Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach (3873 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by shadrach77: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2010
Amunike for NFF job
| Print | E-mail
Written by
Friday, 05 November 2010

FORMER international, Emmanuel Amunike is poised to be picked as one of the assistant coaches of the Super Eagles as more members of Nigeria’s ‘golden generation’ of the 90s are re-integrated into the country’s football establishment.

MTNFootball.com has specially gathered that Spain-trained coach Amunike is favoured to be the third coach of the Super Eagles as Samson Siasia will be allowed to pick his own number two man.

Amunike, two-goal hero when Nigeria defeated Zambia to win the 1994 Nations Cup in Tunisia, has already tried his hands in the domestic league with his former club Julius Berger and Ocean Boys.

“Amunike is strongly backed to be the assistant coach of the Eagles who will be appointed by the Nigeria football Federation (NFF),” a top official told MTNFootball.com.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/sports/13180-amunike-for-nff-job
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2010
For God's sake, how many assistant coach does he need? undecided
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by naso2(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2010
honeric01:

You don start to dey show your bad belle abi? The report is still a mere speculation , besides it says "second assistant" meaning after kaila.

Lagerback had eguavon, and amokachi, aside the swedish assistants he came with.

Amodu had a goalkeeper trainer, Amokachi and Fatai amao as assistants, you want more . . . .? tongue
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by 9icest: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
It keeps getting better. At least if GEJ could be as passionate about fixing other problems of the country has he has displayed over our national football.
We need guys like Siasia and Amunike in CBN, running PHCN, NPF, FERMA, etc.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by oismail(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2010
If Amunike sees he can work with SIA1 is not enough for him to be appointed to assist expect if Siasia confirms he can work with him. You siasia for his word, what ever he want he says it and what ever he doesn't want, he says it as well, so allw siasia to appoint his assistant(s) for himself.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by kaz4sure: 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
why he no go want assist broda vsiasia, N3m no bi small money oooooooo, abeg Mr sissis im available too
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2010
na_so:

You don start to dey show your bad belle abi? The report is still a mere speculation , besides it says "second assistant" meaning after kaila.

Lagerback had eguavon, and amokachi, aside the swedish assistants he came with.

Amodu had a goalkeeper trainer, Amokachi and Fatai amao as assistants, you want more . . . .? tongue

I asked a question, how does that automatically translate to badbelleing? undecided

The assistant coach i needed to know isn't a goalkeeper trainer or all that, i was incline to know which other assistant coach they are trying to get him when he can as well choose whoever he wants on his team, get it? undecided
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by Ranoscky(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2010
Whatever !!!
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by HamidO1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
I've really been hoping that Siasia gets the job of the Super Eagles someday, thank God the day has come. I hope and pray he makes the right choice in the selection of an assistant.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by fASHCEO(m): 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2010
Though i really rate Amunike highly, i think Siasia should have been allowed to pick all of his assistants. This to me isn't professional enough from the NFF who seem to be clueless and only doing what the fans want.

For phones, computers, ipods & other electronics, Check out Sales-Inland with the link below;
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by illusion2: 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
As always . . this will be an interim appointment. Once the world cup comes around the mafia in the NFA will look for a foreigner they can pay $5m in 3 months so they can get their share.

Nothing changes in Nigeria,please ask Amodu Shuaibu.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by rasputinn(m): 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2010
Abeg,Amuneke is not qualified to assist Siaone joor
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2010
rasputinn:

Abeg, Amuneke is not qualified to assist Siaone joor
Are you "effing" kidding me? He has a UEFA "A" license, the 2nd highest coaching qualification in Europe and has valuable coaching experience with Julius Berger and Ocean Boys in the domestic league and he's not qualified to ASSIST Siasia in your opinion? shocked
Jesu Kristi!

^^Shakes his head in exasperation and leaves the thread. . . .
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by vislabraye(m): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2010
They played together so they have a good rapport. I don't think Siasia would have any problem working with him; besides that Amunike has no history of indiscipline.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by marcus1234: 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2010
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by Guylan(m): 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
Wishing him the best of luck smiley
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by Ibomade1: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
Fingers crossed
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
i wish them luck
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by Intrepid1(m): 12:02am On Nov 06, 2010
Good appointment. I'm backing Siasia to knock some sense into the Eagles and return them to winning ways!
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by supereagle(m): 4:29am On Nov 06, 2010
honeric01:

I did not expect this from you. Baba Onigbinde went to W/C 2002 with 5 assistants . Siasia will always prefer to work with Kalika . NFF will equally appoint their own too.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by Rastamann: 5:45am On Nov 06, 2010
Too much distraction, Sia 1 just watch it.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2010
One of the terms of the agreement Siasia has with the NFF is that he'd have 3 assistants but he'll be allowed to pick the 1st assistant while the NFF will pick the other two.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/18646/samson-siasia-to-earn-n5m-pick-assistant.php

So it's not out of place for the NFF to choose Emmanuel Ammuneke to assist him.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2010
supereagle:

I did not expect this from you. Baba Onigbinde went to W/C 2002 with 5 assistants . Siasia will always prefer to work with Kalika . NFF will equally appoint their own too.

Wetin u no expect from me? because Onigbinde went with 100 assistance, so Siasia too should go with 200 assistance? i mean can't he be ALLOWED to pick whoever he wants to work with him? they should not overcrowd the coaching position abeg, he's the head coach, he should have the right to handpick all the people who wants for himself.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2010
rasputinn:

Abeg,Amuneke is not qualified to assist Siaone joor
Do you know that he has the same coaching qualification that Pep Guadiola has? but my concern is that he should be allowed to pick how many people he wants on his train.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by Abayomin70(m): 10:52am On Nov 06, 2010
mak dem liv siasia to pik who eva him want to be is assistance am suspetin nff For somtin bliv me guys
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by almoner(m): 11:08am On Nov 06, 2010
Let's just wish them well. They 've a big task ahead
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by namdo(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2010
i think Amunike is also a cool headed man and will work well with siasia. They sure need to build a young strong team, that's the way forward. I wish them all the good results in their reign as coaches of SE.
Re: Amunike Set To Assist Siasia As Eagles Coach by GBT(m): 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2010
I don't think Siasia would have accepted Amunike if he was not satisfied with the personality.

Don't forget he kicked against having to partner with Keshi

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya / Bet9ja Sure Winning Code For Thursday February 16/2/2017 / Sir Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewing Gum Sold For N94 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.