Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats (315 Views)

Kiki Mordi Accused Of Threatening Seyitan, D’banj’s Rape Accuser / Family Of Uwaila Umozuwa Receives Death Threats / Donald Mordi Declared Wanted For Murder In South Africa. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats by doris00: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2019
The news of how the BBC exposed the culture of sex-for-grades popular in some African universities in Africa.

The 13-minute documentary which targeted a university in Ghana and the prestigious University of Lagos, brought to light the ill practices. Following this, the journalist behind the documentary, Kiki Mordi, has revealed that she has been receiving threats since the documentary went viral on the internet. She revealed this in a recent interview with Sahara Reporters.

Mordi who was inspired by her personal experience in university which saw her had to dropping out of school due to being harassed by a lecturer, revealed that the threats don't move her and she is happy with the changes that are beginning to occur.

In her words: “I have received subtle threats since this work was completed but I am not bothered because the BBC takes the security of employees seriously. Before embarking on this project, the team prayed a lot and also sang because it helped to calm the nerves. But I had to go through the trainings I received over and over again because I wanted to get it right. The biggest goal of this work was to be louder than the aggressor because sexual harassment is very loud. I wanted it to be silenced.

I am happy that a lot is changing already since the documentary was release and I can confirm to you that one of the lecturers at the University of Lagos caught sexually harassing a prospective student has been dismissed by the institution. I believe it doesn’t stop there until there is a conviction. We have to break that culture of impunity.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/sex-grades-kiki-mordi-begins-receiving-threats/

Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats by PureGoldh(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2019
Dx "Sex for grades" issue is blowing real hot... Well... It's Good sha cos na When Breeze Blow Fowl Yash Go Open.
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats by doris00: 9:36am On Oct 08, 2019
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats by paiz: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2019
undecided[quote][/quote]
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats by odogwu190(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2019
Why can't our female lecturers emulate from all these our male lecturers �
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats by hisgrace090: 9:47am On Oct 08, 2019
Its respected but they'll all meet their waterloo soon.
Re: Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Begins Receiving Threats by Abfinest007(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2019
threat won't cover up eir shameless act

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Policeman Kills His Wife Then Commits Suicide In Lagos Barracks / Arrest ‘yahoo’ Boys, But Don’t Harass Innocent Citizens - Buhari Warns Police / EFCC Arrested Three Civil Servants For N6m Fraud, See The Reactions Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.