Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,725 members, 7,820,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (15745 Views)

Umahi's Sack: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Umahi (Photos) / South African President Appoints Okonjo-iweala Head Economic Advisory Council / Profile Of Members of Buhari's New Economic Advisory Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by quickberry2(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2019
signz:

If most of the money borrowed by this govt were used for developmental projects, people wont be complaining. Most of our debts goes to recurrent expenditure, debt servicing and misappropriation of funds.
Just look at today's Business day reporting that the CBN financed FG to the tune of over 4 trillion naira in 2018 which is against the CBN rule. So let's ask ourselves, what did the FG do with all that money including the ones we borrowed?

As for the OP, I have hope that Salami and Soludo will tell the President the gospel truth about how to make Nigeria productive and business friendly. The problem is, will Buhari put to action their recommendations? Your guess is as good as mine.

So, light rail is not a developmental project? What of second niger bridge?, federal roads that are being reconstructed are not developmental projects abi?
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
quickberry2:

So, we should keep abandoning unfinished projects?

You said the govt. is having fiscal issues, but u don't want the govt to borrow, and u still want the government to embark on new projects.....do u now see why u are not making any sense? Let me know the names of renowned economists who have spoken against the budget.

You said you have not seen any visible improvement in our infrastructure, it is either u are not seeing well or u just want to play politics of hatred. Have you not seen our light rail? What about the second niger bridge? Go to Lagos-Ibadan expressway. We have alot of them goin on.....if u want me to post images here, I will do it for you.
You're the one playing politics of the stomach. If not, you'll not mention light rail completed by the former govt or the one being used to play politics as infrastructural improvement. Very funny you mentioned Lagos-Ibadan. I hope you know that road is just one out of the four roads linking Lagos with the rest of Nigeria. If you're doing Lagos-Ibadan for four years without completion while the remaining three remain comatose, how's that improvement with the ballooned debt.
At least 80% of federal roads are in poor condition yet you talk of improvement.
Fiscal issues are not just solved by knee-jerk borrowing. What about enlarging the tax net? What about cutting cost of governance? What about employing technology to bring down recurrent overheads?

Nigeria's economy is still in comatose. An ambitious govt will double down to do hard and smart work, not ask these simplistic solutions that are basically taking us nowhere.
That budget is not growth oriented. Period
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by quickberry2(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Buckubuck:

You're the one playing politics of the stomach. If not, you'll not mention light rail completed by the former govt or the one being used to play politics as infrastructural improvement. Very funny you mentioned Lagos-Ibadan. I hope you know that road is just one out of the four roads linking Lagos with the rest of Nigeria. If you're doing Lagos-Ibadan for four years without completion while the remaining three remain comatose, how's that improvement with the ballooned debt.
At least 80% of federal roads are in poor condition yet you talk of improvement.
Fiscal issues are not just solved by knee-jerk borrowing. What about enlarging the tax net? What about cutting cost of governance? What about employing technology to bring down recurrent overheads?

Nigeria's economy is still in comatose. An ambitious govt will double down to do hard and smart work, not ask these simplistic solutions that are basically taking us nowhere.
That budget is not growth oriented. Period

Tell me one light rail project that was completed by the past administration. Are you saying that Kaduna to Abuja light rail was completed by the past administration? Or Warri or Lagos to Ibadan?

The same Lagos to Ibadan expressway that your party was reconstructing on the pages of newspaper for 16 years?

How did you come about your 80%? If the figure is correct, then it is a slap on the face of your party, because if your party had fixed those roads, we wouldn't be here talking about 80%. Your party couldn't fix them in 16 years but you want this administration to fix it in 4 years. Shey you can see how hypocritical you are?

Please, suggest a smart work that can be done to fix our economy that is in comatose.
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
quickberry2:

Tell me one light rail project that was completed by the past administration. Are you saying that Kaduna to Abuja light rail was completed by the past administration? Or Warri or Lagos to Ibadan?

The same Lagos to Ibadan expressway that your party was reconstructing on the pages of newspaper for 16 years?

How did you come about your 80%? If the figure is correct, then it is a slap on the face of your party, because if your party had fixed those roads, we wouldn't be here talking about 80%. Your party couldn't fix them in 16 years but you want this administration to fix it in 4 years. Shey you can see how hypocritical you are?

Please, suggest a smart work that can be done to fix our economy that is in comatose.
You can go back and forth on who should take credit for kad-Abj light rail. But you'll agree that this govt has not been able to complete one light rail project by itself in four years.
You can't be in govt and still be playing opposition. PDP was voted out for their failures which APC promised to fix. So if you're not partisan, you should know that citizens are concerned about the activities of the govt in power not the opposition, except you're benefiting in a particular way from the govt.
If you do not know that 80%of Nigerian roads are comatose, I'll advise you to take a journey from Lagos to Sokoto or Borno and tell me what ur experience was like. Even the Lagos-hinterland roads I pointed out to you should give you a clue except ur head is buried in the sand.
Tell ur govt to get the refineries working and remove subsidy, they should provide power and make it affordable also, they should provide capital to cottage and SMEs and see if the economy will not reflate. Instead of calling the youths lazy and turning them to political urchins, they should inspire, challenge and empower them to unleash their creative energy. They should make scholarships available to our best graduates to be able to go round the world to acquire knowledge and know how in tech like India did.
Instead of increasing vat to punish the masses and build tolls, they should make sure the tax net covers more people including the seeming untouchables.
They should set realistic targets for the economy and focus on achieving them instead of using excuses of completing existing projects to cover their fiscal ineptitude.
They can do this and many more and bring down cost of governance instead of borrowing into oblivion
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by quickberry2(m): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2019
Buckubuck:

You can go back and forth on who should take credit for kad-Abj light rail. But you'll agree that this govt has not been able to complete one light rail project by itself in four years.
You can't be in govt and still be playing opposition. PDP was voted out for their failures which APC promised to fix. So if you're not partisan, you should know that citizens are concerned about the activities of the govt in power not the opposition, except you're benefiting in a particular way from the govt.
If you do not know that 80%of Nigerian roads are comatose, I'll advise you to take a journey from Lagos to Sokoto or Borno and tell me what ur experience was like. Even the Lagos-hinterland roads I pointed out to you should give you a clue except ur head is buried in the sand.
Tell ur govt to get the refineries working and remove subsidy, they should provide power and make it affordable also, they should provide capital to cottage and SMEs and see if the economy will not reflate. Instead of calling the youths lazy and turning them to political urchins, they should inspire, challenge and empower them to unleash their creative energy. They should make scholarships available to our best graduates to be able to go round the world to acquire knowledge and know how in tech like India did.
Instead of increasing vat to punish the masses and build tolls, they should make sure the tax net covers more people including the seeming untouchables.
They should set realistic targets for the economy and focus on achieving them instead of using excuses of completing existing projects to cover their fiscal ineptitude.
They can do this and many more and bring down cost of governance instead of borrowing into oblivion

Trash as usual.....full of lies.

Just prove how you arrived at your 80%....this administration is certainly better than the previous ones.
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
quickberry2:

Just prove how you arrived at your 80%....this administration is certainly better than the previous ones.
I've told you how I arrived at it. The onus is on you to disprove that.
This adminstration is worse than the previous ones because it wasted four years of our lives with no tangible achievement except a pedestrian and ill-thought trader moni and n-power for political urchins like you who are bereft of intelligence and creative power but are looking for hand outs from govt and paddy paddy jobs to survive
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by AgentNairaland(f): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
My Afonja's People, Let's Stand And Fight For Mr Osinbajo To Gain His Position Back
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by quickberry2(m): 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
Buckubuck:

I've told you how I arrived at it. The onus is on you to disprove that.
This adminstration is worse than the previous ones because it wasted four years of our lives with no tangible achievement except a pedestrian and ill-thought trader moni and n-power for political urchins like you who are bereft of intelligence and creative power but are looking for hand outs from govt and paddy paddy jobs to survive

I have proved you wrong already.....calling me an urchin is what I will not take easy with you....CC Seun lalasticlala rule 2
Re: Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
quickberry2:

I have proved you wrong already.....calling me an urchin is what I will not take easy with you....CC Seun rule 2
quickberry2:

quickberry2:

Calling me a liar and hypocrite is also unacceptable
cc: Seun rule 2

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA / Videos From APC Lagos Governorship Primary / 20 Great Oscar Wilde Quotes For Our Political Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.