Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Is Transitioning From Corel To Adobe Worth It? How Long Does It Take? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Is Transitioning From Corel To Adobe Worth It? How Long Does It Take? (927 Views)

Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? / Help: Corel Draw X7 Or X8 Request / Corel Draw Or Adobe Illustrator? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Transitioning From Corel To Adobe Worth It? How Long Does It Take? by lovinhubby2wife(m): 6:39am On Oct 06, 2019
Is it worth it to learn adobe even though I've been designing using corel since 2014.

I just dont know if it's worth my time. I can export my designs in adobe file formats. I just dont know if this idea of me moving from corel to adobe worth it.
Re: Is Transitioning From Corel To Adobe Worth It? How Long Does It Take? by Offpoint: 7:07am On Oct 06, 2019
lovinhubby2wife:
Is it worth it to learn adobe even though I've been designing using corel since 2014.

I just dont know if it's worth my time. I can export my designs in adobe file formats. I just dont know if this idea of me moving from corel to adobe worth it.
What are your major designs?
If your major designs are: e. g flyers, banners, wedding graphics etc, You're good to stick to CorelDRaw (Though there's nothing wrong upgrading)

But if you're dealing with logo and illustrative designs: Adobe Illustrator is advisable.

Photoshop has its own purpose depending on how well you can use it.

Everything depends on the designer, but I'll advice you learn Adobe too just to upgrade yourself.

I personally work perfectly with the 3 major graphics softwares.
CorelDRaw
Illustrator and Photoshop
Re: Is Transitioning From Corel To Adobe Worth It? How Long Does It Take? by naijacartoon: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2019
the question is as good as saying hacksaw and chainsaw which is better for a switch.

Both softwares have their strengths. Professionalism in mastering the tool is so important as becoming efficient in the trade.

At Naijacartoon we use illustrator and photoshop for artwork prep, image manipulation and coreldraw for graphics design.

The beef between corel and adobe is struggle for market share and sofar adobe takes the lead.
Re: Is Transitioning From Corel To Adobe Worth It? How Long Does It Take? by lovinhubby2wife(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
Offpoint:

What are your major designs?
If your major designs are: e. g flyers, banners, wedding graphics etc, You're good to stick to CorelDRaw (Though there's nothing wrong upgrading)

But if you're dealing with logo and illustrative designs: Adobe Illustrator is advisable.

Photoshop has its own purpose depending on how well you can use it.

Everything depends on the designer, but I'll advice you learn Adobe too just to upgrade yourself.

I personally work perfectly with the 3 major graphics softwares.
CorelDRaw
Illustrator and Photoshop
I do all the bolded above and a host of other things including magazines, book designs and other 2d designs.

I want to learn after effects; but I was advised to learn Ai and ps before going for After effects
Re: Is Transitioning From Corel To Adobe Worth It? How Long Does It Take? by Offpoint: 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
lovinhubby2wife:
I do all the bolded above and a host of other things including magazines, book designs and other 2d designs.

I want to learn after effects; but I was advised to learn Ai and ps before going for After effects
In this case you should start with AI, Then PS... AE is majorly for video editing and motion graphics.

(1) (Reply)

Jj Frames And Stretching Services / Graphic Design For Social Media (free Whatsapp Class) / For Your Carrier Bag, General Printing 3d Logo, And Ads Flyer, We Are Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.