Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians (449 Views)

See Picture Of Marina In Lagos State During 1960 Independence / Was Nigeria's 1960 Independence Too Early? / APC Most Corrupt Government Since 1960 Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by Mightyodi: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2019
Hello friends,
We just celebrated our 59th independent day as a nation. On that day, I took my little niece on some history class about current affairs. After the whole lesson, he asked me a question, which I could not give a definite answer.
Let me ask you too, maybe you could proffer me with the correct answer, since we learn everyday.
Question: are those people given birth to and died before independence in 1960 called Nigerian?

For instance, a man given birth to in 1900 and died within any period on or before 1959. Is that person a Nigerian?
Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by GOFRONT(m): 11:10am On Oct 05, 2019
Simply tell your Lil Niece that those that were born and died before 1960 were called ZOOGERIANS...

Those that was born and died between 1960 and 1980 were the real NIGERIANS
Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by KraticKratus: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2019
I am so happy my great grand father was never a Nigerian.

Born Igbo, lived Igbo, fought for Igbo, died Igbo. Great man indeed.
Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by Commentor: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2019
KraticKratus:

But you were not born in Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

But you were not born in Igbo land.
[/s]
Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by Area4Area: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2019
KraticKratus:

If your great grandfather was born Igbo and he's from an indigenous group that formed part of Nigeria before 1960 then he died a Nigerian.
So your great grandfather, grandfather, father and you are all Nigerians.
Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by Danzakidakura(m): 11:59am On Oct 05, 2019
If they like they should die kafir, who independent help, i wish Britains are still ruling us. Bia @ op independent kee you there.
Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by Mightyodi: 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
Danzakidakura:
If they like they should die kafir, who independent help, i wish Britains are still ruling us. Bia @ op independent kee you theroe.
Rate your thinking, far below less than average, for saying 'independence keep you there'. Anyone with human brain should at least think like an intelligent being. It is beyond sitting at the comfort of your home because you've gat keypad in your phone, then you type rubiish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Who Died Before 1960 Independence Nigerians by DMerciful(m): 2:22am On Oct 06, 2019
Being Nigerians has nothing to do with independence but its creation in 1914. The name Nigeria is just a mere geographical expression.
Its changes nothing. The land where your great grandfather came from has been existing for thousands of years before Nigeria and will exist for millions of years after Nigeria
Mightyodi:
Hello friends,
We just celebrated our 59th independent day as a nation. On that day, I took my little niece on some history class about current affairs. After the whole lesson, he asked me a question, which I could not give a definite answer.
Let me ask you too, maybe you could proffer me with the correct answer, since we learn everyday.
Question: are those people given birth to and died before independence in 1960 called Nigerian?

For instance, a man given birth to in 1900 and died within any period on or before 1959. Is that person a Nigerian?

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Ruling: Home Enemies Are The Most Dangerous- Uduaghan. / Senator Elisha Abbo, Governor Yahaya Bello & Chairman Fuad Atanda-lawal / Mbaka Attacks Ugwuanyi On Demolitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.