Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh (470 Views)

What Are The Reasons For Keeping Farm Animals? / Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience / Buyers Of Onions And Tomatoes In Bulk Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by ojesymsym: 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
Anyone knows what storage technology is available for keeping vegetables like tomatoes fresh for extended periods of time? Local or international?

1 Like

Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by healthserve(m): 1:21am On Oct 06, 2019
Try searching " Auxins "
Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by Blakjewelry(m): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2019
ojesymsym:
Anyone knows what storage technology is available for keeping vegetables like tomatoes fresh for extended periods of time? Local or international?

Take time to read this

https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/postharvest-cooling-and-handling-of-field-and-greenhouse-grown-tomatoes
Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by ojesymsym: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by ojesymsym: 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
Looks like some genetic modification.
healthserve:
Try searching " Auxins "
Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by Blakjewelry(m): 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
ojesymsym:
It does not seem to answer my question.

then I don't know what you really want. The only thing I know about preservation is sterilization, temperature and humidity control, hence I sent you that link so you can get the specifics.
instead of giving you a broad answer I had to go look for link online
Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by ojesymsym: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
Maybe I'd have to go through it again. I was thinking of a more practical way, maybe an equipment or something. Or how a particular country does it. I am thinking we allow too many items to waste between farm and market.
Thanks for the effort.
Blakjewelry:

then I don't know what you really want. The only thing I know about preservation is sterilization, temperature and humidity control, hence I sent you that link so you can get the specifics.

1 Like

Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by Blakjewelry(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
ojesymsym:
Maybe I'd have to go through it again. I was thinking of a more practical way, maybe an equipment or something. Or how a particular country does it. I am thinking we allow too many items to waste between farm and market.
Thanks for the effort.
the article contains the whole process how it is done in the developed world.
maybe you have to read toward the end of the page.
care is taken during the harvesting stage, then they are washed with chlorinated water, in some Cases they are made to go through UV light I don't if this is applicable to tomatoes but I it is use in some fruit sterilization then they are stored in a unique temperature depending on their state of ripeness.

and yes there are automated process for that, but its money intensive other fruit and vegetables can be preserve in similar way.
if I have the time I will look video link and attach
Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by ojesymsym: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
Okay. Thanks.
Blakjewelry:

the article contains the whole process how it is done in the developed world.
maybe you have to read toward the end of the page.
care is taken during the harvesting stage, then they are washed with chlorinated water, in some Cases they are made to go through UV light I don't if this is applicable to tomatoes but I it is use in some fruit sterilization then they are stored in a unique temperature depending on their state of ripeness.

and yes there are automated process for that, but its money intensive other fruit and vegetables can be preserve in similar way.
if I have the time I will look video link and attach
Re: What Available Technology For Keeping Tomatoes Fresh by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Blakjewelry:

Lol. Actually you gave him the complete answers. I guess you need to find a way to package these concepts in easy ways to "photocopy" and charge for your service. They will not want to pay, but its you who will insist. Since they dont like having free concepts they can work on, you package them excellently well, and charge nicely. grin

(1) (Reply)

My Catfish Are Now Ready For Sale / Some Of The Pest And Disease Of Snails / Interested In Agriculture? Then You Need To See This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.