Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,984 members, 7,852,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

Sex For Grades - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex For Grades (148 Views)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / Sex For Grades: BBC Releases The Full Documentary Of Lecturers Involved / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex For Grades by henroo22(m): 7:44am On Oct 10, 2019
SEX FOR GRADES.....
An elderly man once approached me to help get a job for his daughter who graduated with '2.1'. I took the CV and gave it directly to MD of a Well known Private company..... The MD promised to get her a job in his Organization. I assured the old man not to worry, her daughter would be employed.
About 2 months later, the MD called me and said "My brother, Pls I'm sorry, get me someone else immediately within one week but make sure the person you're bringing this time is qualified and worthy.... When we see later in church, I will tell you the whole story...."..... I was shocked. What will I tell the old man who sent me SMS every morning to pray for me for helping her daughter to secure a job....." what a disgrace? "....
I decided I won't replace the name, here is a lady, though I never met her, with Second Class Upper Division in a reputable Nigerian University, she's below 25, so what's the issue?
In the evening of the following day, we met at Faith Clinic and after Service, I walked to the MD, we greeted. I asked for the details, he said "This country needs our prayers especially for our youths. The lady you gave her CV to me is so shallow, too empty. How is she is to you? Your sister?"..... I knew something is wrong, I said "Nooo, I know her Dad, I've never met her really, what happened?"
"She was called by the HR for a written test in our Head office, out of the 30 people we called, she scored the lowest, not just the lowest, she scored below 15%. I asked the HRM to organize another test for her, she failed even worse. I asked one of the EDs together with HRM and Company Secretary to interview her, it was a disaster, her communication, her basic knowledge of the Economics she read at the University were all disastrous. I could not have done more than that and you know I can't meet her unless she passed at those stages, that is the rule! she can't even define Economics, inflation etc and she had Second Class Upper? You and I know something is wrong... Pls that slot is still for you, get me a qualified person before Tuesday.... "
I called the old man and asked him to call me whenever his daughter is around. On Saturday(Not this Saturday) he called and gave the phone to her daughter who didn't know she has fumbled in her interview. She was just thanking and praying for me.... I told her to listen to me. I began to stylishly ask her about Economics, definition, inflation, Opportunity Cost, Scale of Preference.... all those elementary stuffs, she didn't score 15% with me, she scored 0%! This is ridiculous! How come?
The rot in our Universities is not a joke! In my days, there was one WAEC, one JAMB, nothing like Post JAMB. To pass WAEC, it was not a joke, at a time, the highest JAMB score was 250, yet you can't enter university without scoring far above 200. Nowadays there are many ways out. Dull students will be saved by devilish lecturers who demand for pleasure or cash as the case may be.
If a Lecturer deliberately failed a brilliant student, the student would dare him by calling for his answer booklet(Risky if you're not sure of yourself though)....but what we see now is conspiracy among the parents who forced their children to school despite their glaring incapabilities, the school authorities who take bribes and rubbish the rules, the System collapse, the lecturers who prey on those vulnerable and dull kids.... Unfortunately, they will also be counted among those with certificates looking for jobs. Well, some of them have their jobs waiting for them, or an Aristo who will fix them up, some are also Jigolos.....
The society suffers in the end!

(1) (Reply)

2019/2020 Admission Study In Philippines The Most Cheapest Country In The Word / Education / Part Time Teacher On Home Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.