Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

6 Things That Are Better Buying Second Hand Or Used To Maintain Good Savings - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 6 Things That Are Better Buying Second Hand Or Used To Maintain Good Savings (636 Views)

What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? / How Much Of Your Salary Should Be Used To Pay Your Rent? / Hello Isheri North Gra Opic Lovers,here We Are Better+2349030188831 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things That Are Better Buying Second Hand Or Used To Maintain Good Savings by Okfiscal(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2019
The generation we are now is a global world, where almost everything is available to us on the internet, and we have multiple pampamered shoppers who buy anything they come across at a flash both the one they need and those they don’t need. Statistics have it that we no longer use items to their maximum life. We buy, throw, and replace things very fast. This way we end up wasting our hard earned money and polluting the environment. Aside that, we all know the level of economy reccession in the country now. Would it not be better to use money judiciously? Buy quality products and buy according to use. How, you ask? Try buying used or second-hand products. There is no point paying full-price when you can get the same quality and at better deals (BELGIUM USED)

Below are list of items you can buy used and maintain your savings:

1.Household Appliances for Rented Homes

I love the idea of new appliances but when you move a lot like I do, it makes no sense to spend a lot of money on them. With each move, things wear out. Few bumps and scratches are inevitable. And technology changes fast. Also, we all have this fantasy and taste of decorating our home with the lastest products. Then why waste money now? Save till you move into your own home. Microwaves, ACs, TV, Washing Machines are a few items that can easily be bought on the internet. Try jumia, konga. etc

2.Designer Products

It is no fact that designer product are very very expensive – the likes of apple laptop, iPhone,hermes product, original Gucci product. I have found out that those who really want it, buy it second-hand. What a great idea this is! Designers products are ridiculously overpriced. If someone wants to own a bag, watch, or dress, and can’t afford it on full-price, buying second-hand is a great way to fulfill your desire without burning a hole in your pocket. There are many legitimate websites that sell second-hand designer stuff and they certify it on request.

3.Plastic Toys for Children

Almost every child like toys, toys is just something children can do without. However,children grow fast and tend to change their toys, just as they grow out of clothes too. They learn and lose interest. They want a brand new toy every now and then. As we all know toys are very expensive, buying second-hand makes much more sense. Tricycles, plastic toys, Lego sets are a few that we can be bought used.

4.Textbooks, if Syllabus has Not Changed

Textbooks cost a lot. With fees and other expenses at the beginning of the school year, it’s advisable to get second-hand textbooks and handout from our seniors. In case you know someone who is a year senior to you or your child, ask them. And don’t forget to keep yours in good shape and donate them. It saves money and protects the environment too.

5.Car for New Drivers

We all know the value of car reduces by 20% the moment we take it out of the dealership store. Then why pay the high price when you are a new driver? As a new driver, few scratches here and there are a given. Personally, I would make a mistake on the road if I’m more worried about my car than following traffic rules. For new drivers, it’s good to have a second-hand car. Buy a used car from an authorized dealer. This way you pay less money and have the best quality. Do the same for two wheelers for your growing children.

6.One-time Use Items

I follow this principle – I never invest in a product that I would use once or I am not sure I would use again deal. There is a textbook I bought for my entrance examination which I never used again. something I can easily go and borrow for community library. Ask yourself – if you don’t intend to use a product in the next 6 months, don’t buy it from the store. Search for a second-hand online deal or renting instead.

Is there anything you would recommend buying used? Please share in comments below.
Source: https://okfiscal.com/6-things-that-are-better-buying-second-hand-or-used-to-maintain-good-savings/
Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 6 Things That Are Better Buying Second Hand Or Used To Maintain Good Savings by SEGLIZ: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2019
the legitimate online stores, you never mention.
pls kindly mention a few, I for one don't trust online store, even jumia, konga, etc for a couple of negative report on them.
I love this post, right on point.
Re: 6 Things That Are Better Buying Second Hand Or Used To Maintain Good Savings by Bigblessed: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nice one indeed.
Cutting your coat according to your size.

Meanwhile it's advisable to go for a new brand if the money is there.
For example, buying second hand stuff at 200 box when I will get same stuff of a new brand at 220-250.
-Check out the joy of owing a new stuff with the receipt in your name.
-the joy of giving it out when you are done with it to someone in need of it, who will thank you.
-the degree of diseases and accidents you have minimised because you don't know much about the past users.
-chech out the duration of a good and quality new stuff, which most times come with guarantee.

-Checkout the disgrace and shame you avert by avoiding stollen goods.

Checkout the ease of making reference to that stuff because it's always handy and the possibility of passing it on to your generation or the society.

-count them.

The same thing goes for complementing orthodox medicine with herbal when the cash is there to complete your treatment.
From experience, I have come to realize that many complications of illness and deaths were as a result of the above, where someone will visit the hospital; after which he will be asked to come back for review or checkup and once he sees that he was a bit relieved, he aboundons his medication and before he realises it, the illness has gone back to square one if not worst with the help of many self-acclaimed doctors and advisers saying "please don't waste your money in the hospital because English medicine can not care it. It's only herbal that can uproot the illness".
And you will see people complicating their issues.

Please all I'm driving at is that both English and herbal are good depending on what one want, but the two should not be used simultaneously.

Any one you start with, please continue with it till you are done with it and advised otherwise.

Some good English and herbal doctors know when to advise a patient for an alternative.
Let's be wise.

Generally, what I'm saying is that it's good we consider new and quality things if we have the money because life is so precious, delicate and very hard to come by.

I believe no one came into this world as a second-hand fellow.

Please if you can spend little more to be happy when you can afford it, kindly go ahead because most times, the irony of it is that the people we are trying to please or safe for, go as far as not only going for the new and quality things, they most times tend to spend extravagantly while we are there gradually punishing ourselves to death.
Re: 6 Things That Are Better Buying Second Hand Or Used To Maintain Good Savings by Cormung: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
Buying used designer things is a legit idea but it's quite to find those for sale in good condition. Wanted to get a Gucci handbag at some point and there were no decent options out there so I just followed BeleneChandia's Gucci tips and got myself a good quality replica.

(1) (Reply)

Newly Built 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex +bq At Chevron Alt Route / 800 Sqm Plot Of Land At Cowrie Creek Estate, Ikate, Lekki For Sale / Spacious 3 Bedroom For Rent At Onike Yaba @ N850,000/annum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.