Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,981 members, 7,952,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month (12187 Views)

Minmum Wage: Ekiti Government, Labour Reach Agreement / Jubilation As Kaduna State Govt Begins Payment Of N30,000 New Minimum Wage / Buhari Orders Immediate Payment Of N30,000 Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Olatunde10(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
[rubyrecruiter
Dear Yusuf
Approval on your online application,the HR schedule an interview on post of B.D.O/ P.A on Mon 7th Oct 2019 9:00am.VENUE:2nd gate chemile hall obasa street behind forte oil filling station oba akran avenue ikeja lagos.Dress well.Confirm attendance by replying 'SEEN
Hr Agholor. Please guys help me to verify the message from the said ruby recruiter. Is this genuine?
author=sojiboy post=82868593]EKITI TO COMMENCE PAYMENT OF N30,000 MINIMUM WAGE THIS MONTH
… As Fayemi approves recruitment of 2,000 primary and secondary schools teachers
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has stated that his administration would commence payment of N30,000 minimum wage to Ekiti workers this month.
Dr Fayemi said the payment of the minimum wage was to motivate workers, especially teachers, to deliver the best to the state and reclaim the lost glory and pride of being the education nerve centre of the country.
The Governor, who spoke amidst cheers by highly elated teachers and public servants in attendance at the 2019 World Teachers’ Day celebration in Ado- Ekiti on Saturday, however, tasked teachers to strive for the realisation of the bid to return the state to a leading position in education.
He said, “We will commence payment of N30,000 minimum wage to workers in Ekiti with effect from this month. We are determined to reward diligence because the workers, particularly our teachers, have done the state proud.”
Dr Fayemi, who reiterated the determination of his administration to protect and preserve the core values of making Ekiti the nation’s education capital, said he decided to establish more schools in Ado Ekiti to decongest schools in the capital city and make learning environment more conducive.
The Governor said, “The only way we can reclaim our lost glory in education is to encourage our teachers in and outside service. I will promote functional and technical education in this state.”
Fayemi said that the ongoing recruitment of over 2000 teachers into the public primary and secondary schools was part of the mission of the administration to safeguard the future of the state. The newly recruited 2000 teachers, according to him, are to fill consequential vacancies arising from retirement of teachers adding that the teaching profession still needs brilliant, agile and vibrant men and women for the sustenance of the profession in the state.
The Governor said: “I have also ensured that all students of school age are in schools in line with Education Law which makes basic education compulsory and in line with global best practice.
“In this year’s West African Examination Council Senior School Certificate Examination, Ekiti was ranked 12th. I want to salute our teachers, but that is not where Ekiti belongs, we must continually do more to rise to number one”, he said.
The governor, who further stated that car and housing loans would soon be extended to the primary school teachers, added that names of two Tutor-Generals would soon be announced. This he said, will put teachers on the same pedestal with their civil servant counterparts with potential to rise to the position of permanent secretary.
Fayemi said his administration would continue to pursue the mandate of the National Policy on Education which makes it compulsory for all school age children in Ekiti State.
He said, “I note of course what the chairman of NUT said here about loans being extended to primary schools teachers, and I want to assure you that that will be given very serious consideration. I also want to let you know that government has concluded plans to ensure that we commence the payment of minimum wage of N30,000 with effect from this month.
“Let me state specifically that two new Tutor-Generals appointments have been approved and would be announced in the next week and the third one of course would follow with the retirement of the third Tutor-General. On the other request relating to promotion, arrears of salaries and leave bonuses, I want to assure you that we would not renege on our promise and we are doing all we can to set outstanding obligations to all. As I have assured you at my recent meeting with all workers.
“I wish to state emphatically that we are running with the time and vision to ensure delivery of the dividends of democracy to all the good people of Ekiti State. In other words, we will do everything humanly possible not to leave any stone unturned in making life easier and more comfortable for our people both at home and in diaspora.
“The present administration in Ekiti State under my watch is poised, committed and highly determined to restoring, preserving and guiding our core values for posterity.
“May I reiterate at this auspicious moment that, Ekiti State Government will not renege on its promises to pursue free, compulsory, functional, basic, affordable, enterprising, quality, technical and vocational as well as entrepreneurship education. This is to ensure that all the school age children in Ekiti State are in school in accordance with the mandate of the National Policy on Education, Universal Basic Education Law and Sustainable Development Goals with Quality Assurance practices and global best practice.”
According to Governor Fayemi, “some of the remarkable landmark achievements and initiatives of this State government in the education sector include but not limited to the following: Enactment of Executive Order 001 prohibiting the collection of levies and fees from the pupils and students of all the public primary and secondary schools across the state; disbursement of running grants for the first, second and third terms of 2018/2019 academic session to all the public primary and secondary schools in the state; ongoing renovation of the dilapidated structures in some schools and distribution of free JAMB forms to 3000 candidates across the 16 Local Government Areas of Ekiti State.”
Other achievements according to him are: establishment of four new public secondary schools in Ado-Ekiti metropolis to decongest some of the over populated secondary schools in the State Capital; payment of Bursary for students in Law School for 2018/2019 academic session; training and retraining of teachers in all the subject areas to build their skills and capacity for efficient and effective teaching and learning activities in the schools; regular payment of teachers’ salaries, allowances and personal emoluments including granting of loans and payment of core subjects and rural allowances to the teachers of core subjects and teachers serving in the rural areas respectively.
While congratulating the teachers and the critical stakeholders in the Sector, Fayemi implore all the well-meaning Ekiti people to join hands with him to move education forward to the next level of glory, urging teachers not to rest on their past glory but strive harder to be the best in their chosen profession.
In their remarks, the NUT Chairman and his ASSUS counterpart in the state Comrades Samuel Odugbesan and Sola Adigun respectively commended the state government for being labour friendly.
The labour leaders praised Fayemi for recruiting teachers into public schools across the state, saying this will help in strengthening the future of education.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/ekiti-to-begin-payment-of-n30000-new-minimum-wage-october-%E2%80%95-fayemi/amp/[/quote]
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Neddyned(m): 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Politicians have said a lot but done nothing. I hope it's not one of them.
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Solomonj10(m): 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nice move..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by olivephyssiyor: 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
When would Lagos State start paying now. Center of excellence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by WarriIntellect(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
Finally a Governor that understands the plight of his people earning meagre 18k as minimum wage.The increase is needed.
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by clarkmos15(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
Neat iPhone 6s for sale @43k Location:Lagos Call/WhatsApp :08145539996

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by ojuu4u(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Second term gov from one of poorest state, yet a gov from ondo , a first term gov, seeking second term in office reluctant to pay.
Indeed is not everyone that's supposed to be a leader. But in Nigeria everything goes.

1 Like

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by adenigga(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Beautiful!

But is still within the territory of promise. Until fulfilled, that's when we can dance.

And I pray to God to grant the governor the strength & wisdom to fulfilled that promise, till then, workers calm down o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by grandstar(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
where federal government dey fear waka, na there state government wan chook head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by colestephan86: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
Instabloq9ja:
N30,000 is less than $100,

the government should stop making noise.
Nigerians are slaves, they can't fight for their rights in Nigeria but they go to other countries and fight authorities in other people's land
You are one of the dingbat we have here
Always comparing senselessly, how much is a liter of fuel in your dollar country?
How much is the cost of electricity in your dollar country.
The overhead cost is different for both countries.
It's your type that will travel abroad and keep doing maths before u buy anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Jaybnjamin(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Kaduna first, followed by Ekiti, both APC states.

In their usual business, shildren of 8 will start wailing uncontrollably again. It is either they compare it with the US dollars or start pulling some funny statistics from their arzzes.

Meanwhile, when implementation of this minimum wage was delayed due to some inevitable beurocracy, they were the noisiest screaming scam, one chance etc.

2023 is still far, una intestines go comot at this level of wailing. cheesy

Nawaoo. How can you keep reasoning this way bro.
Its not like you will be exempted from living in the country till 2023.unless you plan on committing suicide, we all gonna face both the good and the ugly of this govt.
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by highbee02: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
valarmorghulis:
Very good, kwara na when u go start ur own payment

U have just spoken my mind. I hope we have not entered one chance in Kwara. Gov. AA is dormant
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Johnnyessence(m): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
sojiboy:
EKITI TO COMMENCE PAYMENT OF N30,000 MINIMUM WAGE THIS MONTH
… As Fayemi approves recruitment of 2,000 primary and secondary schools teachers
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has stated that his administration would commence payment of N30,000 minimum wage to Ekiti workers this month.
Dr Fayemi said the payment of the minimum wage was to motivate workers, especially teachers, to deliver the best to the state and reclaim the lost glory and pride of being the education nerve centre of the country.
The Governor, who spoke amidst cheers by highly elated teachers and public servants in attendance at the 2019 World Teachers’ Day celebration in Ado- Ekiti on Saturday, however, tasked teachers to strive for the realisation of the bid to return the state to a leading position in education.
He said, “We will commence payment of N30,000 minimum wage to workers in Ekiti with effect from this month. We are determined to reward diligence because the workers, particularly our teachers, have done the state proud.”
Dr Fayemi, who reiterated the determination of his administration to protect and preserve the core values of making Ekiti the nation’s education capital, said he decided to establish more schools in Ado Ekiti to decongest schools in the capital city and make learning environment more conducive.
The Governor said, “The only way we can reclaim our lost glory in education is to encourage our teachers in and outside service. I will promote functional and technical education in this state.”
Fayemi said that the ongoing recruitment of over 2000 teachers into the public primary and secondary schools was part of the mission of the administration to safeguard the future of the state. The newly recruited 2000 teachers, according to him, are to fill consequential vacancies arising from retirement of teachers adding that the teaching profession still needs brilliant, agile and vibrant men and women for the sustenance of the profession in the state.
The Governor said: “I have also ensured that all students of school age are in schools in line with Education Law which makes basic education compulsory and in line with global best practice.
“In this year’s West African Examination Council Senior School Certificate Examination, Ekiti was ranked 12th. I want to salute our teachers, but that is not where Ekiti belongs, we must continually do more to rise to number one”, he said.
The governor, who further stated that car and housing loans would soon be extended to the primary school teachers, added that names of two Tutor-Generals would soon be announced. This he said, will put teachers on the same pedestal with their civil servant counterparts with potential to rise to the position of permanent secretary.
Fayemi said his administration would continue to pursue the mandate of the National Policy on Education which makes it compulsory for all school age children in Ekiti State.
He said, “I note of course what the chairman of NUT said here about loans being extended to primary schools teachers, and I want to assure you that that will be given very serious consideration. I also want to let you know that government has concluded plans to ensure that we commence the payment of minimum wage of N30,000 with effect from this month.
“Let me state specifically that two new Tutor-Generals appointments have been approved and would be announced in the next week and the third one of course would follow with the retirement of the third Tutor-General. On the other request relating to promotion, arrears of salaries and leave bonuses, I want to assure you that we would not renege on our promise and we are doing all we can to set outstanding obligations to all. As I have assured you at my recent meeting with all workers.
“I wish to state emphatically that we are running with the time and vision to ensure delivery of the dividends of democracy to all the good people of Ekiti State. In other words, we will do everything humanly possible not to leave any stone unturned in making life easier and more comfortable for our people both at home and in diaspora.
“The present administration in Ekiti State under my watch is poised, committed and highly determined to restoring, preserving and guiding our core values for posterity.
“May I reiterate at this auspicious moment that, Ekiti State Government will not renege on its promises to pursue free, compulsory, functional, basic, affordable, enterprising, quality, technical and vocational as well as entrepreneurship education. This is to ensure that all the school age children in Ekiti State are in school in accordance with the mandate of the National Policy on Education, Universal Basic Education Law and Sustainable Development Goals with Quality Assurance practices and global best practice.”
According to Governor Fayemi, “some of the remarkable landmark achievements and initiatives of this State government in the education sector include but not limited to the following: Enactment of Executive Order 001 prohibiting the collection of levies and fees from the pupils and students of all the public primary and secondary schools across the state; disbursement of running grants for the first, second and third terms of 2018/2019 academic session to all the public primary and secondary schools in the state; ongoing renovation of the dilapidated structures in some schools and distribution of free JAMB forms to 3000 candidates across the 16 Local Government Areas of Ekiti State.”
Other achievements according to him are: establishment of four new public secondary schools in Ado-Ekiti metropolis to decongest some of the over populated secondary schools in the State Capital; payment of Bursary for students in Law School for 2018/2019 academic session; training and retraining of teachers in all the subject areas to build their skills and capacity for efficient and effective teaching and learning activities in the schools; regular payment of teachers’ salaries, allowances and personal emoluments including granting of loans and payment of core subjects and rural allowances to the teachers of core subjects and teachers serving in the rural areas respectively.
While congratulating the teachers and the critical stakeholders in the Sector, Fayemi implore all the well-meaning Ekiti people to join hands with him to move education forward to the next level of glory, urging teachers not to rest on their past glory but strive harder to be the best in their chosen profession.
In their remarks, the NUT Chairman and his ASSUS counterpart in the state Comrades Samuel Odugbesan and Sola Adigun respectively commended the state government for being labour friendly.
The labour leaders praised Fayemi for recruiting teachers into public schools across the state, saying this will help in strengthening the future of education.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/ekiti-to-begin-payment-of-n30000-new-minimum-wage-october-%E2%80%95-fayemi/amp/
where did the state governor fayemi get money in the first place? definitely his counterpart in osun state should pay new minimum wage too.
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Johnnyessence(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Kaduna first, followed by Ekiti, both APC states.

In their usual business, shildren of 8 will start wailing uncontrollably again. It is either they compare it with the US dollars or start pulling some funny statistics from their arzzes.

Meanwhile, when implementation of this minimum wage was delayed due to some inevitable beurocracy, they were the noisiest screaming scam, one chance etc.

2023 is still far, una intestines go comot at this level of wailing. cheesy

lol no be small, AKWA IBOM state has been paying 30k new minimum wage since . maybe you should google it.
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Tessyy1701: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
And FG under @MBuhari is yet to implement the meagre minimum wage.

Hmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Instabloq9ja: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
Abiboss:

So u mean they should continue with the 18k minimum wage

no
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by awoluyi(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
I see why Jesus said "The poor shall always be with you." How does anybody earning N30,000 per month survive in Ekiti or any part of the the country with this amount? No wonder we now have institutionalized poverty & corruption in the country. I doubt the diligence at work and honesty of any worker on this salary. I pray that Ekiti government will be able to pay this new wage considering the IGR status of the state and it's outstanding indebtedness. I appreciate the governor's efforts towards rescuing our people from poverty. This is a major task he needs to attend to.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by israelmao(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
This is ploy is to escape backlogs of new minimum wage.
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Yemsam01: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Yeah, this is what we want. I pray God give him the power and required resources to fulfill his promises. Iru eleyi la o maa ri o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Cajal(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
No hope for people like us
My governor seyi makinde don talk say he no fit pay
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by mercyviv(f): 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
If Ekiti with their paltry allocation and little to nothing IGR can pay 30k minimum wage, then no state in Nigeria has an excuse not to do so!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Carsontyqa(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
Larryomooba:

So what of Buhari the Grand Master of APC
At the top, the real person that signed the
Minimum wage into law, when is he gonna
Start paying is own(sorry paying with our
Common wealth) at least not his personal
Money, we no he's stingy but you can say
He has integrity but can't donate even a class
Room all through his Life time.
So you were told..the way you people make useless assertions still baffles me...What have you given in charity even to your immediate family?
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by iswallker(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
zabuur:

Oga, stop this trash. Is what we pay for house/office rent the same as what those that spend dollars pay?

Do we pay as much bills as those living abroad pay? Always commend moves like this, don't just pick up your phone with your already exhausted mb and start acting like u know all.

Poverty is measured in dollars not naira.. Regardless of what you pay in the shithole that you are...

And what bills are payed abroad that we don't adpy here if I may ask you.. As a matter of fact, you pay more bills because you provide security water electricity roads in your community, you pay through your nose in private schools for your kids, you don't ha e health insurance God forbid you need a routine surgery, people die of malaria in this country... You have to build your house from scratch.. Overseas there is mortgage.. You work live in your hose and pay for it over 20 years..

So what are you talking..

1 Like

Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by eikechukwu8(m): 6:08am On Oct 06, 2019
oga oooo rice don cost

Anyway, is your laptop faulty, non functioning, need upgrade or maintenance? Do you need I.T Support? Dont worry, we gat you. Check my signature for contact details
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by cerpvad(m): 6:36am On Oct 06, 2019
Ekiti teachers should cover their faces in shame. This the same Fayemi that they refused to vote for, thinking he was coming back for second term in office to conduct exams for them and lay them off in the long run.

BTW, how Ekiti go get enough revenue to settle the wage bill of 30,000 minimum wage with the debt of bailout funds and other loans running into billions?
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Larryomooba(m): 8:25am On Oct 06, 2019
Carsontyqa:
So you were told..the way you people make useless assertions still baffles me...What have you given in charity even to your immediate family?

Lame!
I expect u to counter my claim on d minimum
Wage, don't be quick to defend people you no
Nothing about
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by dave4rella(m): 10:23am On Oct 06, 2019
undecided

Until he pays
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Kuginzi: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
Freemanbobble:

Baba
I swear you dull finish
Baba na u be dullards patron?
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by Kuginzi: 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ekiti people, you're rejoicing just because of 30,000 naira new minimum wage & forgotten about Fayose's labour/hardwork
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by 67fvg8i5: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month by demoBaba: 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
Victory2222:
have the pay the out standing salary in ekiti?

I don't understand your grammar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Campaign Flag Off: Plateau State Declares Work-Free Day / Atiku's Leadership Of The Economic Management Team: Oby Ezekwesili Lied- Dr Oche / Soludo Suspends Tax Payment For Heavy Duty, Slashes Rate For Transport Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.