Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) (24963 Views)

Russia Disconnects From Global Internet To Test Its Own Internet / Watch NASA Pour 2 Million Litres Of Water Onto Its Launch Pad In Under A Minute / NASA Launches Parker Solar Probe For Historic Mission To The Sun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by nigeriapenInfo: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
NASA has officially announce about the future involves flying taxis, NASA is set to test its first all-electric X-plane to encourage and develop certification standards for an electric aircraft.

NASA’s X-57 Maxwell is now at the agency’s Armstrong Flight Research Center for testing.

NASA plans to test the aircraft’s electric propulsion system to check its reliability and inform other aircraft manufacturers dealing with all-electric configurations.

The X-57 is also termed as the X-57 Mod II (as in modification II) which does not feature wings. It is also worth noting that the X-plane was delivered by Empirical Systems Aerospace (ESAero) of San Luis Obispo, California on Wednesday, Oct 2nd.

NASA X PlaneThe electric aircraft replaces the traditional combustion engines with electric cruise motors. Now, the delivery of X-plane will allow NASA engineers to perform ground tests, taxi tests, and flight tests to end with.

It will undergo extensive ground testing to ensure that it is worth taking a flight in the first place.

“The X-57 Mod II aircraft delivery to NASA is a significant event, marking the beginning of a new phase in this exciting electric X-plane project,” said X-57 Project Manager Tom Rigney.

As mentioned, this is the Mod II configuration that will undergo ground testing. In addition to this, the Mod III and Mod IV models (or configurations) are also in progress to be tested at NASA Armstrong’s Flight Loads Laboratory.

Obviously, Mod III & IV will include wings to test it for flights and other factors in their testing.

While the test has already commenced, it will be interesting to see what it has to offer for the future.

See More Photos Here: http://topmag.pw/2019/10/05/nasa-to-test-its-first-all-electric-x-plane-photos/
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by nigeriapenInfo: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2019

2 Shares

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by GOFRONT(m): 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sweet
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by stewatt(m): 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
I'll be the first Nigerian to get it

18 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by emeijeh(m): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
stewatt:

Of course, you don't have any competitor in your dreams.

Dream on, bro
grin

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Guapismo: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
Omo technology is advancing everyday, electricity is about to be powering planes and we can't even get 24 hrs supply in Nigeria

67 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Guapismo: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
stewatt:
Pele o if another nigerian gets it before you go and collect it na

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Citytrend: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
God in Hevean knows i won't board such Airplane

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on

1 Like

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Kennitrust(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
The wisdom of men is getting of out of imagination.

3 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Kennitrust(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
I don't know if this story is really true.

When I was a child, I heard a story that seem to be true today regarding the endless breakthrough in sciences world.

My story..:

I was told that there was a time an angel come to the earth to show all mankind a secrets. This involved all races with the black men in numbers.

Now, being a secrets, everybody involved were ask to close their eyes so they won't be hurt by the consequences of opening their eyes.

I learned that, all the black people present in that event closed their eyes till the end of the show. But the white men present in the event outsmart The angel by secretly keeping their eyes opened.

Now after the shows, the white men goes with the knowledge of the secret, while the black men goes with nothing.

Today breakthrough in scientific studies could make this story true o?

Imagine, with all the abundances natural resources that God has bless this country with, we have nothing to show.

Na now we dey try to produced pencil from oyinbo machine.

Mbok, mme mbuk emi adi akpaniko?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Pabloosas(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by petux(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Elon musk on this one..

5 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
I hope to own a couple...
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by princeade86(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
though have ordered for 5, but they said it won't be deliver until next 3 years.

1 Like

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by rawpadgin(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
The west are inventing new stuffs everyday.....while we are still crying for 30k minimum wage.

May God punish our leaders

11 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by HillLuxury: 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Technology
Ours is just to be watching and waiting till the next breakthrough

6 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Kaybaba5(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
Good one
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Princedapace(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
But why can't blacks also manufacture stuff like this? Why are we always buying and not creating?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
This is good
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by PureGoldh(m): 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
When will. Sea taxi enter Nigeria? grin
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by snipesdam(m): 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
Always thinking how to make things better.
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
T
Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
There's something in the white man DNA Africans don't have.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by stevio(m): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
Chat me on WhatsApp 080-3-77=521-84
Citytrend:
God in Hevean knows i won't board such Airplane

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on

1 Like

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by kokomaster3d: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
Africa our own is just to eat and sleep

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Dshocker(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
While other continents are far ahead of Africa in teams of science and technology,Africa is still dragging her feet in the mud...ESPECIALLY a country called Nigeria that has failed in all ramifications and has no solution to her problem,i repeat;Nigeria has no solution to her problem....Bastard leaders.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Emusan(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
Princedapace:
But why can't blacks also manufacture stuff like this? Why are we always buying and not creating?

Go and read Lord lugard submission about typical Nigerian mind you'll understand why

8 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by Gordonz07(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
Oyibo are really trying.

1 Like

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by officialJP(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
emeijeh:

Of course, you don't have any competitor in your dreams.

Dream on, bro
grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) by OakConsultNG: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Good one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Personal Artificial Intelligence On Whatsapp / Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 / Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.