Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled (30107 Views)

Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' / Isaac Success Arrested In UK Hotel After Sex Orgy With 4 Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by cheapgoals(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
Former Nigerian and Flying Eagles Captain, Isaac Promise was pronounced dead by the management of Austin Bold, the club he was playing for before his Death.

The cause of the 31-year old’s death was however unrevealed remains a shocking one as the player was on the team’s bench for the team’s US championship victory last Saturday.

Isaac Promise started his national team career with the 2003 Golden Eaglets squad to the FIFA U17 World Cup in Finland but he became more prominent with the 2005 Flying Eagles set to the FIFA U20 World Cup in the Netherlands where he captained the side that had the likes of John Obi Mikel, Taye Taiwo, Ogbuke Obasi to the final of the competition where they finished second behind a Messi led Argentina.

Subsequently, while the trio had respectable career with the senior national team especially Mikel Obi, Isaac Promise failed to make more than three appearances for the Super Eagles.

However, he managed silver medals at the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2005 and the Beijing Olympics in 2008. His leadership skills on the field of play rather than his goal-scoring abilities were the major reasons why Nigerians looked forward to him playing in the super Eagles for long and maybe grow into a mature role of a striker and leader on the field of play but sadly this was never meant to be.

Meanwhile, he had more or less, a journeyman type of career playing majority of his club football in Turkey in the Turkish league from 2005 till 2017, he played for 7 Turkish clubs most notably in Genclerbirligi where had his highest Tally of 29 goals in 93 appearances in 3 years.

He also featured for the likes of Trabzonspor, Manisaspor, Antalyaspor, Balikesirspor, Karabukspor, Al Ahli, Georgia Revolution and Austin Bold.

His total tally of 80 goals in just over 340 appearances is a pointer to the fact that much more could have been achieved by the Zarian born player if things were done a bit differently.

Taye Taiwo, Mikel Obi, Obasi Ogbuke, Onyekachi Apam, Dele Adeleye, Sani Keita all had a reasonable time with the Super Eagles at one point or the other, Isaac on the other hand was like Olubayo Adefemi who died in Greece in 2011, left with many potentials unrealised and many Promises unfulfilled

May his soul rest in peace and may God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Source: https://cheapgoals.com/isaac-the-promise-that-was-never-fulfilled/

18 Likes

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Richdad50(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
shocked

He lived his time, life, and purpose. You don't judge a man's fulfillment by the number of years lived but by the effectiveness of every of his given opportunity. He played the game, we loved him with the ball, and he left an impression in our hearts. He has lived.

Richdad

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by hassank2000: 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2019

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by PureGoldh(m): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
May He find FavOur in God's sight and may God grant him eternal rest

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by MountainView: 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
I have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by clems88(m): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
sad
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
shocked I honestly thought it was Isaac in the Bible angry

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by momodub: 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ok nice
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
Rip to the dead God will surely reward you well in heaven

2 Likes

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by extremelygolden: 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
RIP

1 Like

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by seeker121(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
Quite painful

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by TwoBottles: 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Abalado(f): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
God's time is the best, I believe God knows much than we human, who are wet question God, same way I lost my immediate senior sister in the 28th of April 2015 same day my junior sister was doing her own introduction too, u can see we can't question or query God now.... May their soul rest in peace....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by ppreye(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
I vividly remember him at the WYC 05.
May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by pedroiyke: 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Rest in peace Dude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Rip Man, God knows best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Sultty(m): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2019
May his gentle soul rest peacefully
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Valwezzy: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2019
Too bad!

May his soul continue to rest in God's bossom!
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by ednut1(m): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
This article makes zero sense

2 Likes

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Maldini212(m): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
Dude slayed so many fresh. Pu**ies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Skmoda360(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

He lived his time, life, and purpose. You don't judge a man's fulfillment of purpose by the number of years lived but by the effectiveness of every given opportunity. He played the game, we loved him with the ball, and he left an impression in our hearts.

Richdad
You are now Richdad50....stop this now grin grin

1 Like

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Y
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by RexTramadol1: 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
I liked the guy then

A gentleman
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by veraiyke(m): 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
That the club gave no cause of death is worth investigating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by McAausim: 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
cry

I Remembered the day I watched his match in Zaria... He was full of loves...

Rip.... cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by KingsCity: 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
Rip Isaac

You showed so much promise both in Finland in 2003 and in Holland in 2005
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
So sad may his soul Rest and his family receive comfort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by hefelove(m): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2019
And no news from NFF yet
Re: Isaac: The Promise That Was Never Fulfilled by OkCornel(m): 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

He lived his time, life, and purpose. You don't judge a man's fulfillment by the number of years lived but by the effectiveness of every of his given opportunity. He played the game, we loved him with the ball, and he left an impression in our hearts. He has lived.

Richdad

True and golden words bro.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Should Learn From Ola Aina / Okocha Opens Up On ‘failed’ Business Venture With ‘soccer Ambassador / 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup: Meet All The Teams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.