Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily (11482 Views)

Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents / Lagos Set To Launch Ferry Services, Expects 480,000 Passengers Daily / British Envoy Meets Sanwo-olu, Seeks Partnership On Water Transportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by madenigga(m): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
MobilityExpress:
1m people on the lagoon at the mercy of sea pirates that will start eyeing the lagoon waterways? There has to be heavy security in place patrolling the waterways round the clock, otherwise it won't work.
Lagos is not Niger Delta they are reasonable

3 Likes

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by Ttipsy(f): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
Quorax:
To this people, Citizens are cash cow... grin grin grin
i tell u
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by mechanics(m): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
It won't be that easy being that the rescue team responsible for an unforeseen emergency are not that efficient.
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
There is no proper coordination and politics of how to make money from Lagos State government affected the development of water channels. Also, the conflict between NIWA and LASWA affected water transportation.

The development of comprehensive channel marking from Epe - Ikorodu - Ajah - VI - CMS - Apapa - Mile 2 up to Badagry showing areas of navigable waters with safety signal and signs for intra Lagos transportation is needed. For this to be done, dredging is required on some routes.

Few years back, when sand filling was being done in many areas in Lagos by developers, I appealed to LASG to direct the developers to carry out dredging on water transportation channels for their sand filling. Doing this would have dredged some of the channels while the sand is used for sand filling. Some of those in government have interest in those lands being sand filled, they ignored my warning and dredged water areas that are not marked but close to those areas being sand filled.

Lagos State government would have saved huge amount of money and some routes would have been opened by now.
I wish Sanwoolu best of luck .
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by frozen70g(f): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
damoobaba:
Roads highly congested but waterways free as air yet the Lagos state govt is buying more buses. Hopefully, these govt will get its priority right in the transport sector. The waterways is connected to almost all parts of Lagos, Epe, ikorodu and badagry inclusive. one wonders what has prevented the Lagos state govt from investing in water transport all these years.

The cost of a ferry with the capacity of carrying 50 people has been the greatest challenge in investing in water transport in lagos state

If they privatise it, private sector will handle it perfectly
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by Wickedtruths: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Quorax:
To this people, Citizens are cash cow... grin grin grin

You see citizens, they see customers.
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by Originalsly: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
Astonmartins:

This is real diversification, leaders needs to think out of the box to make life easier for their subjects... Good one LASWA

What is thinking out of the box?... ferry service?... is it even new to Lagos? Politicians talk a mouthful of hot air and we are so quick to embrace it. Did he say how this is going to be achieved?...did he outline a plan?... did he give cost estimate?... did he say where the landings will be?...from which proposed points to which?... did he say what the fares may be? None of this... but he is brilliant... thinking out of the box. ... he surely is... like so many others roaming the streets.
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by slimfit1(m): 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
The governor is a 419 where is the railway Fashola promised it is the same party so we expect continuity.
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by Masterdazhem: 4:44am On Oct 07, 2019
High time other measures are explored, good one
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:18am On Oct 07, 2019
tiredoflife:
As dem don chop the light rail money finish dem don move to water transportation grin grin
Afonjas mumu sha
As one man dey scam dem

Yet another tired, broke, expired tribalist!

Nothing but negative to offer. Aren't you tired of being like this?

Always criticising with absolutely nothing to offer.

Where are you from ?

What is your state governor doing by the way??

More is the pity if you reside in Lagos state.

Keep on hating while others are prospering and at least doing something.

The ones you hate keep prospering and achieving great milestones in life....

What are you going to achieve before and by the age of these governors??

Do,tell.

2 Likes

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by tiredoflife(m): 7:05am On Oct 07, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

Yet another tired, broke, expired tribalist!

Nothing but negative to offer. Aren't you tired of being like this?

Always criticising with absolutely nothing to offer.

Where are you from ?

What is your state governor doing by the way??

More is the pity if you reside in Lagos state.

Keep on hating while others are prospering and at least doing something.

The ones you hate keep prospering and achieving great milestones in life....

What are you going to achieve before and by the age of these governors??

Do,tell.

Where is ur light rail
Ethiopia started same project two years after Fashola announced urs
Theirs was longer in distance
It was $120m
It has been completed
Yours is $1.2b
Its 16yrs now
Where is it
Milestone in mumu tribal corruption
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2019
tiredoflife:

Where is ur light rail
It was $120m
It has been completed
Yours is $1.2b
Its 16yrs now
Where is it

Are you Ethiopian

If you are, I wouldn't waste my words with you.

You should be able to argue from the point of a nigerian state that is making strides and not argue on behalf of another country that doesn't take notice of you ....

Its actually pointless wasting time arguing with one with a negative moniker as yours though ......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by tiredoflife(m): 10:55am On Oct 07, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

Are you Ethiopian

If you are, I wouldn't waste my words with you.

You should be able to argue from the point of a nigerian state that is making strides and not argue on behalf of another country that doesn't take notice of you ....

Its actually pointless wasting time arguing with one with a negative moniker as yours though ......

U see ur dumb excuse
Am I Ethiopian
U afonjas will cover up anything as long its ur useless states and leaders
U all claim pro Nigeria but the fact is u are enemies of Nigeria
U only think of the yoruba race first
A project was started two years ago after ur so called stride making lagos
Yet they were cheaper
They have completed theirs
Urs is 10 times the amount
Nothing to show for it 16years later
But I guess u are making strides in tribal corruption
Soon mc oluomo will be ur governor
That's how dumb u lots are
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2019
tiredoflife:

U see ur dumb excuse
Am I Ethiopian
Yet they were cheaper

You do need some sugar in your life....

So vile and abusive.....

What is your state governor doing ?
Are they any better

Before you criticise others, check well where you are in right standing too.

I will call out any Governor irrespective of his tribe .

Keep your focus off Lagos and task you governors too!

Ethiopian visa isn't on your passport yet you use it as a yardstick, it makes absolutely no sense to me . Nor would it years from now .

As usual , you get abusive, hurling insults for what matured minds won't and shouldn't .

Try and be mess emotional you hear ??

Whatever the Yorubas stole from you , let's know biko.

Such vileness, such bile, such bitterness. Such a pity!

Only Jesus can cure it. No amount of MFM prayers can undo this.

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by tiredoflife(m): 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

So vile and abusive.....

Are they any better

Ethiopian visa isn't on your passport yet you use it as a yardstick, it makes absolutely no sense to me . Nor would it years from now .

As usual , you get abusive, hurling insults for what matured minds won't and shouldn't .

We know the yoruba agenda
U can only fool yourself angry
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
tiredoflife:

We know the yoruba agenda
U can only fool yourself angry

Son, you need to change your perspective........

I sprinkle honey on you to reduce the bile and toxicity you exude....

2 Likes

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by EeyanMayweather(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
tiredoflife:
As dem don chop the light rail money finish dem don move to water transportation grin grin
Afonjas mumu sha
As one man dey scam dem
Osu almajiri...why not go back to your cursed erosion ravaged land where they are not mumu and enjoy the world class transportation system there
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by EeyanMayweather(m): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2019
tiredoflife:

Where is ur light rail
It was $120m
It has been completed
Yours is $1.2b
Its 16yrs now
Where is it
You can wail yourself to death ...You are kuku tired of life..ode
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by EeyanMayweather(m): 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
tiredoflife:

U see ur dumb excuse
Am I Ethiopian
Yet they were cheaper
Coming from an osu with useless citizens and leaders alike. When will you tell us about what the scum you parade as leaders have done to better the lot of you and your people .
If Nigeria was truly a federal state, why I should I be bothered about what goes on in your neck of wood You should hold the losers governing you moro.ns to account and leave me to worry about my leaders .
You roaches are not meant to live among sane humans.
As long as the mcOluomo or whatever is Yoruba, its fine .
Nigeria is not one and will never be. The Yoruba race comes first and will always come first in my agenda.
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by EeyanMayweather(m): 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

So vile and abusive.....

Are they any better

They would rather die on top Yoruba land than talk about their barren land...
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
EeyanMayweather:

They would rather die on top Yoruba land than talk about their barren land...

Please let's lead by example . Don't go that route , it breeds hatred and toxicity .
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by tck2000(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
Z
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily by Susu888(m): 6:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
Way to go ahead... lagos needs more of these alternative tranportation modes honestly! The roads are at maximum congestion limits and people are still trooping in on a daily basis. sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Bank Approves Nigeria's $750 Million COVID-19 Loan Request / Crisis Brewing In Lagos Ports As NARTO, NURTW, RTEAN Set For Show Down / Adamawa Supplementary Poll: Court Dismisses Binani's Suit Against INEC, Fintiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.