Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria (797 Views)

Osinbajo: Another Civil War Cannot Be Afforded In Nigeria / Yahaya Bello: I Averted Another Civil War In Nigeria / Beware Of Another Civil War – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by otosa(m): 6:09am On Oct 06, 2019
Alhaji Samaila Muhammed Mera, the Emir of Argungu, has warned that Nigeria risks another devastating civil war if the calls for the country’s break up are not halted.

The first class monarch and foremost traditional ruler said the nation is better off as one entity.

The monarch pointed out that if Nigeria was separated today, each of these ethnic groups would start rising against each other, waging supremacy war and this would lead to another civil war.

He said, “I am not a constitutional lawyer or politician. Whatever restructuring would take place in this country, my sincere advice is that we are better off to remain one Nigeria than divided into pieces,” he was quoted by Sun.

“I keep on telling my friends in the South-East, South-South regions of Nigeria that it will be a sad day for me whenever any one of them would have to collect visa before they could visit me. There is strength in number, unity.

“We are over 150 million now in term of our population and there was a forecast that before end of this century, Nigeria’s population would exceed 300 million making us the most populous nation behind China and Indian.

“If you look around the world today, the most successful nations are those with highest population. Like I said, our problem is that we are not patient with our leaders.

“Just imagine, if Igbo break away, how many land space do they have? The same thing with Yoruba, the same thing with us in the Northern region.

“Every part of this country has something to offer to other regions. We are better the way we are now. Whatever our grievances are, let us embrace dialogue and address our differences.

“Whenever I hear our people are agitating for Biafra here, another region calling for break up, I feel sad.

“We must not forget what happened to Albania, Yugoslavia, and others when they separated into seven nations.

“Their country was the most vibrant nation in Europe in term of economy. But today, they are small nations with inadequate resources to cater for their citizens.

“This should be a big lesson to us. If we break up, all of us would suffer for it, because we have many ethnic groups and tribes across the country.

“If we were separated today, each of these ethnic groups would start rising against each other, waging supremacy war.

“May God forbid, that would be the beginning of civil war. Instead, we should continue to pray for our leaders, unite for the country’s survival and development.

“We need to fully tap our potential. We were made to understand that Zamfara state is the richest state in Nigeria in term of gold deposits.

“Have we fully utilized this potential? Also Kebbi state is blessed with gold and other mineral resources.

“In fact, each state across Nigeria has two or more natural resources that could change the economy of this country for better. We were also told that there are large deposits of gas in the Northeast.

“Let us bring all these potentials out, utilise them and I am optimistic that all these threats of breaking away, restructuring and others would be history in our country.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2019/10/05/emir-reveals-may-lead-another-civil-war-nigeria/amp/
Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by lastempero: 6:11am On Oct 06, 2019
Your people should stop dragging us back.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by Switruth: 6:11am On Oct 06, 2019
This time the civil war will be a confusing one as the government of the day don’t want to address key issues bothering on national security and the people’s welfare.
Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 6:15am On Oct 06, 2019
Nigeria is a proof that age is not maturity. 59 and still no plan, no sense, no nothing.

Okay emir, I agree we are better of together but can you tell me one thing?

Why are we together?

What exactly is the Nigeria's dream?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by Joshmodest(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2019
If Nigeria divide today or not , that division is bound to happen sooner or later ....
See the Emir happy about the fact that before the end of the century our population could hit 300 million , we are barely 170 million, and to get a job ryt now is rocket science, no stable electricity , nothing at all ...what is the benefit of our togetherness , except more revenue for greedy politicians and monarchs !
He is not a very exposed man to say the most populated countries are the richest , Europe is one of the richest continents, and the most populated city there is Moscow , which Lagos is even ahead of In terms of population ...
India , Nigeria and China face a lot of economic issues due to the high population rate...
Nigeria would have to divide some day.....the Emir is speaking in his own benefit , knowing the north would suffer a lot ,if division takes place today , cos they lack resources and they lack exposure like himself !!

3 Likes

Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by Joshmodest(m): 6:20am On Oct 06, 2019
OK
Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by Binikingdowm: 6:21am On Oct 06, 2019
Hausa will be the first to die in southern region if war breaks out
Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by Overself: 6:27am On Oct 06, 2019
He should keep his dirty, smelling mouth shut. This the lie they always use:
1. Nigeria is non divisible
2. Nigeria is better off as one
The idiots wants Nigeria to be one,but their attitude says otherwise. They are d one doing d killings. They have refused restructuring. They have been a major obstacle to the development of this country,yet the bastards wants Nigeria to be one.

The fire is coming n this time around,they won't b able to stop it.

VIVA FREEDOM!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by saheedbadmus(m): 6:27am On Oct 06, 2019
No region would pray for war. I also Nigeria can b one and if them one divide make dem divide ojere
Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by EagleNest(m): 6:29am On Oct 06, 2019
Tallesty1:
Nigeria is a proof that age is not maturity. 59 and still no plan, no sense, no nothing.

Okay emir, I agree we are better of together but can you tell me one thing?

Why are we together?

What exactly is the Nigeria's dream?

Very good question. We can't just be together just for together sake. There must be visions and sense of belonging and hope to everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by EagleNest(m): 6:38am On Oct 06, 2019
Quest for disintegration won't come up repeatedly in Nigeria history if Nigeria project has worked. After 59 years we have not found our rhythm to work together. How can we progress if we are not united. And how can we be united if we continue to hold tight what divides us rather than what unite us.

And numerical strength doesn't always transform to economic strength. If 70% of the population is poor, I think it will take much more than human numbers to be economically strong.
Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by udoka2013: 6:52am On Oct 06, 2019
Oga Emir breaking-up of this country is the best solution. Your friends from other climes should visit you with their visa. Heaven will not break. You people are drawing others backward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Reveals What May Lead To Another Civil War In Nigeria by olajizz01(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2019
This Emir don dey craze o,parasite.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why APC No Longer Has Governorship Candidate / Oshiomhole: Saraki And Others Who Left APC Have Been Punished By Nigerians / I Hope Dino Melaye Accepts Rerun Results - Smart Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.