Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,844 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science (37031 Views)

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara / What Is The Relevance Of "Political Science" As A Course.? / Job Prospects For Graduate Of Political Science And Public Adminstration ??????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by Omolulu(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2007
What jobs are available for a  graduate in political science?it seems like they have no relevance in the mordern world or what do my people feel?
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by ikamefa(f): 10:51pm On May 19, 2007
Omolulu:

What jobs are available for a graduate in political science?it seems like they have no relevance in the mordern world or what do my people feel?

where is this graduate located?

if in 9ja make him or her cool down for Jesus as aint no job in 9ja
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by Omolulu(m): 10:59pm On May 19, 2007
Na Nigeria o my brother,abi which country again !
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by DisGuy: 11:02pm On May 19, 2007
if you sabi maths you fit enter bank, in short you fit enter bank job with any degree for naija as far as you sabi the test and sabi talk wella  cheesy

Political Science: Public Service and Clerical, culture and media
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by ikamefa(f): 11:08pm On May 19, 2007
Dis Guy:

if you sabi maths you fit enter[b] bank[/b], in short you fit enter bank job with any degree for naija as far as you sabi the test and sabi talk wella cheesy

Political Science: Public Service and Clerical, culture and media

see now! what is a political scientist doing in a bank? cheesy

@topic prolly social work as in a social worker
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by GNature(m): 11:08pm On May 19, 2007
Omololu,

I wouldn't say Pol Science graduates have no relevance in the modern world.

• Cross Rivers State Governor-elect (Former Minister of Power & Steel), Liyel Imoke, majored in Political Science

• Former speaker, Nigeria's house of representatives, Ghali Umar Na 'Abba majored in Political Science.

• Former U.S. Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, majored in Political Science.

These people are all Millionaires today !

You probably wouldn't make much money right off the back with a Pol Science degree, but it can pay off big in the long run.

My advice for any recent graduate (or 4th year undergraduate) is to get an internship with a government agency (such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Defense etc) or NGO. You can also work as a legislative aide at your state house of assembly or at the National Assembly, abuja.

Alternatively, you can further your studies by going to law school or have a graduate degree in International relations, Public Policy, Strategic Studies etc.

5 Likes

Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by DisGuy: 11:19pm On May 19, 2007
ikamefa, that is the naija story at the moment wink

Alternatively, you can further your studies by going to law school or have a graduate degree in International relations, Public Policy, Strategic Studies etc.
Yes, but dont expect any significant rise in your income if you work for the Govt lipsrsealed
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by GNature(m): 11:27pm On May 19, 2007

Yes, but don't expect any significant rise in your income if you work for the Govt

True, not until you become an Oga anyway. You can spend time with the govt, rise through the ranks, resign or retire, then run for elective office. Before you know it, you donn become Senator or Governor be that grin
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by DisGuy: 2:12pm On May 20, 2007
the chances of getting a political office in nigeria descreases with a degree cheesy
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by jimmyjam: 7:19am On Jun 30, 2009
you can work anywhere: bank, govt, diplomat, united nations, etc or you can start chopping money directly by signing up for politics lol in short you can do anything except engineering, science or medical.

1 Like

Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by Bukittes(f): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2010
This question is rather funny cos I feel the poster should have asked this b4 going on for 4yrs (without strike ) to read this course, he graduated and then he's asking this? Na wah o! Just go get self employed my dear wise man!
Re: What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science by bizzy24: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
u can be self employed if u want, something like network marketing. if u want, i can introduce to one. email me at achinasa@ymail.com

(1) (Reply)

20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life / My Experience With A Pervert Manager / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.