Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,327 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations (9377 Views)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Suspends Ogbemudia As Council Chairman / Obaseki Suspends Yakson Musa, Oshiomhole's Local Government Area Chairman / 2019: PDP Presidential Aspirants With Corruption Allegations - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations by busomma: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
Obaseki is systematically pushing out the last remnants of Oshionhole's supporters to consolidate power. He has forgotten the proverb that says "don't bite the finger that feeds u". I wonder where he will run to when his political godfather brings the power of federal might on him.
Re: Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations by RHO65: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
I hope he has learnt his lesson
Re: Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations by ChaleeBendel: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
SoftP:
As much as i will commend the state govt fighting corruption,
But this is a clear case of witch-hunting.

What concerns govt with paying agents fee?

Should there be bridge of agreement, i think the court is a better place to settle personal issues.
[/s]

Try and read:

The statistics he gave as the number of tricycles and motorcycles operating in Esan West is 3000. If he collected N150 each from them, that amounts to N9m monthly but Aguinede was remitting the only N4.5m
Re: Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations by mu2sa2: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
alveene:
I thought governors do not have any constitutional right to suspend LG chairmen?
Hahahah, bros, the more you the less you understand. I tell you, when your thought returns to thinking, you will see the light.
Re: Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations by Khaleell001(m): 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
daewoorazer:

Yes only if they are elected...but I guess these ones are appointees by the Governor himself...these days governors don’t conduct local govt elections...they just appoint chairmen to work with them.

He doesn't have such powers.
Elections were conducted and the LG chairman were sworn in constitutionally and the suspension of Etsako West LG (my local government) chairman was suspended not by the councillors but by a governor who is supposed to exercise his power within the ambit of the constitution and aomerfoka here are saying garbage because the governor is supposedly cutting Oshimohole's influence to size.

Sincerely speaking, Obaseki is only being praised by his people (the binins) and I haven't seen much impact from him since he came to power in my district (Edo north).
He should focus on governing Edo state properly and leave the LG chairmen alone.
He may end up just being known for sacking LG charimen without much impact.
Re: Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations by vicfajeze: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
HRHF:
Am soo taya of this country
I BEG NO COMMIT SUICIDE OOOOOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi Guber: Court adjourns suit challenging Bello’s eligibility / Fuel Queues Persist In Abuja, Black Marketers Sell For ₦300/Litre / After Osun, Opposition Parties Will Go Into 2023 Elections With High Hopes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.