Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! (1211 Views)

Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government / Ojukwu Was A Dictator – Phillip Effiong / How Nigeria Can Turn Its Brain Drain To Brain Gain – Phillip Emeagwali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by bkbabe97y(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2010
Below is a reply from one of the Judges of the Gordon Bell Prize dispelling every claim/lie made by Phillip Emegwali:

Another Bombshell on PE
Submitted by Aloy (not verified) on November 4, 2010 - 16:54.
This is another Bombshell dropped on Bro. Emeagwali today by another Gordon Bell Prize judge. This man should have 419 named after him.

1. from Jack Dongarra
to toyin adepoju
date 4 November 2010 11:13
subject Re: ENQUIRY ON PHILIP EMEAGWALI,WINNER OF THE 1989 GORDON BELL PRIZE
mailed-by eecs.utk.edu

This was over 22 years ago and I really don't remember. I would disagree with much of what you have written.
He had nothing to do with the development of the CM-2.
He had nothing to do with the development of the internet.
I know of no contribution that Emeagali has made in computational science.
His work on the Bell Prize has had no impact.
Hope this is clear.
Jack Dongarra

Prof. Jack Dongarra; Innovative Computing Laboratory; EECS Department;
1122 Volunteer Blvd; University of Tennessee; Knoxville TN 37996-3450;
+1-865-974-8295; dongarra@, ; http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dongarra/

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-534775.640.html
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by bkbabe97y(m): 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
Prof. Dongarra

Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2010
And you take this yellow toothed fool's words to be sacrosanct because?

It's obvious the man is emotionally compromised in this. Comments like ''It's been 22 years so I really don't remember'', and ''His work on the Gordon Prize has had no impact'' etc etc, sound very very indicative of unprofessional emotional involvement in the issue, considering he was a ''judge''.

I would caution strongly against taking him seriously.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by bkbabe97y(m): 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2010
ROSSIKE:

And you take this fool's words to be sacrosanct because?

It's obvious the man is emotionally compromised in this. Comments like ''It's been 22 years so I can barely remember'', and ''His work on the Gordon Prize has had no impact'' etc etc, sound very very indicative of unprofessional emotional involvement in the issue.

I would caution against taking him seriously.

Yeah, he's a "fool", aint he?

Yes, I'd also "caution against taking his words seriously"!

Only problemo is: HE IS/WAS ONE OF THE JUDGES FOR THE GORDON BELL PRIZE!!!!!

I guess I'll take my chances and take this man's word, than that of your boy!
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2010
Why the propaganda to pull our own down?
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
bkbabe 97 said:

Yeah, he's a "fool", aint he?

Yes, I'd also "caution against taking his words seriously"!

Only problemo is: HE IS/WAS ONE OF THE JUDGES FOR THE GORDON BELL PRIZE!!!!!
I guess I'll take my chances and take this man's word, than that of your boy!

Please use your brain for a second. That a person is a ''judge'' in a contest that took place 22 years ago, which he claims he ''can't remember'' (yet remembers that Emeagwali ''had no impact'') should set your alarm bells ringing. Since when did judges' words become irreproachable? That he is a white man makes no difference hope you know that.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by rethink: 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
I have a new Gun to Kill those other Tribe you wanna buy?
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by bkbabe97y(m): 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
ROSSIKE:

bkbabe 97 said:

Please use your brain for a second. That a person is a ''judge'' in a contest that took place 22 years ago, which he claims he ''can't remember'' (yet remembers that Emeagwali ''had no impact'') should set your alarm bells ringing. Since when did judges' words become irreproachable?  That he is a white man makes no difference hope you know that.

You clearly have low comprehension skills! Even without reading the mail that prompted the reply, are you that stu*pid (or deceptively devious) enough to think that Prof. Dongarra was asserting that he "couldnt remember" the contest which Emeagwali won by default?! Isnt it plausible to think that the Prof. was reacting to a question such as "Do You think Mr. Emegwali was bla bla bla".

Nothing you can say can change the fact that Emeagwali is a fraud!
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by bkbabe97y(m): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2010
ROSSIKE:

That he is a white man makes no difference hope you know that.

Wow!!! Now even the White man hates Ibos?!!?!

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2010
bkbabe97 said said:

You clearly have low comprehension skills! Even without reading the mail that prompted the reply, are you that stu*pid (or deceptively devious) enough to think that Prof. Dongarra was asserting that he "couldnt remember" the contest which Emeagwali won by default?! Isnt it plausible to think that the Prof. was reacting to a question such as "Do You think Mr. Emegwali was bla bla bla".

I'm afraid YOU are the one with questionable comprehension. The man stated: ''This was over 22 years ago and I really don't remember''.

What was 22 years ago? The contest.

Nothing you can say can change the fact that Emeagwali is a fraud!

Nothing you can say can change the fact you have dodgy comprehension.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2010
bkbabe27 said:

Wow!!! Now even the White man hates Ibos?!!?!

ROFLMAO!!!

How does Emeagwali's ethnic group come into this? Like I said, you're not very perceptive.

Considering it's a white foreigner involved, the unprofessional, clearly emotional response he made to the inquiry, would have far more to do with race than ethnicity.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by bkbabe97y(m): 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2010
ROSSIKE:

How does Emeagwali's ethnic group come into this?

How did the Judge's race come into the equation?!

ROSSIKE:

Considering it's a white foreigner involved, the unprofessional, clearly emotional response he made to the inquiry, would have more to do with race than ethnicity.

A white foreigner?! lol. ROFLAMO!!! EMEGEWALI IS IN THE JUDGE'S COUNTRY, THE WHITE MAN CANT BE THAT MUCH OF A FOREIGNER DONT YOU THINK??!!! LOL

What was unprofessional and emotional about his response? Cant your brain tell u that the answers were to questions such as these?:

Toyin Adepoju: Prof. Dongarra, to the best of your knowledge, did Mr Emegwali have anything to do with the developmnt of the CM-2?

Prof. Jack Dongarra:  He had nothing to do with the development of the CM-2.

Toyin Adepoju: Did he have anything to do with the development of the Internet?

Prfo. Jack Dongarra: He had nothing to do with the development of the internet.

Toyin Adepoju: Did he, to the best of your knowledge, both as a Computer Scientist urself and a well respected man in your field of expertise, make any contributions to computational science?

Prof. Jack Dongarra: I know of no contribution that Emeagali has made in computational science.

Toyin Adepoju: Has his work on the Bell Prize had any impact in this field?

Prof. Jack Dongarra: His work on the Bell Prize has had no impact.Hope this is clear.

Rossike, Clearly, ure not very intelligent, but even you should still have been able to mentally reenact what kinds of questions would have prompted the kind of answers that were given by the Prof.!

IBO MAN NOT EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU HATES YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR TRIBE!!!
THE FIRST PERSON TO OUT THIS LIAR WAS AN IBO WOMAN! SECOND PERSON WAS AN IBO MAN. . . . . .

Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2010
bkbabe97 said:

How did the Judge's race come into the equation?!

I guess it came into the equation given the undue weight and respect you accord his every utterance. 

Surely it's not in the realm of possibility for him to be wrong, or is it?

Is every Nigerian judge correct in their acts and utterances?

So why carry on like God Himself spoke through Mr whatever his name is?

How is Mr whatever his name is supposed to know if Emeagwali ''contributed anything to the internet''? A question to which he answered, ''no he didn't contribute anything to the internet''.

Do you realise thousands of people were involved in the process of developing the internet?

Does he know all the people who ''contributed to the internet'' by name?

Of course he doesn't. But you swallow his spiteful words hook, line and sinker in your rush to put down your own people.

You must have rocks for brains. Next time, please conduct far more extensive research before trashing other people, and don't assume for one second that presenting some dodgy, yellow-toothed character with a clear emotional grouse is sufficient to destroy Emeagwali's reputation, or change our perception of him.

One more thing. Please stop referring to a 40 million strong ethnic group as a ''tribe''. You sound like the colonised, thoughtless drone you are when you employ such demeaning, ignorant terminology.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by bkbabe97y(m): 1:46am On Nov 05, 2010
ROSSIKE:

bkbabe97 said:

I guess it came into the equation given the undue weight and respect you accord his every utterance. 

Surely it's not in the realm of possibility for him to be wrong, or is it?

Is every Nigerian judge correct in their acts and utterances?

So why carry on like God Himself spoke through Mr whatever his name is?

How is Mr whatever his name is supposed to know if Emeagwali ''contributed anything to the internet''? A question to which he answered, ''no he didn't contribute anything to the internet''.
Do you realise thousands of people were involved in the process of developing the internet?

Does he know all the people who ''contributed to the internet'' by name?

Of course he doesn't. But you swallow his spiteful words hook, line and sinker in your rush to put down your own people.

You must have rocks for brains. Next time, please conduct far more extensive research before trashing other people, and don't assume for one second that presenting some dodgy, yellow-toothed character with a clear emotional grouse is sufficient to destroy Emeagwali's reputation, or change our perception of him.

One more thing. Please stop referring to a 40 million strong ethnic group as a ''tribe''. You sound like the colonised, thoughtless drone you are when you employ such demeaning, ignorant terminology.

Dude, you really are a speaking monkey!!!

I dont know for a fact that that was the exact question the Judge was asked, I just ASSUMED using MY BRAIN, u Arrow!
The man is a billion times more credible than your lying comrade. Thats why he's a Judge and your comrade was a contestant. Thats why hes a Judge and he awarded your boy the award[b] BY DEFAULT[/b]! How am I expected to know how every Nigerian Judge acts?! Are u that foolish or something?

And whats wrong with referring to Ibos as a tribe? Dude, u really are daft!

YOUR BOY IS A FRAUD, ADJUDGED SO BY A RESPECTABLE, CREDIBLE, AND IMPARTIAL INDIVIDUAL AND THATS THAT!!!!

By the way, who is "Your people" that I'm trying to bring down?!
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Jarus(m): 8:20am On Nov 05, 2010
ROSSIKE:

And you take this yellow toothed fool's words to be sacrosanct because?

It's obvious the man is emotionally compromised in this. Comments like ''It's been 22 years so I really don't remember'', and ''His work on the Gordon Prize has had no impact'' etc etc, sound very very indicative of unprofessional emotional involvement in the issue, considering he was a ''judge''.

I would caution strongly against taking him seriously.
grin grin grin
Oohhh, you can't catch a NL off-guard grin
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by deor03(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2010
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by marocguy(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
This igbo hating woman again. Does bk.Babe or wateva do anytn on NLand but hate Igbos.
One word of advice Bi.TC.H, WHY DONT U TAKE DAT DAT TRIBE KILLING GUN OFFER AND SHOOT US ALL, SURE U'LL EEEL BERRA AFTERWARDS.
AND WAT HAPPENED TO UR ENGLISH,U WERE ONCE FAKED UP IN BLACK AMERICAN STUFE, D WHOLE Y'ALL N NIGGER SHIT Why dont u take a holiday frm nairaland n go perfect urself. Dis tym armed with a tribal gun. Fucking Retard!!! ROFLMAO no LWKMD4H
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2010
Dude, you really are a speaking monkey!!!

''Monkey''? Is that what your white partner calls u when u fail to service him? Please don't project your complex unto us here. You're entirely on your own.

I dont know for a fact that that was the exact question the Judge was asked, I just ASSUMED using MY BRAIN, u Arrow!

Strange. Thought you knew everything about the ''judge'' you were defending.

The man is a billion times more credible than your lying comrade. Thats why he's a Judge and your comrade was a contestant.

Was the judge that sentenced Ken Saro Wiwa to death by hanging more credible than the latter? I don't expect you to comprehend the point of course.

How am I expected to know how every Nigerian Judge acts?!

You seem to know how every American judge acts, ie ''fairly, credibly, and impartially''.

And whats wrong with referring to Ibos as a tribe? Dude, u really are daft!

Do you or would you refer to the French as a tribe?

The Irish?

The Greeks?

The Welsh?

Why not?

YOUR BOY IS A FRAUD, ADJUDGED SO BY A RESPECTABLE, CREDIBLE, AND IMPARTIAL INDIVIDUAL AND THATS THAT!!!!

You're certainly showing that you know how every American judge acts.

By the way, who is "Your people" that I'm trying to bring down?!

Silly me. I actually imagined you were one of us, as in a Nigerian, or an African.

Do accept my apologies for the hasty assumption.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2010
@poster

i'd like to ask a question

1. Did Emeagwali win any Gordon Brown award in any category.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by babapupa: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
The saddest part is the fact that ibo people have no sense of right and wrong, the tribe comes first is a dangerous mentality and that's what's killing them. They will defend hitler to death if he was ibo.

That's why I don't and never count on them to give sane, reasonable and just judgment on anything.

Tribe and emotions is their weakness,
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Dede1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
I can not believe the shameless loudmouths still have audacious pedigree to lampoon the personality of Phillip Emeagwali on the latter’s meritorious achievement on high performance and parallel computing as depicted by Gordon Bell Acm Awards Organization.

It is commonly said that the test of the pudding is in the eating. I urge all the empty-headed critics of Emeagwali to partake in high performance and parallel computing exercise to, at least, gain a place in the category of Honorable Mention.

For all of you who have shown the characteristics of doormats on this issue should know that Gordon Bell is still awarding prizes and kids from Asia continent are dominating the Prize Performance category.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Genius100: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2010
Rossike, stop burying your head in the sand. Save your defense for credible Nigerians. Anyone in this age that does not see that Emeagwali grossly exaggerated his achievements is a slowpoke.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by Eziachi: 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
Well God is dead they said, maybe someone should show us his grave.
I didn't realise that Phillip is this popular, after 20+ page about him by people that cannot read their bank account let alone having a say in who is a fraud in science, and another chapter is opened.
Lets just bury this issue once and for all and agree that Mr Emeagwali is a hefty big fraud, that has used his Ijeke-ebee magical powers to blind the whole of the science world, the FBI, CNN, BBC, AL Jazeera etc.
Lets wait for the day the police will knock at his door, arrest him for fraud and send him to jail to decay there, then we can all pop our chilled champers and celebrate his final demice and then dance on his grave, if he wasn't dissolved in an acid that he deserved.
Re: Phillip Emegwali Completely Buried Once And For All! by MaiSuya(m): 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
So this Phillip Emegwali issue still continues to rage on? twenty-somthing pages and still. . .

Can't imagine what the guy would think were he suddenly stumble on NL. . .

(1) (Reply)

Middle Eastern Nations Want To Break Nigeria – Sara-igbe / How Can I Become A Pdp Delegate? / Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.