Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG (847 Views)

FG Okays Re-Opening Of Seme Border For Vehicle Importation / You Cannot Insist On Due Process For Igboho, Kanu & Deny It To Abba Kyari - FFK / Occupy Nigeria Protests The Issuance Of Certificate Of Return To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by AutoReportNG: 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
The Lagos State Government has stated that the process of obtaining vehicle registration documents and plate numbers remains transparent and efficient, urging vehicle owners to follow due process when applying for vehicle documentation.

The assertion was contained in an official statement issued today by the General Manager, Lagos State Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (MVAA), Mrs. Lape Kilanko, stressing that the procedure for vehicle registration, change of ownership and issuance of number plates, which involves several agencies of the State, has been digitalised to ensure a seamless and transparent process.

The General Manager disclosed that the operations of the agency are guided by the Lagos State Service Charter and, therefore, the process of registration conforms with international best practices.

Kilanko pointed out that the change of ownership process requires a letter of authorisation to enable the vehicle owner commence transfer to another party. The authorisation must also be supported with a police report; a sworn affidavit by the transferee; Central Motor Registry payment; a valid means of identification of the new owner and an up-to-date vehicle licence.

She stated further that all the aforementioned documents must be submitted to MVAA for further processing, adding that the fees payable for the process include Change of Ownership Fee - N2,500; Capital Gains Tax - N625; Number Plate Fee - N12,500; while the pre-registration inspection fee (by the Vehicle Inspection Service Directorate) is N3,800, there is a Central Motor Registry Fee of N1,000 and an administrative charge of N2,000.
She pointed out that a minimum of N3,900 is also charged on the issuance of a vehicle licence to the new owner, depending on the automobile capacity, stating the re-registration of a vehicle would not be approved until all outstanding arrears are paid.

While disclosing that the Agency is not mandated to issue insurance and roadworthiness documents to vehicle owners, as there are other agencies responsible for the issuance, Kilanko encouraged applicants to seek assistance from employees of the agency whenever in doubt.

She stated that some of the documents required for a Change of Ownership process include the old registration form ‘MVAA 01’, proof of ownership, valid Vehicle Licence, Receipt of Purchase, Letter of Authority to effect change of ownership, Sworn Affidavit by the new owner, Police Report to support Change of Ownership, CMR Information for Change of Ownership and a Means of Identification (National ID/ Drivers Licence).

The General Manager encouraged members of the public to visit any of the 52 contact stations of the Agency across the State for more clarification on the processes of obtaining the required documents for their vehicles.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/10/process-for-vehicle-registration-number.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by AutoReportNG: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
MVAA needs to sit up, it takes months for a number plate to be processed, we hope they revamp and change most of their staffs

1 Like

Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by tillaman(m): 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
ok
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by pattybf(f): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by pattybf(f): 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
Why is this looking different from d job I ve been doing?

I hope to see a new price list by monday, going by what is posted here!

And when did this site start working again? Let me check
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 12:28am On Oct 12, 2019
This lagos state site to confirm car registration is not working since 3 Months, please house help me with the correct site.

1 Like

Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by ladilawal82(m): 4:38am On Oct 12, 2019
Can't they just add up everything and tell me the total figure to pay? grin
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2019
The site lsmvaa is showing Data error

1 Like

Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by owolabi5: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2019
Madam please include all the unofficial charges imposed by your boys and girls and stop misleading the public.

If you know, you know!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2019
Please somebody should help me with the correct Lsmvaa site, I cannot check my new vehicle license since 3 months now Lsmvaa shows Data error and Frsc shows invalidated, what is the problem I have spoken with the person that registerred it in Lagos and he said there is no issue with the plate number and this is not the first time he registered car for me, I went to obtain Tinted Glass Permit , the policeman checked and said it is not uploaded and I should tell the person that registered it to upload it and one Frsc woman wanted to help but she couldn't , she said Lagos plate number is giving them problem to upload and there are so much fake Plate Numbers in Lagos. Please I need your help.

1 Like

Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by vikithor(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2019
same way some agency,FRSC,for instance will tell you driving license is #6500, hidden or unmentioned charges are there smiling,bank has taught them way of stealing .

Learn how to drive very well.

1 Like

Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Please Nairalanders I need help ooooooooooooo Please somebody should help me with the correct Lsmvaa site, I cannot check my new vehicle license since 3 months now Lsmvaa shows Data error and Frsc shows invalidated, what is the problem I have spoken with the person that registerred it in Lagos and he said there is no issue with the plate number and this is not the first time he registered car for me, I went to obtain Tinted Glass Permit , the policeman checked and said it is not uploaded and I should tell the person that registered it to upload it and one Frsc woman wanted to help but she couldn't , she said Lagos plate number is giving them problem to upload and there are so much fake Plate Numbers in Lagos. Please I need your help.
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by agabusta: 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
Liars! If you want to go the official payment route what they keep telling you at all their offices is that plate nos is not available.
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Please help oooooo
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Still waiting
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
Please Nairalanders I need help ooooooooooooo Please somebody should help me with the correct Lsmvaa site, I cannot check my new vehicle license since 3 months now Lsmvaa shows Data error and Frsc shows invalidated, what is the problem I have spoken with the person that registerred it in Lagos and he said there is no issue with the plate number and this is not the first time he registered car for me, I went to obtain Tinted Glass Permit , the policeman checked and said it is not uploaded and I should tell the person that registered it to upload it and one Frsc woman wanted to help but she couldn't , she said Lagos plate number is giving them problem to upload and there are so much fake Plate Numbers in Lagos. Please I need your help.
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by StCapital: 6:37am On Oct 13, 2019
Good morning my people, Please somebody should help me with the correct Lsmvaa site, I cannot check my new vehicle license since 3 months now Lsmvaa shows Data error and Frsc shows invalidated, what is the problem I have spoken with the person that registerred it in Lagos and he said there is no issue with the plate number and this is not the first time he registered car for me, I went to obtain Tinted Glass Permit , the policeman checked and said it is not uploaded and I should tell the person that registered it to upload it and one Frsc woman wanted to help but she couldn't , she said Lagos plate number is giving them problem to upload and there are so much fake Plate Numbers in Lagos. Please I need your help.
Re: Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG by princemillla(m): 7:46am On Oct 13, 2019
Total 26, 425 naira and some agent will charge u 50k to 60k to process this for you, untop of it all it will be fake.

I will rather walk into their office an have my license processed

Issuance 5k
Road worthiness 2500 to 3k depending on vehicle.

Nija is blessed

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Returns To Abuja (Photo) / PHOTO: Us Didn't Deny Fayemi Visa, Gov Withdrew Passport To Apply Syrian Visa / Nigerian Laws Doesn't Require Certificate For Elections - Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.