Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First (1162 Views)

5 Simple Mistakes We Make Daily While Communicating On Phone / How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / Glo Don't Want Me To Subscribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Christmasdon(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2019
Is it right?
Some persons do call me on phone and i'm usually the type who waits for you to say "hello" and if you did not say hello first. i will keep mute till he/she ends thAT call.
Nairalands!
YOUR ADVICE! And your opinion poll.

1 Like

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by subtlemee(f): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2019
You are being childish...pray you don't lose something important

4 Likes

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by kingxsamz(m): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2019
Smh... so if someone knocks on your door what will you do?

1 Like

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Christmasdon(m): 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
subtlemee:
You are being childish...pray you don't lose something important
.You think you are making any sense. People like you die ignorantly. what of ritualist who would want you to Speak first. Once u answered hello you'll start bleeding blood profusely. Be wise & stay safe.
Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Christmasdon(m): 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
kingxsamz:
Smh... so if someone knocks on your door what will you do?
. The whiteman who put small look through hole attached to your door ain't foolish. You look through the small hole before opening the door.be wise. some have cctv cameras behind the door way. we talking about security here. When will u have sense? you called me and remain silenced. who does that? Is not about ego.

3 Likes

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by subtlemee(f): 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
Christmasdon:
.You think you are making any sense. People like you die ignorantly. what of ritualist who would want you to Speak first. Once u answered hello you'll start bleeding blood profusely. Be wise & stay safe.

When you answer hello on phone you start bleeding? You are brainless

14 Likes

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Seun(m): 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2019
Christmasdon:
Is it right?
Some persons do call me on phone and i'm usually the type who waits for you to say "hello" and if you did not say hello first. i will keep mute till he/she ends thAT call.
Nairalands!
I may be wrong, but what you do seems fair to me. Why would anyone initiate a call and not say anything after it’s picked?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by realsammie(m): 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
When i receive a call, i usually do not answer first. I wait till the caller says hello. If the caller refuse to say hello first, then we continue hearing our breathing, after all, it's not my card that is wasting. But if itys one of my contact that call, i will even be d one to say Hello first. So @OP i support you 100℅

7 Likes

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by madgoat(m): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
Christmasdon:
Is it right?
Nairalands!

The normal thing is that the person that called is supposed to initiate the conversation by introducing him/herself and stating the reason for the call. If u call me and you dont talk, i will just put my fone on speaker mode and drop it on the table till u are ready to start talking. grin
It makes no sense to call someone and then expect the person to be the one starting the conversation
Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Christmasdon(m): 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
Seun:

I may be wrong, but what you do seems fair to me. Why would anyone initiate a call and not say anything after it’s picked?
.May your days be long.

3 Likes

Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Christmasdon(m): 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
you call me n you won't say a word. Who does that?
Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Youngsage: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
Courtesy demands that whoever picks up the phone, that is,the receiver should break the silence by saying a simple 'hello', after which the caller proceeds with the reason for calling!

It's simple phone etiquette.
Re: Someone Will Call Me On Phone And Will Want Me To Speak First by Mikefrik(m): 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2019
Confusion everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications, Review And Price / US Used Phones Available Here / SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.