Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins (25869 Views)

Tanker Accident Causes Petrol Spill On Ikorodu Road. / Hyacinth Takes Over Ikorodu Ferry Terminal In Lagos, Many Trapped (Photos) / Lagos State Govt Purchases A State Of The Art Machine To Clean Up Water Hyacinth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by MobilityExpress: 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blinkers:
They should be careful of pythons, though.

Crocodiles too, especially

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by madenigga(m): 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Me that has conquered the community I reside business wise in Rivers state with over 5businesses earning over half a 7figure. To be sincere Lagos scares me. The seriousness and competition there is too much.

Its only in Lagos that u would see a very small street would have over 3clubs or supermarket them no come play

Nice one, a very serious place to be. Whenever I look at Lagos I am somehow proud, if u know u are the best and u want to test yourself in this Nigeria go to Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
They better do so before anacondas begin to pay a visit to the neighbourhood

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by jayceeking: 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
This Nigeria Government sef. You can't use clear those things completely with manual labour.

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by HIPROFILE(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
REACTIVE NIGERIAN LEADERS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
madenigga:
B
You didn't make it cry

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by whitering: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
Don't tell we have government officials on Nairaland
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by madenigga(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

You didn't make it cry
LoL..
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Truthbites: 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
topcin:

Which method should they use? Are u not a Nigerian

Help me ask him if Naija is not only used to manual things? Voting nor be manual? Electricity na manual...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Abbeyme: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
Tina26:
98% of lagos is a sorry slum

Seems you reside in Hong Kong
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by lebron7(m): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
What of the hyacinth removal machines they got in 2016 tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by sylve11: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
This is nothing new.

People are complaining about SPDC divide and rule system, but you see those things up there? SPDC would have awarded it to local contractors to clear up as steady running contract in line with Local Content Act. Oya wait for indigenous company to come clear am for una na, na there you go old. embarassed cool
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Abbeyme: 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
madenigga:
Me that has conquered the community I reside business wise in Rivers state with over 5businesses earning over half a 7figure. To be sincere Lagos scares me. The seriousness and competition there is too much.

Its only in Lagos that u would see a very small street would have over 3clubs or supermarket una no fit pity unaselves.

Nice one, a very serious place to be. Whenever I look at Lagos I am somehow proud

You definitely have something important to say
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Abbeyme: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
lebron7:
What of the hyacinth removal machines they got in 2016 tongue

I guess the terrain is difference here!

Those aqua-vehicles appears like something that would only work on a plane or unhindered space with large surface area. But the works that need to be done at Ikorodu needs something that would go in corners and small spaces, so those machines there will not work.

My thoughts sha

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
Good job, Lagos my country.
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Edge1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Is there not a machine that can do this work faster and effectively? Why must we be doing like cavemen everytime? undecided

It's very disturbing, I swear

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by islandmoon: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
how is news worthy as Lagos state achievement? if I pay Barry 10k he will finished that job in 1 day
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Solsix(m): 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
Ovoko30:

Nigeria self. Why use manual method
Is even very risky. Look at that guy in the water no fear of infection or any aquatic animal

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by ZiriMane(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
those hyacinths didn't just grow overnight.
it's commendable it is already taken care of but must it get to this state before government does something about it?
after public outcry dey begin commot am
if public no complain nko¿

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by midnighter(f): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
subtlemee:
Won't it pose health risk to those doing it manually? Nigerians with always cutting corners,I'm sure they are trying to cut cost

As in shocked see that guy up to his neck in dirty water
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by CrystalMax: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
How did they let it spread that much before they did something?

Anyway, I once learnt that (water) hyacinth can be used to produce biogas, if they know better,it won't be wasted and seen a waste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Tospringe: 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
These people no dey fear Python

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by skukimania(f): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:
Good
If this happened in Imo, Ihedioha would blame Okorocha for the growth of the weeds.

If na Abia, Ikpeazu would give Abians kerosene to drink. Hungry Abians would then deny that there are no weeds there.

If it were in Enugu, Ugwuanyi would get to the river bank and start crying.

What of Anambra and Ebonyi?
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:
Good
If this happened in Imo, Ihedioha would blame Okorocha for the growth of the weeds.

If na Abia, Ikpeazu would give Abians kerosene to drink. Hungry Abians would then deny that there are no weeds there.

I dont think we have a governor here
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by ibietela2(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
Snake and other dangerous things o

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Wickedtruths: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
skukimania:

What of Anambra and Ebonyi?

Go back, I don add them.
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Wickedtruths: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Tina26:
98% of lagos is a sorry slum

Try to make progress in your life so that it is not only slums you would be able to afford.

1 Like

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by majamajic(m): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:
Good

In Ebonyi, Umahi would employ 4 labourers to cut the weeds and appoint 23 Special Assistants and 15 Senior Special Assistants over the "project".

If in Anambra, Obiano would print his face on Ankara, wear the Ankara to the site, pluck a single leaf, sign an MOU. By tomorrow, you would see a big signboard of "Willie is Working".

I prefer east than any other 6 regions in Nigeria ,

the peaceful atmosphere in East is second to none

if I should come from Nigeria again , it must be east

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by Wickedtruths: 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
majamajic:

I prefer east than any other 6 regions in Nigeria ,

the peaceful atmosphere in East is second to none

Are you sure?

Good for you bro.
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by majamajic(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:

Are you sure?

Good for you bro.

if u live in Enugu city , cheap food stuff, good food at restaurants, good road , smile u go home with a beautiful girl .
Re: Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins by midnighter(f): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
majamajic:

if u live in Enugu city , cheap food stuff, good food at restaurants,

Almost everybody I encounter from another state complains that Enugu people no sabi cook

I enjoyed the food there though but I hear a lot of complaints... wonder what the problem is

Their portion sizes can be a bit stingy sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

C&S Primary 6 Pupil Killed By BRT Bus On His Way To School In Ikorodu / Nigerian Man Dies At Canadian Border After Allegedly Resisting Deportation / My Trip To Chicago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.