Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG (10672 Views)

Tinubu Asks Security Agencies To Caution Obi Over Inciting Comments / Ephraim Nwuzi: Rivers Rep Arrested, Remanded In Prison For Inciting Comments / Obi, Datti Will Be Punished For Hate Speech If Tinubu Wins - Femi Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by calberian: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2019
Isn’t that what courts were set up for?

What if the case isn’t clear and the accused is in contest? What happens nextt
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by SirIconR(m): 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
Lai Muhammad... like say eh dey pain una right... you people were the pioneers of hate speech na. So u people knew it was this bad... God punish una

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by dukeprince50: 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
obojememe:
oppression 101...
This is not oppression, when I knew about Nairaland 2013, all I hear is lalasticlala, it took me time to know he is a moderator, the name was that popular.
But now when you open a thread, all u read is Igbo, potor potor republic, brown roof, Dullard, Atiku, Afo.nja, zone B and the rest. If the government didn't put an end to it, it will cause a massive problem in the future. just my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Realdeals(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
They also want NBC to start registering Web TV, I asked how that is possible, do they think it's like radio band or airwaves NBC controls.
They don't own YouTube, how could they be sure my audiences are from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by faithfull18(f): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Next level.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by godofuck231: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
How much for the lies and failed promises?

2 Likes

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Sonoyom(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
This Confused human at it again

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by dukeprince50: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
emeijeh:
FG shut up!

Shut up and work on the economy !
A divided house cannot stand, FG can't work on the economy when the little it does was not appreciated
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by midnighter(f): 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Extremely useless bunch of spoilt ogede... they have bound and gagged state television reporters...now they dont even want people to say their mind on the radio...mtchew!

why dont they fine themselves since they are the primary purveyors of hate speech in this country

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by webngnews: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
ohh
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by AsowebDesigns: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
Na WA oo

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
dukeprince50:
A divided house cannot stand, FG can't work on the economy when the little it does was not appreciated

Let a wife appreciate a man bringing home a cup of garri when 6 kids plus wife are hungry for two days.

Appreciate Buhari's little at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by estyvino(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
There was a country!!
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
PrickGetShoulder:
You can drop your hateful comments and finish it with love. Eg;
This government has been silly with their laws.
They disobey court orders and the President is a tribal bigot.

I say the above with love. cheesy

Homo-thunder fire Buhari's bumbum with love. grin

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
PrickGetShoulder:
You can drop your hateful comments and finish it with love. Eg;
This government has been silly with their laws.
They disobey court orders and the President is a tribal bigot.

I say the above with love. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Vikynas: 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
Nonsense let me even start it first foolish President and colleagues what about the political looters stupid government no penalty for them too chasing after innocent citizens because you know obviously that APC has failed Nigerians and people would air their views publicly so it's another strategy to shun them from talking about the Government that has failed.

3 Likes

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Antichristus: 11:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
ManirBK:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/broadcast-stations-to-pay-n5m-fine-for-hate-speech-inciting-comments.html?

Someone should please give this old man laced tea, the Russian style! Kilode no.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by felixawe(m): 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
Who's the founder of hate-speech ?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by EzekaUdenee: 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
[s]
YorubaNinja:
Did one na for dem chest-beaters wey go dey blame the whole world but themselves for their demise. grin
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Fallenhunter: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2019
They'll probably label all legitimate criticism, dissent and news they don't like as hate speech
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by berrystunn(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
ManirBK:
A right step in the right direction most of these FM stations do not respect the Broadcasting ethics.
Please let expand the penalty to bloggers and other social media handlers!

What about all the hate speech this group of people in APC gave to GEJ .

Awake .
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by DAYOODS(m): 11:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
UdechiHD:
This wonderful gesture should be extended to hate filled sites such as nairaland and not just radio stations.

Nairaland has been a blessing to many including you.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by FroshJaynex(m): 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
It is time, they'd use this to silence the masses against them, Increase the chains nd padlocks to lock down the nation wealth to themselves while playing politics with the lives Of The innocent citizens, It is time! Next will be the live military rule Of The 1960s been played back again right in our faces nd we'd be speechless nd hopeless, Only with full force on one voice can stop them! Else both Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba will be victims Of The next phase coming in the govt. Peace to y'all out there pls be safe nd never stop looking for a way to run ur ass out of that shithole like I did, if not for yourself but your unborn kids.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by jaxxy(m): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
This is obviously a biased thing simply because Apc is in power. We all know the level of hate speech Apc threw at Pdp when In opposition.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Justicealh3(m): 11:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
E their pain them now. .....
It just Fun na BaBa Pres.
Let Us av Fun in d Country na, aaba
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by fireinmyborns: 12:33am On Oct 12, 2019
This is a welcome development however there is also need for sanctions and fines for political parties that did not fulfill their promises and manifesto. Because this government has been lying without being punished but they want to punish people for lying.
My one kobo.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by holaruc(m): 12:45am On Oct 12, 2019
5m naira Fine for any hate speech against the present Government now passed into bill, inside life, NO FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH, ABEG MIND YOUR SPEECH 'soon SARS go hold you for Road, on behalf of hate speech if you no pay u r gone...
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by 3Ceagle(m): 1:38am On Oct 12, 2019
Those who want to clap for these government can go on. I am diligently working my way out of this country.Too many shenanigans.I will rather prefer to visit. The government is always swift and decisive when it come to punitive action against the masses but will never be that fast in alleviating the pains of the masses. Can they also use this method to cut down cost of governance, including the crazy cost of maintaining the legislatives across the country? Nigerians will see more pain. The primary duty of the citizens is to hold leaders accountable but here, citizens are expected to be praise singers to those in leadership irrespective of performance. Bush meat will soon catch the hunter , if only my people go get sense.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by bellotaofeek: 2:27am On Oct 12, 2019
We know how to do it .
This man is a Tyr**nt grin .
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 12, 2019
bunch of SELF-SERVING, redundant lunatics!
the shithole is on autopilot.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Apination(m): 4:31am On Oct 12, 2019
ManirBK:
A right step in the right direction most of these FM stations do not respect the Broadcasting ethics.
Please let expand the penalty to bloggers and other social media handlers!
What is hate? When can we say speech is hateful? Who decides when speech is hateful? How is it decided? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters / APC Chairman Promises To Work Towards Tinubu Presidency / Hon. Hashimu, 2000 Others Dump APC For PDP In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.