Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer (2743 Views)

My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) / How To Successfully Understand A Used Car Dealer In A Used Car Auction! / ANYONE NEEDS TO BUY A CAR FROM COTONOU & NEEDS A CAR DEALER...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by hbrednic: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2010
ademlabi:

We went in search of the ride the next day, we saw a black one that was just great, clean in and out with a very clean and sound engine.I took more than 10 pictures of it, snapped the paper on which the VIN was written then i made deposit of 20k on it and made an agreement with the dealer to come up with the full payment 2 days max. It was the best bet and i know it might be sold if we dont make a deposit which serves as a commitment j cos i wont like it if he missed the ride.I have gotten three (3) 2002 Avalon on NL so i know exactly what i am talking about.
thank you.
obviously your client didnt authorise you to effect a deposit on this car,
i believe thats why he is pissed.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by femmy2010(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
The poster needed an 02 Avalon for N1.2m and the dealer got a rare deal that suit d poster's budget and did what the N20k was meant for,DEPOSIT SO IT WONT BE SOLD.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by ademlabi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2010
obviously your client didnt authorise you to effect a deposit on this car, i believe thats why he is pissed.

I doubt it if u read my post from A-Z on this thread, the 25k he sent to my act was for transportation nd deposit.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Tadeus(m): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ poster

I think you and ademlabi have to settle this thing amicably, Pliz edit ur thread because Ademlabi is nothing but REAL AND HONEST
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Tadeus(m): 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ poster

I think you and ademlabi have to settle this thing amicably, Pliz edit ur thread because Ademlabi is nothing but REAL AND HONEST guy
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by beecrofty(m): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
na wa o, I am really surprised to read this, This young man is someone I can vouch for simply because he has helped me to satisfy clients more than once, and he still just did recently by helping provide a 1999 Nissan Altima without inflating or stealing anyone's money. I remember the first time we had a deal, I wondered why he was not so anxious about making profit, all he was about was getting a good ride as per my request, damn, I wonder why someone would say this hardworking young man tricked him out of getting a mere 20k, I just feel there is more to this crap than meets the eye. Adelambi, no mind detractors, even mighty men like Inspired and Viper has had their share of this nld celebrity mishap, this just shows you have joined the A-list on Nld.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by owenaze: 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2010
Sorry guys,

I travelled and had no internet access where I was.

ALABI4GOOD,

I sincerely apologise for that mistake. I thought this was the same guy using another name because I had seen a post that Ademlabi advertised with that name. You must be a good friend of his then. Ademlabi was not good to me I must tell you.

Ademlabi,

Where were you exactly when you told my representative to meet YOU at Badagry?
Why are you now denying the fact that you never made any deposit?
Why did you refuse to send the carfax report of the Avalon? Because the car was a lemon! I got to find out through my brother.
Why did you tell me you were going to pay back when you returned to Lagos?
Why did you stop answering my calls?

NLs, is this how to do business?

The truth is, you just wanted to get away with this one. You can keep the money I have already gotten a good car from a good dealer I still haven't met.

As far as I am concerned, you are not a man of integrity.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by owenaze: 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2010
Ademlabi,

You know very well how long this issue lingered. If you were even calling to explain things, this would have been a thing of the past.

Anyways, I am not interested in the money. You simply were unprofessional in your dealings with me and that created a lot of doubts. What you didn't know was that my brother found out from your supposed car seller that no deposit had been made on the car. Also, if there was a deposit on the car, why was your boy taking my brother around in search of better Avalon cars? You lied to me and my brother that YOU were waiting at Badagry that morning.

You may have sold countless number of cars, but it only takes ONE bad impression to tarnish such reputation.

Fellow Nairalanders, you are free to do business with this guy. I just didn't have it good with him. All the same, the car I got from INSPIRED should lay this matter to rest. I am happy that I got what I wanted.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Busybody2(f): 2:25am On Nov 14, 2010
The accused was online after this thread went live yet took two days to respond, so why oh why do people always expect OP's/Prosecutors to post straightaway and immediately after they (the accused) respond, pssssffft undecided undecided undecided

And why are peeps always railroading people to go offline when they have a gripe that needs airing undecided No one raises any eyebrows when giddy self-aggrandizing threads about satisfied and delirious customers and their encounters with Dealers, with golden halo floating on their head with their feet not touching the ground, and how they kissed their skanky feet and washed it with their hair and their last jar of olive oil, and how the Dealers spoke clearly without their lips moving and walked on water etcetera etcetera etcetera, so why can't aggrieved customers get their own day in NL Court too undecided undecided undecided
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by GeorgeD1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2010
looks like owenaze has gone the inspired way too!
glad to know your onboard! smiley
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by owenaze: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2010
@ George_D

Yea man!! The Inspired Way, is the way to go. Pricing could be slightyly higher than Cotonou dealers, BUT it is worth every buck!!

I know you are COOL with your highlander. Good buy.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by GeorgeD1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2010
owenaze,
my brother, once your inspired, you remain inspired. the pricing could be better though.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by newman10(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2011
Cotonou dealers needs to up their game o.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 08, 2011
newman10:

And you chose to revive this thread, just to state that?
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Busybody2(f): 7:44pm On May 08, 2011
Gosh undecided undecided Anyway lemme just zip it for now lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by larryshow4(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2011
newman10:

when you deposit for cars in lagos and don't come back on agreed date, do they pay you back? humm, i don't if you have ideal about that. Anyway in cotonou, its clearly stated even in receipt given to you that deposits are not refundable. So if you are certain about picking up a car, you have to be 100% sure, else, just try and make up your mind if it takes you still going round to compare options.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by chelseabmw(m): 10:42pm On May 08, 2011
OMG. . . . .Just saw this thread now. . . .
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by femmy2010(m): 11:09pm On May 08, 2011
Thought this thread was dead?
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Osama10(m): 12:36am On May 09, 2011
Hmmmmmn. lipsrsealed
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by chelseabmw(m): 4:57am On May 09, 2011
femmy2010:

Thought this thread was dead?

even me too
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by GeorgeD1(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2011
is alabi still dishonest? i'm sure he must have learned his lesson by now.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by ademlabi(m): 7:24pm On May 13, 2011
is alabi still dishonest? i'm sure he must have learned his lesson by now.

Learn my lesson in what sense Goerge_D? that i made a deposit to with hold a car till the buyer comes for inspection? I guess i have made myself clear enough that i did not swindle Mr Owaneze^s money.

This thread was dead now it has surfaced , the impression this thread will be giving potential clients is that i am dishonest that i swindle Mr Owaneze s 20k naira when i did not.It is SO dis-heartening to see my name been painted black and blue when i have simply done the right thing.The only mistake i made was that i should not have let his brother come around when i knew that i would not be around but i already made solid arrangement with my co-dealer to go with him but i never knew things would turn around this way.This is the lesson i have learnt.

Come to think of it this is not the first time a client has sent money to my account, some customers have sent huge sum of money to my account to get cars for them which i did.A client sent 3.4m naira,I bought his car and delivered it to him in PH, another one sent close to a million naira,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461092.0.html

in this case i paid the complete payment and deliver his ride too and some other cases like that.  I dont have much to say to this again.Any money is to big to loose but i did NOT swindle his money.PERIOD.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by GeorgeD1(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2011
ademlabi,
i'm sorry to get you started. didn't realise you were the one involved here.

but how come you go by two usernames on nairaland? which one of them do
we really take as your true username? alabi4good? ademlabi?
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by babslepe: 3:26pm On May 14, 2011
well mr nosa sorry about all this but i am happy you brought this topic up most of the cotonou dealers are dishonest they never tell you the full details they are never straight forward .So cotonou dealers this is a challenge to you people try to be more open when you are dealing with customers not bringing suprises after the customer has paid .Make sure you have detailed analysis of the cost and price that would get the cars to their final destinations and try to take accurate orders from your customer also deliver on agreed dates cause my vehicle used more than two weeks on the road before i finally got it and for buyers when you are buying a car from cotonou dont expect to meet an extremely neat car you are buying a used vehicle so you must do one or two things dont compare with the ones you see in car stands here the dealers have already worked on them but cotonou is different you must buy one or two things to make the car to your taste so please cotonou dealers dont always try to maximise profit learn from this issue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Volvo Jeeps! 2010 XC90 (registered) For Sale At Giveaway Price! / Perfect 2013/2014 Mercedes Benz 4matic Ml350. Price drop / Toyota Corolla 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.