Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

"Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus (760 Views)

Why Do Jesus Followers Get Offended When Told Jesus Had A Wife And Kids, But Are / What Do Jesus Mean By "No One Comes To The Father Except THROUGH Me." / Assurance? Really? Father Forgive Them For They Know Not What They Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2019
Luke 23:34 (KJV)

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Jesus the Lord and Master, leading by the example of His Words.

Related thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/5459248/once-jesus-spoke-twice-heard
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
More than 24hrs and no single comment. . Eya all you religion section people come and comment now,please, he needs this attention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Martinez39(m): 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
jesusjnr:

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Jesus the Lord and Master, leading by the example of His Words.

Related thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/5459248/once-jesus-spoke-twice-heard

The people Jesus prayed for on that occasion were His enemies who had persecuted, mocked, slapped, humiliated and spat on Him amongst other evil things they had done to Him. And they were also the ones who put Him on that cross which He prayed that He prayed for them from.

But Jesus proved on that occasion that He was an embodiment of the Words He preached, for Jesus was well known for the emphasis He placed on forgiveness in His teachings. {Matthew 6:12, 14, 15}

So for someone who emphatically taught men that they ought to forgive those who trespassed against them, and also that they should pray for their enemies, this trying moment of His life provided the opportunity for Jesus to lead by the example of His Words.

And though He could have not been the least bothered about the fate of His enemies who perpetrated such inhuman acts upon Him, He didn't disappoint as He proved Himself true to His Words by His prayer to God to forgave His enemies their trespasses against Him.

So if Jesus who had no trespasses for God to forgive could yet forgive those who trespassed against Him, we who have trespassed against God, have no excuses not to do the same.

God bless.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
If Jesus who had no sin could forgive, then we have no excuses.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2019
Father forgive them.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 13, 2019
Lay not this sin to their charge.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Leadership by example!
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Like Master, like disciple.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2019
The spirit of forgiveness.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
Do not let them die because of their ignorance or foolishness.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2019
Jesus prayed for His enemies, not against them.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus prayed for His enemies, not against them.
So do I!
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV)

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2019
Matthew 6:14-15 (KJV)

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 25, 2019
Mark 11:25 (KJV)

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
jesusjnr:
Mark 11:25 (KJV)

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Mark 11:26 (KJV)

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
Luke 6:37 (KJV)

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2019
Luke 17:3-4 (KJV)

3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
Matthew 18:21-22 (KJV)

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 02, 2019
jesusjnr:
Matthew 18:21-22 (KJV)

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Matthew 18:23-34 (KJV)

23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2019
jesusjnr:

Matthew 18:23-34 (KJV)

23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

Matthew 18:35 (KJV)

35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2019

Re: "Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do" - Jesus by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
So Jesus didn't only teach men to forgive, but He proved on the cross that He practiced what He preached.

And in His own case He didn't need forgiveness from God because He never sinned against God, so any man who doesn't forgive as Jesus had commanded would have no excuses.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Apostle Joshua Selman. / Hisbah Versus Christianity: Is Alcohol Prohibited In Christianity? / Do You Believe In Life After Death As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.