Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram (2930 Views)

Lady Being Flogged For Posting Her Nude Photos And Twerk Video On IG (video) / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Secures Her Wig In Sierra Leone As Fans Mob Her (Photo) / Bukola Iyabo Oshadare Has Breast Cancer, Husband Abandons Her (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by Nawaaoh: 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
American actress, Jennifer Lopez, also known by her nickname J.Lo, has been hit with a $150,000 lawsuit by the Splash News and Picture Agency for copyright infringement over a photo of herself and fiancé Alex Rodriguez found on Instagram. She allegedly posted the photo on her official Instagram page two years ago.

The lawsuit filed in US District Court for the Central District of California on Saturday, claims that J.Lo did not have permission to post the agency’s image, which showed her holding hands with her fiancé, A-Rod, in 2017 during breakfast in New York City.

The photographer alleges that J.Lo’s own photo belongs to their company.

“Nevertheless, Lopez used it without authorization or permission from [Splash] to do so,” the lawsuit states.

What do you guys say about this kind thing?

Read details through the link

https://www.mazechmedia.com/2019/10/jennifer-lopez-sued-for-posting-a-photo-of-herself-and-her-fiance-on-instagram-two-years-ago/

1 Share

Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by budaatum: 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
150k is small lol! They should sue her for 150m!
Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by javaguru: 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
I dont know if I understand this 1
Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by Nawaaoh: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
javaguru:
I dont know if I understand this 1

What they are saying is that according to 'a controversial law', when someone sees you and takes a photo of you using his camera or phone, that photo belongs to the photographer, not you. So you do not have any right to share the photo even though it shows your face. grin.

My question: But, why should somebody even take a photo of me......even when I don't want dem to snaaaap me

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT KIND OF LAW!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by Jerrick(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
J. Lo should file a counter lawsuit of $300,000 for right infringement. How can someone or an organization sue me for posting my own picture?? When there's too much law, rubbish go dey enter am
Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by WildChild00(m): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nawaaoh:

What they are saying is that according to 'a controversial law', when someone sees you and takes a photo of you using his camera or phone, that photo belongs to the photographer, not you. So you do not have any right to share the photo even though it shows your face. grin.

My question: But, why should somebody even take a photo of me......even when I don't want dem to snaaaap me

That's is the western world for you.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
Can I be her attorney?

She should file a counter suit for being photographed without her permission.

I would buy it if it wasn't a pic of her.
Not when the picture is hers.
Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by budaatum: 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
That's not quite it! Someone is trying to create such a "controversial law" that does not yet exist, that photo images of you belong to the photo image maker and not you.

Nawaaoh:

Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
That's small money for her nah
Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by Harry00(m): 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
Dem
Nawaaoh:

Re: Jennifer Lopez Hit With $150,000 Lawsuit For Posting Her Photo On Instagram by boss1310(m): 6:55am On Oct 10, 2019
I have heard about this kind of laws but in football, they say pictures taken by Getty images that players don't have the right to share it without permission.
me I come say what kind of weird law where I no beg you to snap me for pitch with all my sweating there and I no fit use am again without your permission, oyibo make laws to protect big,small,poor and rich thats what I figured

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Flaunts A Huckleberry Bag Worth Over N200k (photos) / I Still Love Blossom Chukwujekwu, I Never Cheated On Him – Ex- Wife, Maureen / Canadian Rapper, Drake Joins The #EndSARS Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.