Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Samuel Eto'o Says He Loves Pep Guardiola As Coach And Not A Person - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Eto'o Says He Loves Pep Guardiola As Coach And Not A Person (397 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Samuel Eto'o Fils Physically Attacks Algerian Youtuber In Qatar (video) / Samuel Eto'o Is New Cameroon Football Federation President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o Says He Loves Pep Guardiola As Coach And Not A Person by Ify05: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
Former Barcelona and Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o has explained that he loves Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola for the work he does and not his personality.

The retired Cameroonian footballer worked under Pep Guardiola at Spanish giants Barcelona before he joined Inter Milan in 2009.

Eto'o has however praised the Spaniard for his superb coaching style claiming that he learnt to play football under Pep Guardiola.

"I love him as a coach, but not as a person. I learned to play football with him. He interprets things better than anyone.

"He's the best, but of course he loses matches,'' Samuel Eto'o explained according to the news on Marca.
Samuel Eto'o who won the African Cup of Nations two-times also spoke about Jose Mourinho under whom he worked at Inter Milan winning all major trophies.
"He left me a month on the bench for a month and made me warm up in injury time.
"In his head, he was pricking me to make me his own player. I talked to him in his office. It was what he wanted from me, to get back to my best level,'' Samuel Eto'o explained.
The 38-year-old also praised Luis Aragones who was his former coach at Real Mallorca claiming that the Spaniard changed his life.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/samuel-etoo-says-loves-pep-guardiola-coach-not-person/

(1) (Reply)

Watford Vs Chelsea: Lampard Reveals Why He Is Not Playing Giroud / Barcelona Vs Celta Vilgo (4-1) full time / Chelsea Coach Zola Makes Huge Claim As Blues Looking To Wrap Up Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.