Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth (19521 Views)

Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / Buhari: How Nigeria Recorded Biggest Economic Growth In Six Years / States’ IGR Hits N1.33trn In 2019, As Lagos Maintains First Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by awoo47: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
liohan:
Imagine 36 states generating less than $3b in six months, something Hudson County will generate in less time, and we have people commending this.

Restructure the damn shithole and see states either sit-up or collapse.
How will Kano, Katsina, and Jigawa that will almost determine the president of Nigeria has less combined IGR than Delta State?

Southerners think!
we need elections based on states vote just like in the usa, that way popular regions can't decide presidency

1 Like

Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by LegendHero(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
Walphem:

I was digesting and analysing the report wondering where is Ogun State, querying why are they not so conspicuous, then I scrolled down and the first comment was yours.

Ogun is really underperforming with the level.of industries within the state. Atleast if they are low on other indices and metric they should be up in IGR growth year on year. With this we can.assume they are having a systematic growth that will take strategic period but with the state being lost in almost all metrics it calls for a major dialogue...sadly so

I think it might be due to change of government, you can see that it’s for Jan-June period and Abiodun just got sworn in May.

If they don’t up their game by the next cycle then that means something is definitely wrong. Ogun should have double that IGP projected looking at the number of industries and investments in that state.
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by LegendHero(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
Kapeter:
nice to know bro. And as for them aways hating, you know it's in their blood and it's like their daily madicine, if they don't in a day, they might perish. I don't even give a f**k about them anymore buh seriously, one had to reply their bitternes once a while though bro.

And i asked if you are from Ondo state because i observed the Oodua movement seems to be more there than other states or maybe i'm not meeting others yet. I'm from Ondo buh i based in Ibadan before i left for GH. Anytime i return home, i'll still be returning back to Ib sha. It's my home now.

I'll mention you soon regards the Okun people thread. Hopefully midnight or tommorrow.

Yeah I think our people are just waking up and it’s all a work in progress as per the Oduduwa movement.

I’m currently not in Naija also, I’ll be following you keenly as per your thread.

Gracias.
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Ngwamankillyou(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
mercyville:

lol
What did you achieve even during regional system when you had the resources to grow....no...you still depended on the centre to make any impact and performed woefully..

But we were better off than your zone.. In fact we extended our rule down to your regional Parliament. Kiss the truth.
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Walphem(m): 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
LegendHero:

I think it might be due to change of government, you can see that it’s for Jan-June period and Abiodun just got sworn in May.

If they don’t up their game by the next cycle then that means something is definitely wrong. Ogun should have double that IGP projected looking at the number of industries and investments in that state.

This is the only logical explanation that can be shared otherwise, Ogun is a disaster in waiting if the state can't maximise its potentials and rightly invest it back into the state

3 Likes

Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Burnamiganja: 8:51pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Burnamiganja: 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
This is good

Don't forget to like and share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfj0bccTCOE
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Putinofrussia: 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
martowskin1:

Disappointed for what?

There is money in the states u just mentioned, but the government don't have means of collecting revenues there.

It is where u sow u reap, abia and Anambra is more of individual wealth not government attached wealth
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by ifiokjohn(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
[quote author=shamecurI'm Proud of Akwa Ibom. from 15 to 7 now..we are now better than Kano thanks to Udom Emmanuel.
we have seen much more investment and we are aiming now for no 1 in 10 years and it not impossible. GOD bless Akwa Ibom, GOD Bless Nigeria,GOD bless Udom, and GOD bless The Coming Biafra.
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
Makuos19:

shocked

I'm not into which states is more developed or not but seriously, apart from lagos, none of those states can compare with Abuja in terms of development which makes that list very doubtful.

1 Like

Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Pigsandidiots: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
What's the essence of Igr since the political and economic future of the some States \region is black and predictable ?

Its a pity that Nigeria is celebrating rubbish that has no impact on the lives of her citizens
I am sure you are not among the 300 people that are managing to pay tax in anambra
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Cajal(m): 12:01am On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHero:
What is happening to Ogun state? Could it be because of the change of government from Amosun to Abiodun that affected them like this. Their IGR should be more than this coz that state got a lot of prospect that can be harnessed. Anyway there is still time for growth. Abiodun should start working and he should make sure the IGR translates to real growth to the people.

Osun is really trying tbh and Ondo is upping their game as usual.
...my governor for Oyo....just dey borrow dey go

1 Like

Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by LegendHero(m): 12:09am On Oct 12, 2019
Cajal:
...my governor for Oyo....just dey borrow dey go

Lol, one thing about Oyo people is that they don’t take shit from anybody especially Ibadan.

I’m from Ibadan, if Makinde do not perform they will vote him out coz Ibadan people are known to ridicule any governor that performs below expectation. So makinde better buckle up and stop letting the media hype distract him.
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Kinematics: 6:20am On Oct 12, 2019
Every thread must turn to Ibo vs Yoruba.

Make una continue oooo...

We dey watch!
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by RemiOAjayi: 8:05am On Oct 12, 2019
What is happening to Oyo ? This is not the number we used to be, Seyi put on your thinking cap pls
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Makuos19: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
What's the essence of Igr since the political and economic future of the some States \region is black and predictable ?

Its a pity that Nigeria is celebrating rubbish that has no impact on the lives of her citizens
Fact!!!
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:37am On Oct 13, 2019
Makuos19:

Fact!!!
Shut up
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by nlPoster: 12:46am On Oct 13, 2019
Kapeter:
well, a capital city will be hosting different visitors(diplomats, tourists and all), hence it should be a city built to standard, beautiful, good and standard road networking, basic amenities and all. Both late Adefarati and late Agagu didn't do all these, they abandoned the city for their hometowns instead. So the city was in a shadow of it's own even as the capital. It was Mimiko that laid hand on it, beautify it to some extent, buit roads, modern garages, save the city from thugery and this bropught about many developments. Akure is one of the cleanest cities in the country presenty, the beauty isn't yet fully achieved buh with this present admin, i believe it will mopve forward even though this present admin is majorly interested in developing ore to become a standard industrial hub buh the legacy he met woudn't let him abandon the city.

I think the "abandonment" was to reduce the pressure on the state capital, in most countries there is development outside the capital which helps with city planning and overcrowding as people rush to seek more opportunities where they feel such opportunities are available.

You have some points there.

The "cleanliness" is because Nigerians in general are more used to viewing (photos of) larger cities in the southwest, and there's a little "sticker shock" when smaller towns are seen.
Re: States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth by MetaPhysical: 5:38am On Oct 13, 2019
What revenue are bandits bringing to zamfara, is it ransom money?

Beside smuggling, kidnapping, okada riders....what else is happening in zamfara? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Things Tinubu Proved With His Town Hall Meeting In Benin - Omo-Ikiroda / Search For Funding For Nigeria Giving Us Hypertension – Okonjo-Iweala Burst / PDP: Dino Melaye's Support For Saraki Caused His Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.