Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

"It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi (359 Views)

Plateau Attacks: Lalong Incapacitated, Can’t Order Security Agencies – APC / Buhari Directs Security Agents To Shoot Anyone Seen With AK-47 / Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Says It's Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi by Man102: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2019
"It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone Who Blocks My Convoy" - Umahi

The Ebonyi State Government under the leadership of Governor Dave Nweze Umahi, has stated that it is now privy of an online publication report titled: ‘Umahi to Ebonyians: Block my convoy again, get killed’, which was filed and credited to Oswald Agwu of the Eagle Online, and circulating on the social media.

In a statement made available to Igbere TV on Tuesday, Mr. Francis Nwaze, the Special Assistant to the Governor, on New Media and Project Documentation, said that the title of the publication was designed to portray Governor Umahi in a bad light, over an incident where his life was in obvious danger.

The statement reads in full:

His Excellency, was approaching the State capital, Abakaliki, when he encountered a barrier set up by unknown persons, at Onicha Local Government. According to unconfirmed reports, the barrier may have been set up to curb traffic flow towards the venue of a wake keep ceremony.

His Excellency had observed the very slow response of the community, in dismantling the barricade for the Governor’s further movement. Suffice it to say that, the Governor was in the very know that such was a usual practice in Igboland.

In the long wait, miscreants approached one of the Governor’s security vehicles, and made away with a firearm to the amazement of Security Detail.

In displeasure, the Governor who was irked by the disrespect and dishonour extended to the Office of the Ebonyi State Governor, condenmed such act of brigandage and criminality, calling for the prosecution of the culprits, and with no references to the good people of Ebonyi State.

It is unfortunate that the online publication chose the title: ‘Umahi to Ebonyians: Block my convoy again, get killed’, in flagrant disregard to the essential professional codes of Journalism practice.

His Excellency, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE, will never address Ebonyi people in such a language, more so, in a circumstance of misconduct creditable to a few disgruntled criminals within a community.

The Ebonyi State Government urges the Editorial Board of the online publication, to uphold the highest standards in the filing of reports prior to circulation in the social media.

The Ebonyi State Government and the Office of the Governor, has been inundated with calls for the contextual clarification of the online report, and ceases this opportunity to assure the good people of Ebonyi State, that the Governor was simply worried that ordinary law abiding citizens may be in more danger, if an elected Governor was subjected to the inhuman treatment from some criminal youths.

His Excellency, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, further reiterates his call to Security Agencies, to apprehend all those who were involved in the forceful withdrawal of firearms belonging to security details attached to the Governor, for onward prosecution.

Furthermore, the Ebonyi State Government wishes to emphasise that in line with extant regulations, the Executive Governor is protected by the Nigerian State, and attacks or threat to the safety and security of life of the Governor, will be resisted by members of Security Agencies deployed to ensure his safety.

Note must be made that the entire Security Detail of an elected Governor, is controlled by the Aide de Camp, who may discretionally apply brute force or otherwise, at the face of threat to life of the Governor. This is applicable to all elected Governors of States in Nigeria.

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1051986/fake-news-didnt-order-security-agents-shoot-anyone-blocks-convoy-umahi/

Re: "It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi by Simplyleo: 11:14am On Oct 08, 2019
Omenka said it this morning. Nothing as such ever transpired.

It is just one of those lies spread by ipob pigs. They want to build their utopia republic on lies.

omenka:
I doubt Imahi uttered those words. I think Igberetv is relapsing back to their horrible era of lies and propaganda.

Why have they been targetting this man who appears to be the best performing governor in the region at the moment?

What exactly has Umahi done wrong? Are they trying to ostracize him like they did Okorocha? How could a governor say these words?

I DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi by AkpaAmu9: 11:17am On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:
Omenka said it this morning. Nothing as such ever transpired.

It is just one of those lies spread by ipob pigs. They want to build their utopia republic on lies.
[/s]
shatap

2 Likes

Re: "It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi by Willy7(m): 11:29am On Oct 08, 2019
Better. Even though I know Nigerian policians to lie and retract what they said or did, it's better he retracts it now before it destroys every goodwill he has among sane Nigerians that are observing the political terrain. I believe he said it, but maybe in anger. Let's forgive him and move on. Umahi maybe an ass licker but he is using it well for the betterment of his people. Some say he is doing it to position himself for 2023,for me it's a win-win for the people of Ebonyi. In fact I'll like every governor in every state to compete on infrastructural developments, so that we choose the best performing governor among them to be president of the Nation or what do you people think?
Re: "It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi by simonlee(m): 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
Shameless liars! undecided
believe politicians at your own peril. ever since Umahi started romancing Buhari, the lying syndrome has infected him
Re: "It's Fake News, I Didn't Order Security Agents To Shoot Anyone" - Gov. Umahi by omenka(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2019
I knew it was FAKE NEWS. sad

(1) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila Reacts To #sexforgrades Documentary / Buhari, Stay At Your Duty Post (spend 404 Of 4years Outside The Country) / Buhari Promotes Aide, Hajo Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.