Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team (21912 Views)

THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football / Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments / Racial Abuse: Tammy Abraham Says English Players Will Walk Off If Targeted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by SmartyPants(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2019
safarigirl:

The only obvious thing is that Tammy Abraham is a foreigner, in the real essence of it, and when the time comes, he will be reminded of his true place in England. You can bandy about a piece of paper all you want, but it won't give you a place in the end.

So you know more about being British that the one who actually spent all 21 years of this life as a citizen there? After having gone to school as a Englishman, played in academies as an Englishman, played in England youth teams as an Englishman, currently playing in the Chelsea first team as an Englishman, you believe that Tammy Abraham would be oblivious to a racism that you as a Nigerian are able to see from your thousands of miles away?

All the evidence, my friend, is entirely to the contrary.

Black foreigners in numbers are accepted and assimilated easily in British society. Take a look at their parliament! Take a look at their medical system! Take a look at the premier league sports teams!

What matters to the British is your legal status, and your competence to perform your duty. There is absolutely no evidence of this foreigner complex you speak of.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by safarigirl(f): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
SmartyPants:

So you know more about being British that the one who actually spent all 21 years of this life as a citizen there? After having gone to school as a Englishman, played in academies as an Englishman, played in England youth teams as an Englishman, currently playing in the Chelsea first team as an Englishman, you believe that Tammy Abraham would be oblivious to a racism that you as a Nigerian are able to see from your thousands of miles away?

Black foreigners in numbers are accepted and assimilated easily in British society. Take a look at their parliament! Take a look at their medical system! Take a look at the premier league sports teams!

What matters to the British is your legal status, and your competence to perform your duty. There is absolutely no evidence of this foreigner complex you speak of.
And you know this from spending many years in Britain, that is why Tammy and Sterling are still racially attacked?
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by odomanis: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
Factgist:
Sure.. Nigeria didnt invest in him, so how come they want to reap where they did not sow?

What can be more valuable than the sperm and egg invested by his Nigerian parents that produced him ?
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by TempleHouse: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
SmartyPants:

What's your evidence for that sir?
You can check the UKBA website (United Kingdom Border Agency ) for all this information pls.
I'm also a living example,to be modest, but the real truth is that English people are very sentimental about football and are passionate for white indigene adorning 3 lions shirts.
You're not a real indigene if you're not Whites, and thus the reason they worship David Beckham and Wayne Rooney as their superstar to the detriment of other Black Players like Rio Ferdinand and Patrick Cole etc.
Imagine if Kanu Nwakwo talented 11 year old son wish to play for England in the future as a black indigene born and raised in Britain.
He will be jeered and had Banana thrown at him and I'm sure Kanu Nwakwo will never approved any of his children to play for other country apart from Nigeria. .
You're a true indigene if you're White only.
That is the reality in practice.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by skukimania(f): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
setobaba:
you have chosen wisely my bro. I will deny this country called Nigeria for a piece coconut.

Foolish qouters pls beware

Lol grin. A piece of coconut is too small now.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by ZaraGift: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
hisexcellency34:
The same England people that called you ugly Monkey when you missed Penalty against Liverpool

Nigerians will call him worst than that
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by TempleHouse: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
odomanis:

What can be more valuable than the sperm and egg invested by his Nigerian parents that produced him ?
You're truly Nationalistic !
You can only be a Jewish if both of your parents are Jewish and not only your father.
That' is why you can never acquired Jewish citizenship because you don't have the Jewish gene in your spermicide.
Nigeria is Not British despite your British passport.
You're indigenous Nigerian wherever you are.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by ZaraGift: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
It's better to be in bench in England than to be in 1st eleven in Nigeria
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Bonapart(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2019
Crofton:

Don't mind our people, when the guy was struggling to find form and stability, we didn't even call him to play in a friendly or any youth match.
Now that he has scored 7 goals in 8 games, we are running after him like flies .

Rubbish, I never expected him to choose Nigeria.
they called him.
Pinnick went there himself even before he was loaned to Aston villa. Dude always wanted England
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Alezy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nigeria don't need Abraham. Na fikayo own dey pain me chaii
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by SmartyPants(m): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
TempleHouse:

[b]You can check the UKBA website (United Kingdom Border Agency ) for all this information pls.
[/b]I'm also a living example,to be modest, but the real truth is that English people are very sentimental about football and are passionate for white indigene adorning 3 lions shirts.
You're not a real indigene if you're not Whites, and thus the reason they worship David Beckham and Wayne Rooney as their superstar to the detriment of other Black Players like Rio Ferdinand and Patrick Cole etc.
Imagine if Kanu Nwakwo talented 11 year old son wish to play for England in the future as a black indigene born and raised in Britain.
He will be jeered and had Banana thrown at him and I'm sure Kanu Nwakwo will never approved any of his children to play for other country apart from Nigeria. .
You're a true indigene if you're White only.
That is the reality in practice.

@ bolded that's not what I asked! I simply asked you for evidence that what you call a foreigner will never be accepted as an indigene even after attaining citizenship. Please, where is the evidence? Can you cite any examples of people this has happened to before? Very i

You are simply speculating! If Kanu Nwankwo's son wants to play they will thro bananas at him....based on what? When have English fans ever thrown bananas at their own players??

Did they throw Bananas at Dele Alli? Did they not idolize him?

What do you mean by they idolized Wayne Rooney and David Beckham to the detriment of Rio Ferdinand and Patrick Cole? Who is Patrick Cole in the first place? If you don't know Ashley Cole, then you seem not to be well informed!

And is it not normal to idolize attackers over defenders? Were Ashley Cole and Rio Ferdinand not given the same hype that John Terry and Gary Neville were? Maybe Rio Ferdinand was even given the greatest hype of all, as at the time Man Utd paid 30 million pound for him, that was the world record fee for a defender!
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Tokziby: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
tonyimadu:
there is an equally long list of players nigeria used and dumped. Please make some research.
Wilson Oruma
James Obiora
Sunday MBA
And it goes on and on

When I say use and dump. I meant they will earn few caps and once they drop in form that's the end of their international career cos they've got a lot of players waiting in the wings.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Simplecity(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
Who in his right senses will pick Nigeria over England
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by SmartyPants(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
safarigirl:

And you know this from spending many years in Britain, that is why Tammy and Sterling are still racially attacked?

They are racially attacked by a very very minute portion of the population, that would not even constitute 0.001 percent of the British population, and when it does happen, the majority of society right from the FA with the kick it out campaign and stiff punishments for racists behavior, the clubs, fellow professionals, and regular people on the streets leap to their defense and support. It is in fact, even the topic of this thread! As the England team has agreed to walk out if any black player is racially abused.

How do you focus on the isolated actions of a few outliers and camp on that to make an argument, while ignoring the overwhelming mountain of evidence that British football society does not accept racism?
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by TempleHouse: 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
SmartyPants:

Far from the truth, my brother !
Some white pundits have said on live SKY TV programme that Tammy Abraham will be on the back of the queue if he choose to play for England because he will queue behind Harry Kane.
And that Tammy profile is better served in Nigeria but he has a choice to make as a "naturalised citizen"
Remember how he was booed and racially abused for missing penalty at Chelsea few weeks ago.
The same white supporters don't recognised a black player was born in Britain as long as you have a black skin.
Nwobi will flourish in Nigeria team while Tammy will be used and dump once he lost his form in English shirt.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by SmartyPants(m): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
Tokziby:

When I say use and dump. I meant they will earn few caps and once they drop in form that's the end of their international career cos they've got a lot of players waiting in the wings.

So? Is it not up to the player to maintain his form? The National team selection should always be on merit and current form except for the most exceptional players.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by SmartyPants(m): 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
TempleHouse:

Far from the truth, my brother !
Some white pundits have said on live SKY TV programme that Tammy Abraham will be on the back of the queue if he choose to play for England because he will queue behind Harry Kane.
And that Tammy profile is better served in Nigeria but he has a choice to make as a "naturalised citizen"
Remember how he was booed and racially abused for missing penalty at Chelsea few weeks ago.
The same white supporters don't recognised a black player was born in Britain as long as you have a black skin.
Nwobi will flourish in Nigeria team while Tammy will be used and dump once he lost his form in English shirt.

I have repeatedly asked you for just one thing. Evidence that white British supporters do not accept a player as long as he has black skin.

I know you must be an honorable man, and you could not have made up such a thing. you must have had your sources before you could say that. So just share your sources with me so that I can be informed too.

Im sure you would be kind enough.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by jamesfadairo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
Don't worry, that your head that is screwed on England will soon be "unscrewed off" England when you have 20 appearances in 8years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by jamesfadairo(m): 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2019
Simplecity:
Who in his right senses will pick Nigeria over England
The chance of being called up for a long time is there, the chance of winning a trophy (at least AFCON) is stronger. I'm sure Victor Moses didnt regret his decision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by maasoap(m): 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
Tokziby:
Another Gabriel Agbolahor in the making. Gbolahor was way better than Tammy yet he was used and dumped, Dele Ali is already done representing England, Late Ugo Ehiogu got the same treatment. John Fashanu still regret till date for dumping Nigeria. Ameobi changed his decision when it was too late. And host of others. The English team has never retained any player for longer period except when they are extremely good like the likes of Beckham, Lampard, Scholes, Shearer, Rooney, Lineker, neville, etc. Tammy and Fikayo will be used and dumped as usual.

Goodluck, enjoy ur short term career at the International level.

There two of them now, both are currently playing for Chelsea. Just few caps, be rest assured that they will be dropped!

Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by TempleHouse: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
SmartyPants:

@ bolded that's not what I asked! I simply asked you for evidence that what you call a foreigner will never be accepted as an indigene even after attaining citizenship. Please, where is the evidence? Can you cite any examples of people this has happened to before? Very i

You are simply speculating! If Kanu Nwankwo's son wants to play they will thro bananas at him....based on what? When have English fans ever thrown bananas at their own players??

Did they throw Bananas at Dele Alli? Did they not idolize him?

What do you mean by they idolized Wayne Rooney and David Beckham to the detriment of Rio Ferdinand and Patrick Cole? Who is Patrick Cole in the first place? If you don't know Ashley Cole, then you seem not to be well informed!

And is it not normal to idolize attackers over defenders? Were Ashley Cole and Rio Ferdinand not given the same hype that John Terry and Gary Neville were? Maybe Rio Ferdinand was even given the greatest hype of all, as at the time Man Utd paid 30 million pound for him, that was the world record fee for a defender!

It's quite obvious you don't understand and trying to prove your argument which defy logic and reality.
That you don't know that Dele Alli has been thrown Banana twice is a clear fact you're clueless about this narration.
I'm sure many people will fault your argument as you' seems ignorant to know what indigene mean to the white people by mixing all together with the record fee and irrelevant issue.
Unfortunately , you're not equipped to understand the argument and there is no need to argue with someone who is happy to remain in their state of ignorance.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Stylish6171: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
We did, i could recall back then even NFF presido.. Amaju, who happens to be Tammy's Papa friend used that influence but the boy had always stated he wanted England and not Nigeria.. its only now in public space cos he now plays for CFC first team.

majamajic:
we no go early

we for go when Chelsea dey loan him up and down

Keane go use bench wound am , English don't joke with their real natives
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
Factgist:
Sure.. Nigeria didnt invest in him, so how come they want to reap where they did not sow?

That's what thieves do
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by SmartyPants(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
TempleHouse:

It's quite obvious you don't understand and trying to prove your argument which defy logic and reality.
That you don't know that Dele Alli has been thrown Banana twice is a clear fact you're clueless about this narration.
I'm sure many people will fault your argument as you' seems ignorant to know what indigene mean to the white people by mixing all together with the record fee and irrelevant issue.
Unfortunately , you're not equipped to understand the argument and there is no need to argue with someone who is happy to remain in their state of ignorance.

LOL!
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by popefuse(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
Crofton:

Don't mind our people, when the guy was struggling to find form and stability, we didn't even call him to play in a friendly or any youth match.
Now that he has scored 7 goals in 8 games, we are running after him like flies .

Rubbish, I never expected him to choose Nigeria.
most national team goes for a player that is in best form

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
majamajic:

Keane go use bench wound am , English don't joke with their real natives

Like the way they benched Ashley Cole to the point where he became one of the most capped English player despite being a black man abi?

You guy's should stop being more catholic than the pope.

You contributed nothing to his development and all of a sudden you now know what's best for him when you have no clue of the story behind his glory?

Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2019
good one from him.. but e be like say he go regret his decision
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by TSRC: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
byrron:

That's what thieves do
What about the thousands of Nigerian doctors trained in Nigeria that are now working in England?

Who would pay the tax payers back for the resources we wasted on their education that England and America is benefiting from?
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
TSRC:

What about the thousands of Nigerian doctors trained in Nigeria that are now working in England?

Who would pay the tax payers back for the resources we wasted on their education that England and America is benefiting from?

They relocated on their own terms just like the player has also excercise his preference to play for the country where he was raised up.
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by adonis89(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
This Ijaw boy
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by majamajic(m): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
byrron:

Like the way they benched Ashley Cole to the point where he became one of the most capped English player despite being a black man abi?

You guy's should stop being more catholic than the pope.

You contributed nothing to his development and all of a sudden you now know what's best for him when you have no clue of the story behind his glory?

giving birth to u means contributing nothing ?

make use of your senses
Re: Tammy Abraham Says England Not Nigeria Has Always Been His Dream Team by Paulynez(m): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
Good for him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Vs Egypt : AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 (4 - 5) pens On 26th January 2022 / Nigeria 44th As FIFA Releases Latest World Football Rankings [Full List] / Abuja Stadium (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.