Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

All About Cyberbullying - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / All About Cyberbullying (716 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Cyberbullying by Slyr0x: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
Q: What is cyberbullying and who are the bullies?

A: Cyberbullies embarrass, frighten and/or harm their victims. They are empowered by the anonymity of the Internet as they do not have to confront their victim face-to-face. Cyber lawyer and bullying expert Parry Aftab describes four types of bullies:

- The "Vengeful Angel" cyber bully often gets involved trying to protect a friend who is being bullied or cyber bullied

- The "Power-Hungry" and "Revenge of the Nerds" named so for their technical skills, these bullies want to exert their authority, show that they are powerful enough to make others do what they want and some want to control others with fear.

- "Mean Girls" cyber bully for entertainment, to build their egos. It may occur from a school library or a slumber party, or from the family room of someone's house after school. This kind of cyber bullying requires an audience and stops if they don't get it.

- "Inadvertent" cyberbullying occurs while kids are experimenting in role-playing online and send or post a cyberbullying comment targeting someone without understanding how serious this could be. They do it because they can, or for the fun of it.

Read here--> http://www.macon.com/2010/11/03/1327298/just-ask-gemalto-cyberbullying.html
Re: All About Cyberbullying by Slyr0x: 12:51am On Nov 05, 2010
BuH cRiously, i thot Lojik & Donpuzo commented on this thread
Re: All About Cyberbullying by DualCore1: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
the bot dey bully u. grin
Re: All About Cyberbullying by Slyr0x: 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
Na Lojik & Donpuzo the thing dey bully o0. . . grin grin
Re: All About Cyberbullying by tpia5: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
Cyber bullying is much more than those things listed.
Re: All About Cyberbullying by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 16, 2013
I keep getting repeatedly bullied by the very hardworking spambot
Re: All About Cyberbullying by bizfirst: 5:57am On Dec 16, 2013
*dhtml:
I keep getting repeatedly bullied by the very hardworking spambot

I'll have to concur...same issue here!

(1) (Reply)

Website Theme Designer / Can Anyone Help Me With This Adsense Issue / Mtn Fastlink Modem For Sale Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.