Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment (20341 Views)

Minimum Wage: Ngige Consults AGF, Threatens To Sue Governors / FG Has Started Paying N30,000 Minimum Wage - Ngige / Minimum Wage: Ngige, SGF Mustapha To Meet Buhari On Fresh Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Handsomecole(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2019
We Have Commenced Payment of New Minimum Wage – Chris Ngige

Kenneth Udeh, Abuja

Nigeria’s Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr Chris Ngige, has said that the N30,000 new Minimum Wage is “a reality”, asserting that the Federal Government has commenced payment of the new wage to workers at the lower cadres of the public service.

He argued that the current quagmire between the Federal Government and organised labour arose from adjusting the wages of government workers from grade level 7 to 14, with the two parties yet to agree on final figures. Collective bargaining, the Minister said, was the only way to end the tussle, and that once agreed other grade levels would start earning their new wages.

In an interview with Daily Sun‘s KENNETH UDEH in Abuja, Minister Ngige spoke on topical national issues, including Nigeria’s 59th Independence anniversary, social investment programmes and the impact of Nigeria’s border closure on domestic industries.

What is the Federal Government’s stance on the N30,000 new Minimum Wage?

I understand that the N30,000 Minimum Wage is a reality, that is why we have started the implementation. The N30,000 Minimum Wage is for the man at the lowest position in the job ladder, so we are already paying that. The public servants of those offices are already earning the new Minimum Wage. With the consequential adjustment, we have a problem with adjusting the wages of level 7 to level 14 workers. The problem is with negotiations, because the two parties [government and labour] are yet to agree on the figures. It is expected to happen because it is a negotiation. And anything that concerns wages and negotiations, you should be ready for hard negotiations, especially when the economy is not too good. The good thing happening now is collective bargaining, because it is a consequential adjustment. So, I do not see it as a problem that cannot be solved. We have to solve it. And once we solve it, other grade levels will start earning their new scales of wages.

Read More: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/we-have-commenced-payment-of-new-minimum-wage-chris-ngige/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by plumule(m): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2019
I know Nigerian politicians to be story tellers, but only this one right here is a fortune teller

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Richdad50(m): 11:29am On Oct 06, 2019
shocked
Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Citytrend: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2019
grin grin
If you think this man is Lying Ask Lie Mohammed! Please don't ask the workers Oo

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below in Red Letters to Chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by okfuhuyfjr: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2019
Citytrend:
No
no what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2019
Hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Metu2016: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2019
Really
Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2019
Ngige you lied.

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by seunlayi(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2019
Government of lies and decit

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by abdeiz(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2019
Hope it won't be like last time his boss contradicted him.
Well if this is true then little steps toward progress if not like play them gk use am campaign for 2023

I have Samsung and iPhone for sale.
Condition of all phones are 10/10
Boxed sealed and comes with accessories and warranty.

Check siggy for more contact details and sweet deals.

Location is Kano

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by frankie1992(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
Goan sit down Oga! Naso una go dey talk rubbish up and down.. Tell us another thing jaree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
Oga stop your lies, nysc members never receive anything like that

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by micflo28(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
Can this over bleached, tan needing guy just shut up. Enough of the minimum wage rubbish. Their kids working in CBN, NNPC and NIMASA are not even bothered with their humongous salary. They should keep deceiving themselves with no achievement in their shelves thus far

8 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Articul8(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
That wasn't the initial agreement. Government sure do know how to arm twist the governed. You have to pay it across board. I know the reason they decided to pay the lower levels is for them to have something to nail NLC. It won't work Oga Ngige!!!

5 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Celestyn8213: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
gerara here jor
Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Equity15(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
stupid man...na 6th una dey pay salary? una don start why allawee no increase?

8 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by mistacoco2: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
Fat lie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Freemanbobble: 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
This man is a bloody liar

My cousin works with Uniben level 5 step 2

And they didn't receive any minimum wage

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by CapitalHYC(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
I finally Found KennethCole on Nairaland... good one gringrin
Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
Unless ngige has started paying in his dream but I have not received anything

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by clefstone(m): 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2019
Audio minimum wage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by slimanyd: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
NGIGE !!!! The Only Minister that lies in a Chronogical Order. I have friends within that Grade level of 4 to 6 . Yet shishi , they never see anything.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by drlaykay(m): 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
Handsomecole:
We Have Commenced Payment of New Minimum Wage – Chris Ngige

Kenneth Udeh, Abuja

Nigeria’s Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr Chris Ngige, has said that the N30,000 new Minimum Wage is “a reality”, asserting that the Federal Government has commenced payment of the new wage to workers at the lower cadres of the public service.

He argued that the current quagmire between the Federal Government and organised labour arose from adjusting the wages of government workers from grade level 7 to 14, with the two parties yet to agree on final figures. Collective bargaining, the Minister said, was the only way to end the tussle, and that once agreed other grade levels would start earning their new wages.

In an interview with Daily Sun‘s KENNETH UDEH in Abuja, Minister Ngige spoke on topical national issues, including Nigeria’s 59th Independence anniversary, social investment programmes and the impact of Nigeria’s border closure on domestic industries.

What is the Federal Government’s stance on the N30,000 new Minimum Wage?

I understand that the N30,000 Minimum Wage is a reality, that is why we have started the implementation. The N30,000 Minimum Wage is for the man at the lowest position in the job ladder, so we are already paying that. The public servants of those offices are already earning the new Minimum Wage. With the consequential adjustment, we have a problem with adjusting the wages of level 7 to level 14 workers. The problem is with negotiations, because the two parties [government and labour] are yet to agree on the figures. It is expected to happen because it is a negotiation. And anything that concerns wages and negotiations, you should be ready for hard negotiations, especially when the economy is not too good. The good thing happening now is collective bargaining, because it is a consequential adjustment. So, I do not see it as a problem that cannot be solved. We have to solve it. And once we solve it, other grade levels will start earning their new scales of wages.

Read More: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/we-have-commenced-payment-of-new-minimum-wage-chris-ngige/
But corpers still got paid 19,800 last month

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by jonnyjustcome22: 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
Useless minister. 30k that is not enough to his dog. Compound liar

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by jonnyjustcome22: 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
To feed his dog*
Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by OyiboOyibo(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
This short devil will not make heaven....He keeps lying on per seconds...

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by Major77: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
That man is a topical lier NO new minimum wage we are still receiveing the old one

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment by shyvicky: 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
Yes I received it, see evidence below grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Economy Has Stopped Working, Labour Tells Buhari / Presient Buhari Departs London, To Arrive Nigeria Soon / APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.