Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' (29841 Views)

Governor Akeredolu Sacks Media Aides To Deputy Governor / Akeredolu Sacks Aides To Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi / Governor Akeredolu Sacks Three Commissioners In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Excuzeme: 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2019
PureGoldh:
The man made mistake sha "Wrong use of grammar " but the Governor went too far....he should have tempered justice with mercy.

In dx life we should always mind what we say or type on social media as it mind tend to bring good or bad fortune to us if care is not taken.

Meanwhile my people.. If you need Pure Natural Original Honey.... Call or whatsapp me on
081 016 667 71

It just shows how Power Drunk Akeredolu is, despite all his pretence!
Let us examin what the man wrote (we all know all these Aides like to do "over-sabi" and "eye-service"wink:
Happy Birthday to Acting first Lady

What exactly is Akeredolu picking quarrels with, in that post?

- Someone else, apart from his wife, is referred to as First Lady?
- The lady in question will become First Lady, sometime in the future (by implication, her husband will become Governor/President)?
- The Governor will marry the "married wife of the deputy Governor", sometime in the future?

all these are mere conjectures and for the Governor to wield the sledgehammer over this, shows that he is of bad temperament, lack good judgement and not a man of his own.

Maybe, like the case of former Governor Ambode, whose wife instigated him into abusing the Clergy of the state house at Alausa, this Governor is also being manipulated by his wife, to act rashly but l expect that if he has sense, he would have known that such Men who lack control over their wives, always end is in being disgraced.

Normal thing would have been to call the Aide, to come and explain his Facebook post and from his explanation, you can determine his state of mond and thought.
Even if it was unbecoming, you can warn him sternly, suspend him without pay for three months and ask him to publicly apologise while withdrawing his post on facebook.

But to be behaving like you are a Tin-god of some sort........ go and ask "Peter the Rock" Fayose, when he started crying like a baby, "I am in Sifia Pains". grin grin undecided

BTW: I hope we all learn from this, that Social media is a very dangerous tool, if not handled with care

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by PureGoldh(m): 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
Excuzeme:

Let us examin what the man wrote (we all know all these Aides like to do "over-sabi" and "eye-service"wink:

- The lady in question will become First Lady, sometime in the future (by implication, her husband will become Governor/President)?
- The Governor will marry the "married wife of the deputy Governor", sometime in the future?

all these are mere conjectures and for the Governor to wield the sledgehammer over this, shows that he is of bad temperament, lack good judgement and not a man of his own.

Maybe, like the case of former Governor Ambode, whose wife instigated him into abusing the Clergy of the state house at Alausa, this Governor is also being manipulated by his wife, to act rashly but l expect that if he has sense, he would have known that such Men who lack control over their wives, always end is in being disgraced.

Normal thing would have been to call the Aide, to come and explain his Facebook post and from his explanation, you can determine his state of mond and thought.
Even if it was unbecoming, you can warn him sternly, suspend him without pay for three months and ask him to publicly apologise while withdrawing his post on facebook.

But to be behaving like you are a Tin-god of some sort........ go and ask "Peter the Rock" Fayose, when he started crying like a baby, "I am in Sifia Pains". grin grin undecided

BTW: I hope we all learn from this, that Social media is a very dangerous tool, if not handled with care

I doff my cap for you sir... You have got an awesome point there... You deserve to be followed asap smiley
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
-
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
PureGoldh:
The man made mistake sha "Wrong use of grammar " but the Governor went too far....he should have tempered justice with mercy.

In dx life we should always mind what we say or type on social media as it mind tend to bring good or bad fortune to us if care is not taken.

Meanwhile my people.. If you need Pure Natural Original Honey...

No d governor didn't go too far.

"Acting first lady" insinuates that d Governor is having an affair with his deputy's wife.

The man was rash with his choice of grammer and he deserved what he got.

That so called "mistake" can easily feed d media and result in unnecessary controversies if not addressed.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
-
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by temitopealabi: 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
Apply wisdom my people. [url]Afriex.co[/url]
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
johnstone100:
it can be contested in court because my own understanding of "acting first lady" is a way of praising the lady as the second in line of succession. It just doesn't warrant termination.

Nigeria's constitution doesn't even recognize d office of a "First lady" much less an "Acting first lady" bro. grin

I think d issue could best be addressed on a moral ground and that's what I believed d governor did.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by maasoap(m): 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
Wickedtruths:
Good.

All these overzealous aides can put others in trouble. That's what they did to GEJ.

Thank you. Not many people realised or agreed that Jonathan's aides did more harm than good to him. Too many attack dogs surrounded Jonathan till the very end
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
-
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by maasoap(m): 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
Excuzeme:

Maybe, like the case of former Governor Ambode, whose wife instigated him into abusing the Clergy of the state house at Alausa, this Governor is also being manipulated by his wife, to act rashly but l expect that if he has sense, he would have known that such Men who lack control over their wives, always end is in being disgraced

The two cases are not similar in any way. Any man would think twice before acting in the case of Ambode. But in this case, even myself don't need to wait for my wife's reaction because the aide's post directly indicted the governor but not his wife. It was more about the gov himself than his wife. So, I don't see his wife manipulating him here.

Not saying the punishment wasn't too much either but the governor had given enough reason for his swift action.
and it underscores the need to instil sanity and nip in the bud, divisive acts and tendencies inimical to the existing cordiality and cohesion in the administration led by the governor.”
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by DeOTR: 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
maasoap:

The two cases are not similar in any way. Any man would think twice before acting in the case of Ambode. But in this case, even myself don't need to wait for my wife's reaction because the aide's post directly indicted the governor but not his wife. It was more about the gov himself than his wife. So, I don't see his wife manipulating him here.

Not saying the punishment wasn't too much either but the governor had given enough reason for his swift action.
I don't think the man means any disrespect to the Governor since he has been out of Nigeria for weeks. He's probably seeing the Deputy Governor in the light of the Acting Governor, hence calling his wife the Acting First Lady.
Termination of his appointment, to me, is a little too harsh.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Treasure17(m): 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
Inability to think deep and preview your statement before pressing the submit button has cost you your job. Very unprofessional.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by baby124: 12:16am On Oct 08, 2019
bigboluet:
Aketi is on leave and his deputy is now the Acting Governor.

So what is wrong?
Oh. So this makes sense. If this is the case then the guy was not out of order. Na over eye service jare. But he was not wrong neither did he mean any harm.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Fortune109: 1:10am On Oct 08, 2019
Richkid97:

Lol

My dear, someone who cannot think straight shouldn't be part of the government deciding the faith of millions of people in a state

Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by baby124: 1:26am On Oct 08, 2019
theomoscoboy:
Press Statement

Re-Why Akeredolu Sacked Political Aide

The Oluwarotimi Akeredolu government strives on the principle of free speech including media reports however warped. However, it is pertinent to put the records straight in respect of the subject matter as dissected in a media report.

Agreeing that interpretations are allowed in reportage, it has yet become a norm in media practice that insinuations and outright make-ups take the centre stage.

This report is totally untrue. For one, linking the sack of the Special Assistant ( described as Senior Special Assistant in the report) to whatever post he had authored on the social media can only be the product of self-help. The second paragraph of the statement which relieved the said official is unambiguous. For emphasis, it reads thus:

''This directive is with immediate effect; and it underscores the need to instill sanity and nip in the bud, divisive acts and tendencies inimical to the existing cordiality and cohesion in the administration led by the Governor.''

For the records, the First Lady did not travel out with the Governor. She has not left the shores of this country in the last three weeks. Just seventy two hours ago (Saturday precisely), she was at Ibadan to lead the walk against cancer which attracted the best of desirable publicity.

It is, therefore, preposterous for anyone to insinuate that both the governor and the wife transmitted a letter to the State Assembly before embarking on a trip. Such is alien to our constitution.

Ojo Oyewamide
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor
(Media and Publicity)

October 7, 2019
First Lady is not an elective post. So what letter is she sending to the National Assembly? If the Governor is on leave and the deputy is acting then his wife is also acting First Lady. Anyone on that seat, husband or wife becomes First Lady or man.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by LordPherule(m): 1:29am On Oct 08, 2019
"Lai ti ku"
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Larrykaysail(m): 2:56am On Oct 08, 2019
Oma307:
I don't get the message
1, maybe the Governor is eating the deputy's wife ..

Or

2, maybe the deputy is working towards being the governor.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by TheSmoothTalker(m): 5:54am On Oct 08, 2019
I weak sha grin grin

Nairalanders, Please come through for me�

I need at least 2k likes on this IG post to get a paid internship that’ll help boost my career.
Please click the link below & like the post. It only takes a few seconds.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ToQApFJGe/?igshid=s58ykuq01u4k

Kindly Share
Love & light always ❤
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by toprealman: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2019
His post simply means that Akerodolu's wife is inactive
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Cantonese: 6:59am On Oct 08, 2019
kayusely70:
Youre not God

Infact you are an acting Muntula for not understanding the gravity of what the stupid PA did.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 08, 2019
Larrykaysail:
1, maybe the Governor is eating the deputy's wife ..

Or

2, maybe the deputy is working towards being the governor.
lol

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by bluebay(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2019
How can you call the Wife of a deputy governor an a Active First Lady? It gives so many wrong meaning .
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Roysnickz: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2019
Femijohn198:
the problem with Nigeria and our top politicians we value title and pride of seeking power.that word the gentle man type mean nothing to me.
Same way it might meant nothing to the Governor as an individual. But here, the Governor could be concerned about the public interpretation and perception; hence it political implication. Don't just rush in comparing a public life to your normal individual life.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by gbengalotgrand: 7:30am On Oct 08, 2019
NnadyAutos:
Acting first lady, means the Governor is being suspected of having secret affairs with the wife of the deputy governor. Acting first lady means acting wife of the Governor,hence the provocation leading to the sack of the special assistant.but the governor should have forgiven him with a strict warning.

Akeredolu travel out of the country, so he made the debuty gov acting governor, special adviser wished debuty gov wife happy birthday nd addressed her as acting 1st lady since her husband his the the acting gov
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by obaobakinging: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2019
why deputy govnor wife sef go dress like tomato seller, all these ondo people sef.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by Egypt209: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2019
There's something going on between Pelemo and that lady.
Re: Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' by kayusely70(m): 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
Cantonese:

Infact you are an acting Muntula for not understanding the gravity of what the stupid PA did.
The fact remains that the governor doesnt like his deputy, heTN visited the hatred on the hapless SA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Camp Welcomes Defeat In Adamawa, Congratulates Governor Fintiri Of PDP / Peter Obi And Ahmed Datti Paid Condolence To The Family Of Chief Raymond Dokpesi / Edo 2020: Obaseki Loses As Appeal Court Tells Him He Has A Case To Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.