Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Iran Arrests Angelina Jolie’s ‘look-alike’ For ‘blasphemy’ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Arrests Angelina Jolie’s ‘look-alike’ For ‘blasphemy’ (360 Views)

Pakistani Wearing Dress With Arabic Print Almost Lynched To Death For Blasphemy / Tailor Beheaded For Sharing Politician's Blasphemy Post Online In India (photos) / Man Shot Dead For 'blasphemy' In Pakistan Courtroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Arrests Angelina Jolie’s ‘look-alike’ For ‘blasphemy’ by Trivalence: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
Iran has arrested an Angelina Jolie ‘lookalike’ on suspicion of blasphemy and instigating violence after complaints about her Instagram posts.

Social media star Sahar Tabar, from Tehran, shot to prominence on Instagram after posting images of her eerily gaunt face, with some people saying her appearance resembled that of a ‘zombie.’

The 22-year-old reportedly had 50 surgeries to make her look like the Oscar-winning actress, but she later confirmed most of her distinctive look was achieved through make-up and editing.

Tabar has been arrested on charges charges including blasphemy, inciting violence, gaining income through inappropriate means and encouraging youths to corruption, Tasnim news agency reported.

She was detained on the orders of Tehran’s guidance court, which deals with ‘cultural crimes and social and moral corruption’, late on Saturday.

Most of the photos and videos shared with her 26,800 followers have also been heavily edited so that she seemingly resembles Hollywood star Angelina Jolie.

The account features images of her pouting lips, sharply turned-up nose and razor-like cheekbones.

In July Sahar unveiled her former appearance for the first time, sharing a side-by-side snaps of her pre and post surgery.

She later admitted she’d had some surgery such as a nose job, lip fillers and liposuction but insisted most of her unusual appearance is down to make-up and editing.

She said: ‘This is Photoshop and makeup. Every time I publish a photo, I paint my face in an increasingly funny way. It is a way of expressing yourself, a kind of art. My fans know that this is not my real face.’

She added: ‘I did not even think about being like Jolie. Also, I did not want to resemble the cartoon character the Corpse Bride.

‘Now I understand that I have something to do with them, but I am a ...

Read full;

Source: http://lanrenews.com/iran-arrests-angelina-jolies-look-alike-for-blasphemy/#

Re: Iran Arrests Angelina Jolie’s ‘look-alike’ For ‘blasphemy’ by immortalcrown(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
Which kain wahala be dis? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran Arrests Angelina Jolie’s ‘look-alike’ For ‘blasphemy’ by paiz: 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
grin
Re: Iran Arrests Angelina Jolie’s ‘look-alike’ For ‘blasphemy’ by JhayJoe: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
This one beauty no be skin deep oh
Re: Iran Arrests Angelina Jolie’s ‘look-alike’ For ‘blasphemy’ by Educharles(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
grin

(1) (Reply)

See How Chinese Kill Their Pro Government Netizen / Iran/usa Tension Update / Study Finds No Benefit, Higher Death Rate In Patients Taking Hydroxychloroquine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.