Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? (749 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do? / Seo -the Best Way To Drive Traffic To Your Site Or Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by jmoore(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is the 3rd time I am receiving this error notification email

<b>SQL/DB Error</b>
<ol><li><b>Error establishing a database
connection!</b><li>Are you sure you have the correct user/password?<li>Are you sure
that you have typed the correct hostname?<li>Are you sure that the database server
is running?</ol>
PHP 5.2.9 (Linux)

Aborting,

I am not yet a master, so what is this because it seems someone is trying to do something bad to my site.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by Dsense(m): 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2010
Oh Boy,Dey don kidnap ur site be that ooo,
Kidding . grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by jmoore(m): 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2010
My site is fine wink , I wonder what error 256 is all about.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by infonatic(m): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2010
Someone somewhere was probably trying to gain access to your database remotely.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 07, 2010
infonatic:

Someone somewhere was probably trying to gain access to your database remotely.
that is most likely the problem, and the dude did not get the authentication right, or did they?
the site was only sending you the error logs, will it send you a message if the dude has gotten in?
i dont fink so. . .
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by jmoore(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2010
My site is ok! is it possible for one to gain access to my database without using the right database username and password?
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by ishit4body(f): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2010
The site needs to be pulled down completely because of the presence of terminally ill lapses.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by DualCore1: 8:13am On Nov 07, 2010
ishit4body shocked
how the furk did the bot allow that name grin
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by infonatic(m): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2010
that is most likely the problem, and the dude did not get the authentication right, or did they?
the site was only sending you the error logs, will it send you a message if the dude has gotten in?
i dont fink so. . .

True talk *dhtml, there wouldn't have been an error log if the intruder had gotten in.

My site is ok! is it possible for one to gain access to my database without using the right database username and password?

It's not possible for one to gain access to your database without the right authentication details however, if your site is a dynamic website like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, DotnetNuke etc, it is possible for one to gain access if your software is not up to date and if you have a poor hosting account.

There are ways you can enhance your security like using .htaccess and so on. I'll advice you login to your hosting account and go through your log files to see from what geographic location the attempt was made. Try as much as possible to find out why the error log was triggered and, depending on how important the site is to you; if you have a poor hosting account, try upgrading it.

Prevention they say is better than cure.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
u may ban the ip address of the attacker, but even that can still prove useless
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by Slyr0x: 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2010
Whats the URL?
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by DualCore1: 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2010
@slyrox, For some reasons gmail seems to be lagging. you are not getting me mails.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by Slyr0x: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
tutor[at]phynxlabs[.]com
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by Emalachi(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2010
Guy no be lie person wan hack your site oooo
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by Oyawuni(m): 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2010
It better u change ur password if it is possible
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Site Or What? by bug24(m): 9:03am On Nov 10, 2010
Dual Core:

ishit4body shocked
how the furk did the bot allow that name grin
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Is Sick Submitter Worth Buying? / Drupal Developers / I Need A 3d Animation Trainer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.