Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Canadian Couple Wins $11,255,272. What Will You Do If You Won Such Amount? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Canadian Couple Wins $11,255,272. What Will You Do If You Won Such Amount? (996 Views)

How Much Have U Won From Football Betting? / UK Couple Wins Euromillions Jackpot / If You Won A Million Dollars What Would You Do With It? Honestly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Couple Wins $11,255,272. What Will You Do If You Won Such Amount? by Dungren1(m): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2010
A retired Canadian couple who won $11.3 million in the lottery in July have already given it (almost) all away.

"What you've never had, you never miss," 78-year-old Violet Large explained to a local reporter.

She was undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer when the couple realized they'd won the jackpot in July.

"That money that we won was nothing," her tearful husband, Allen, told Patricia Brooks Arenburg of the Nova Scotia Chronicle Herald. "We have each other."

[Rewind: Lottery winner hits jackpot, four times]

The money was a "headache," they told the paper--mainly, it brought anxiety over the prospect that "crooked people" might take advantage of them. Several people called them out of the blue to ask for money when the news first broke that they'd won the jackpot. So they began an $11 million donation spree to get rid of it and help others, the Chronicle Herald reports:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101104/od_yblog_upshot/nicest-canadian-couple-in-world-doles-out-lottery-winnings

If you were in their shoes, what will you do?
Re: Canadian Couple Wins $11,255,272. What Will You Do If You Won Such Amount? by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2010
Wow. If i were to be in there shoes, i would invest half&give the other out as gift to the needy
Re: Canadian Couple Wins $11,255,272. What Will You Do If You Won Such Amount? by Dungren1(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2010
Actually, if I were in their shoes at that age of 78, I would have done exactly what they have done - giving the money away and keeping a little of it.

But right now, I can achieve quite a lot with the money (abt N1.6 Billion) and would definitely give some to my family members and close pals. wink

(1) (Reply)

Read This:i Have A Project Of 35m: Looking For A Partner: +another N2m Monthly / Savannah Bank Prepares To Resume Operation / How Do I Pay For Facebook Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.