Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,620 members, 7,958,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:12 AM

See The Appropriate Way To Write This Word - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / See The Appropriate Way To Write This Word (385 Views)

How To Write Perfect Product Review Articles : By Amechi Okoli / How To Write A Movie Script. Help Needed!!! / Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See The Appropriate Way To Write This Word by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
Alright, I know that this is where you see many writers and poets here on NL, so I brought this here.
And this is for those who may not have known this before...we learn everyday.

That said, the word I'm talking about is:

WRITE-UP.

Do you see how I wrote it? Yea, the appropriate ways to write that word is either WRITE-UP (that is with an unspaced hyphen in between the 2 words that make up the compound word), or WRITE UP (with the 2 words spaced but no hyphen in between). However, the 1st one ("WRITE-UP" ) is the uppermost, most appropriate and probably best used/most commonly used, but the 2nd ("WRITE UP" ) is also allowed.
I always see people write the word wrongly, viz: "WRITEUP", including even in serials (mags and newspapers) and this is obviously misleading many people including innocent learners. Well, "WRITEUP" is wrong, though spellings of both the 2 right ones and the 1 wrong one are the same.

Now you know.
If you thank me for telling you this...
I'll simply smile smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The #gloryosei Saga / What Will You Do If You Find Your Self In This Sitution? / TheFacelessMan Moves On...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.