveness and Efficiency, and Accountability.

Governor Akeredolu has been lauded in all the communities of the state for his good governance by being ultimately accountable to the people of the State. They described his leadership as a positive move towards changing the face of Ondo state.

Akeredolu said it was the duty of his administration to continually deliver projects and the projects he initiated will never be abandoned.
He however urged that the communities will reciprocate the gesture by cooperating with the government to make sure those boreholes in their various communities are not destroyed.

PRINCESS EIGBOKHAN ORIH
TCCNEWS

Re: Ondo State Enjoys Portable Water Through kamomi Aketi Scheme by Powersurge: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
There was a country. My spirit cries for this country. A governor gleefully celebrating borehole water.

I was watching a film, Blood Diamond, some years ago. A fellow asked a question about how God will feel seeing what men are doing to themselves. The reply he got was that, " God has left here long time ago".

Knowing that my children may come into the same system, perhaps worse than this someday, my soul cry out to God help me.

(1) (Reply)

Smart Adeyemi Is My Political Wife,i Will Defeat Him Again - Dino (Video) / 29 Passengers Rescued Unhurt In Lagos Canal Accident / Oshiomhole To Obaseki: Stop Blackmailing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.