Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians (4315 Views)

What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park / Nigerian Man Arrested In Uk For Preaching In An Open Place / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
Pastor Arrested While Preaching in LGBT Community: Canada Is 100% Discriminating Against Christians
10:30AM EDT 10/10/2019 DAVID HOFFMAN

Right now there is a major court case dealing with religious liberty and freedom of speech in Toronto, Canada. On June 4, 2019, David Lynn of Christ's Forgiveness Ministries was arrested for preaching the gospel publicly in Toronto, Canada.

In a previous article, I broke the news. He and his team were doing a multi-day evangelism tour throughout locations in Toronto. After evangelising in other locations throughout the day, they went in the afternoon to an area where many of the LGBT community reside. Not long after, a crowd began to form, and they tried to silence Lynn and force him to leave the area. When the police came, they charged Lynn with disturbing the peace even though the entire incident was video-recorded livestream and there was evidence of people in the crowd becoming angry and violent without any provocation from Lynn or his team.

In both Canada and the United States, we are seeing a constant increase of the silencing of Christians' rights to free speech. Every day, it is becoming clearer that we are living in a post-Christian, Western culture.

This court case is a serious case to be aware of. Many Christians in Western countries do not believe that there will come a time when the freedoms that we presently have and can exercise will be taken away from us right before our eyes. We already have seen lots of instances of the government coming against bakers, photographers and others who were unwilling to participate in gay weddings with extremely high fines and even greater threats of further punishments if there was no compliance. Likewise, we have seen the media demonise Christians for holding to fundamental biblical views.

I recently did an interview with David Lynn to hear his side of the story. My questions and his responses are what follow.

What happened the day of your arrest?

We were on our eighth stop on the third day of our Toronto-wide evangelism tour. All day, we had been going to different locations to share the gospel. The themes of the message I preached throughout the time were "God loves you," "There is hope for you," John 3:16 and "I tolerate you. Would you tolerate me?" At this particular stop, I was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace.

Why do you think people reacted so adversely to it?

Many of those listening, who claimed to also be members of the LGBT community, felt preaching the gospel to them was offensive. However, nothing hateful or offensive was ever said. Anyone can go and watch the entire incident online because it was livestreamed and we still have the unedited livestream posted on our Christ Forgiveness YouTube channel.

Do people have a right to free speech in Canada?

Yes, legally.

Were you in violation of any laws that day?

No. The laws allow us to preach on the streets.

Do you believe that there is an anti-Christian bias in Toronto?

Yes. Many Christians are being discriminated against for simply being Christian and exercising their Christian faith.

Are there more restraints placed on Christians in Canada than in the past couple of years?

Yes. One example is that Justin Trudeau, our prime minister, limited youth summer programme funds to charities that affirm abortion rights. Because of this, it excluded Bible-believing Christians who run summer programmes from receiving funding. There is not a change of "legal rights" or rights according to the law. But there is a widespread crackdown on Christians, using a bogus application of the law to try to silence us. There are hate speech laws and laws that pertain to disturbing the peace. Even if we are not being hateful or doing something to disturb the peace, these laws get applied to us, wrongfully. What happens is that authorities use questionable grey area laws like, "Disturbing the peace" or "Mischief" in an attempt to silence us as Christians. So "by the books" we have a right to free speech, but in practicality, we are being silenced. When other groups do the same things we do, or things of a much more radical nature, they are praised by government officials and the media and no one gets arrested. When they actually have hate-speech in their messages or disturb the peace, everyone turns a blind eye.

Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
When the police came, they charged Lynn with disturbing the peace even though the entire incident was video-recorded livestream and there was evidence of people in the crowd becoming angry and violent without any provocation from Lynn or his team.
Some people and their unreasoning! So going to "an area where many of the LGBT community reside" to make them "angry and violent" is not provocation?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
budaatum:

Some people and their unreasoning! So going to "an area where many of the LGBT community reside" to make them "angry and violent" is not provocation?

That may explain the reason why you often feel provoked when the gospel gets preached to you. cool

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 3:13am On Oct 14, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

That may explain the reason why you often feel provocated when the gospel gets preached to you. cool
I don't really listen to liars like you deg, nor am I provoked. One does have to correct your lies though least some believe you and be led astray.

Have you tried preaching the gospel to yourself I wonder? Try the bit about loving others and let me know how you get on.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2019
Stop constituting yourselves into public nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by malvisguy212: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2019
budaatum:

I suspect you are there when he was preaching. for you to make this conclusion, you are among the listener.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2019
malvisguy212:
I suspect you are there when he was preaching. for you to make this conclusion, you are among the listener.
Did you not read it in the op?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:

I don't really listen to liars like you deg, nor am I provoked. One does have to correct your lies though least some believe you and be led astray.

Have you tried preaching the gospel to yourself I wonder? Try the bit about loving others and let me know how you get on.

Why are you always provoked when the issue of homosexuals are being discussed, are you gay? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02am On Oct 15, 2019
LordReed:

Stop constituting yourselves into public nuisance.

You can easily spot antichrist spirits manifesting themselves when the gospel is being preached to the gay community. This is why I think the antichrist will be a homosexual just as the Bible has said.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57am On Oct 15, 2019
Dr Michael Brown Interviews Pastor David Lynn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONIdSzdJV1g

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 15, 2019
The prince of this world fights anything that will see more people turn to the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ.

@op, I wonder why you even bother yourself with these hell-bound atheists. They, like their father ( satan the devil, the ancient serpent and murderer), know that their time is short and are just here to tamper with the delicate balance of being the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding, brings to you Ahayah's Child.

So, I'd advise you just ignore them and keep burning. Ye, brighter and brighter, excelling in His might.

For every atheist, you can be sure that our Daddy has preserved seven more blazing, blood-washed, Spirit-controlled, Christ-o-centric, heaven-bound, power-clothed Sons. Their antagonistic comments shouldn't deter you brother. They will have their part in the lake that burns with brimstone and sulfur for sure.

Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 3:22am On Oct 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Why are you always provoked when the issue of homosexuals are being discussed, are you gay? undecided
See. There you go with your false witnessing again!

I am not provoked when the issue of homosexuals or your other pet hates (JWs, atheists, Muslims) are being discussed Deg. I am just disappointed when you confess to worshipping Jesus Christ the Lord of Love but are so filled with hatred towards others as you often seem to be.

You in fact make Christianity seem like a religion of hatred and lies instead of the religion of love that Christ taught it to be going by the number of hate filled threads you've opened on here that it would be more appropriate for you to change your name to talibandegbu.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 5:37am On Oct 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You can easily spot antichrist spirits manifesting themselves when the gospel is being preached to the gay community. This is why I think the antichrist will be a homosexual just as the Bible has said.

Where did the bible say the antichrist will be homosexual?
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by orisa37: 7:08am On Oct 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

That may explain the reason why you often feel provoked when the gospel gets preached to you. cool

That's provoking.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by orisa37: 7:13am On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:

Getting messier and more provoking.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by orisa37: 7:21am On Oct 15, 2019
malvisguy212:

He hasn't concluded nothing. It's a soliloquy.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by orisa37: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2019
Jesus is the way the truth and the Life. The Way is Direction.The Truth is your Message and Tongue. The Life is Action, that's, doing, seeing, smelling, hearing and talking. The Life is Interaction. It takes two to tango and there must be Offer and Acceptance, a deal struck to move actions. And The Life is Movements to organize your actions and Interactions smoothly without provoking the pleasures of your company and your audience.

Jesus has given the Directives by Examples. Ours is to follow up discerningly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 15, 2019
LordReed:

I've forgotten the book, chapter or verse but there's a part in it that says the Antichrist will have no love for a woman prompting many to think he will be gay
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Heaver:

I've forgotten the book, chapter or verse but there's a part in it that says the Antichrist will have no love for a woman prompting many to think he will be gay

Find it if you can, use biblegateway.com.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
LordReed:

Ok, thanks
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2019
LordReed:

Will you repent and believe in the gospel truth if I show you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2019
SonofAhayah:

The prince of this world fights anything that will see more people turn to the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ.

@op, I wonder why you even bother yourself with these hell-bound atheists. They, like their father ( satan the devil, the ancient serpent and murderer), know that their time is short and are just here to tamper with the delicate balance of being the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding, brings to you Ahayah's Child.

So, I'd advise you just ignore them and keep burning. Ye, brighter and brighter, excelling in His might.

For every atheist, you can be sure that our Daddy has preserved seven more blazing, blood-washed, Spirit-controlled, Christ-o-centric, heaven-bound, power-clothed Sons. Their antagonistic comments shouldn't deter you brother. They will have their part in the lake that burns with brimstone and sulfur for sure.

Shalom.

Amen. Thanks for this encouragement, it means a lot. God bless. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Will you repent and believe in the gospel truth if I show you? undecided

No because that's a non sequitur. I suspect you made it up anyway.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2019
LordReed:

"Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not" (Jeremiah 5;21).

The more you look the less you see unless you repent and believe the gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

See. There you go with your false witnessing again!

I am not provoked when the issue of homosexuals or your other pet hates (JWs, atheists, Muslims) are being discussed Deg. I am just disappointed when you confess to worshipping Jesus Christ the Lord of Love but are so filled with hatred towards others as you often seem to be.

You in fact make Christianity seem like a religion of hatred and lies instead of the religion of love that Christ taught it to be going by the number of hate filled threads you've opened on here that it would be more appropriate for you to change your name to talibandegbu.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34).

Sorry to burst your bubble. Even though Jesus came to bring peace between mankind and God but not necessarily peace on earth, at least for now. The reason is because people like you will hate Christians preaching the gospel truth as your posts have shown because you misconstrue Christianity to be a religion of peace on earth. It is only when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour that you can ever have peace. It is alright to call me radical for Christ because Jesus Christ was hated by people like you for being preaching the gospel truth. smiley

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you" (John 15:18).

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not" (Jeremiah 5;21).

The more you look the less you see unless you repent and believe the gospel truth.

“It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
― Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34).

Sorry to burst your bubble. Even though Jesus came to bring peace between mankind and God but not necessarily peace on earth, at least for now. The reason is because people like you will hate Christians preaching the gospel truth as your posts have shown because you misconstrue Christianity to be a religion of peace on earth. It is only when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour that you can ever have peace. It is alright to call me radical for Christ because Jesus Christ was hated by people like you for being radical. smiley

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you" (John 15:18).

You see it my dear budaatum. Like I pointed out before in the other thread, he will now say Jesus was right for he is being persecuted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
LordReed:

You see it my dear budaatum. Like I pointed out before in the other thread, he will now say Jesus was right for he is being persecuted.
I can see him committing crimes at this rate just so he can be disliked more!
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

I can see him committing crimes at this rate just so he can be disliked more!

Exactly!
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Source

christsforgiveness

Pastor David Lynn was arrested during the Christ’s Forgiveness Ministries street preaching tour covering 22 Districts in Toronto. David Lynn was neither disrespectful nor condemnatory during his street preaching, going out of his way to ensure no demographic who may have heard his preaching felt singled out. David Lynn's entire preaching event was live streamed via Facebook and can be found on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvOjPLhElnU David Lynn.

David Lynn is focused on the Gospel , fighting evil and reaching the lost. (David Lynn)
For more information on David Lynn and ChristsForgiveness Ministries visit -www.christsforgiveness.com. David Lynn... David Lynn... David Lynn... David Lynn...(David Lynn)
#DavidLynn #DavidLynnArrest #StreetPreaching #FreeDavidLynn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8cCDdTGXI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2019
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Midas01: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2019
What is your definition of "make them angry"? No Canadian laws prevents anyone from preaching at a rally,
street corner or any public place not minding the demography of the place. That means that wether it is a predominantly gay area, there is no law preventing Christians from publicly exercising their rights to preach. Gay people also go to predominantly non-gay areas and hold their gay pride rallies where lots of them walk the street either Stark naked or butt naked and are not arrested nor attacked for "making people angry".

Keep supporting nonsense, it will come back to hunt you one day. People now get used in the US and Canada for addressing a man as a woman if that person doesn't want to be called what he obviously is. And guess what? Soon the US will begin withdrawing aids to African countries who don't accept such, I hope you won't backtrack then since you want to be supporting nonsense.
budaatum:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Feast Of Trumpets, Roshhashanah, 1st Day Of Tishri & The Second Coming Of Christ / NASA Accidentally Captures The Celestial City Of Jerusalem And Hide The Images. / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.