Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,552 members, 7,840,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... (1032 Views)

Buhari's Second Niger Bridge Parting Gift To Ndigbo By Farooq Kperogi / Nnamdi Kanu Is Working For Buhari’s Second Term - Deji Adeyanju / What Some Urhobos Are Saying About President Buhari Second Term Bid (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by respect80(m): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2019
It's no longer news that the social media community is ablaze over the rumors of President Muhammadu Buhari taking the minister of humanitarian affairs/disaster management, Umar Sadia Farouq, as his second wife. The truth is that most of us are already accustomed to the unimaginable things happening in the country, but if this very rumor which has been in circulation for more than 60hrs eventually turns out to be true, then it will serve as an indication to the fact that investigative journalism is completely dead and buried in Nigeria because I can't imagine a rumor that has sparked so much diverse reactions from citizens to be completely ignored and left unverified by any conventional news media.
Re: If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by Enoch07: 8:28am On Oct 11, 2019
this thing mist not be true oh!! dat niqqa dik still dey function sef

Re: If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by respect80(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2019
Enoch07:
this thing mist not be true oh!! dat niqqa dik still dey function sef

I'm not even concerned whether his diqq still stands at attention or not but if this rumor becomes true, then we need to worry about the state of true journalism in the country. Journalism should not only be a tool for blackmail by politicians or a tool for unnecessary and sycophantic praise singing while ignoring the purposeful aspect of the media as a reliable source of info

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2019
respect80:
It's no longer news that the social media community is ablaze over the rumors of President Muhammadu Buhari taking the minister of humanitarian affairs/disaster management, Umar Sadia Farouq, as his second wife. The truth is that most of us are already accustomed to the unimaginable things happening in the country, but if this very rumor which has been in circulation for more than 60hrs eventually turns out to be true, then it will serve as an indication to the fact that investigative journalism is completely dead and buried in Nigeria because I can't imagine a rumor that has sparked so much diverse reactions from citizens to be completely ignored and left unverified by any conventional news media.

My broda the tin tire me..I have search and check all our national dailies, non have the story....what happen to investigative journalism in this country? someone told me its expensive to do hence they prefer where they will gain...I just laugh
well the truth will come out one day. ....

1 Like

Re: If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by respect80(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

My broda the tin tire me..I have search and check all our national dailies, non have the story....what happen to investigative journalism in this country? someone told me its expensive to do hence they prefer where they will gain...I just laugh
well the truth will come out one day. ....

Tbh, if things continue like this then it's as good as saying there's no hope for Nigeria because facts suggests that true journalism is part and parcel of true democracy.

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by Blue3k(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
Lol you expected journalists to waste their time investigating fake tabloid nonsense? I guess common sense is scarce in your area.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by Afamed: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
The first sign of Madness is when you actually believe your own lies. The second sign of madness is when you begin to convince people to believe in your lies and the advance incurable sign of madness is when you begin to hire people to help your promote / spread your lies.

Omokri and co are in advance stages of their madness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari's Second Wife Rumors Becomes True...... by respect80(m): 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
Afamed:
The first sign of Madness is when you actually believe your own lies. The second sign of madness is when you begin to convince people to believe in your lies and the advance incurable sign of madness is when you begin to hire people to help your promote / spread your lies.

Omokri and co are in advance stages of their madness

It's good to know the whole thing ended as the rumor which it was but our conventional news media have failed in their duty I'm sorry to say.
They better sit up because in saner climes, rumors like this don't take this long for it to be completely debunked.

What a waste of reading and listening time undecided

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha Resident Cries Out For Help......black Wednesday / Maps: Bayelsa And Kogi Election Result. Who Won Where? / 14th February. Will Nnamdi Kanu Be Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.