Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,015 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems (1392 Views)

Before Installing Windows 11 On Older Computer Systems / Full Meanings Of Some Virtual Networking Systems You May Not Know / Potential Security Threats To Your Computer Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by spafu(m): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
Information reaching me from a beneficiary has it that the computer systems provided by the government to the Npower Tech Software trainees holding their training in Abuja are on AMD processor. My question is, why will the government provide the people it intends to empower, as a way reducing unemployment, with systems whose processors have a reputation of heating problem? And not only that, they easily get parked up.
How will these trainees be empowered when their laptops could easily park up without notice and without the slightest chance of being repaired. How could anyone go for for AMD in place of Intel? And to had salt to injury, the Npower people didn't deem it fit to supply these systems with cooling systems.
Computers on AMD were not made for the African terrain but for cold weathers.
Mynd44
Dominique
Lalasticlala
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by clintz(m): 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
One of the ungrateful ones identified

2 Likes

Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by MountainView: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
This is Nigeria
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by MountainView: 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
clintz:

Bro,this is the government we are talking about, not some NGO
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by spafu(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
clintz:
I have used AMD in the past and it didn't last me a year, and I have a friend that has had a similar experience. And when this beneficiary told me of the type of system they were given to work with and its processor, my heart felt for him and the others, because I know what awaits most of them. So am I suppose to be grateful to the government for giving it's programme beneficiaries, Laptop that would park before they start serving them? What becomes of the saying whatever is worth doing is worth doing well?
How do we want things to work when we will purposely do that which ain't right?
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by nappy760(m): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
My system is AMD [s][/s]
though I notice it can get hot whenever I am running a program using high processor capacity.I don't think it's that bad although my system came with an emmc 32GB which uses little current compared to harddisk drives with moving parts.
I changed it to a 256Gb ssd.
System has no CD drive so less current is being used hence reduce heating.
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by spafu(m): 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
nappy760:
My system is AMD [s][/s]
though I notice it can get hot whenever I am running a program using high processor capacity.I don't think it's that bad although my system came with an emmc 32GB which uses little current compared to harddisk drives with moving parts.
I changed it to a 256Gb ssd.
System has no CD drive so less current is being used hence reduce heating.

So I should tell him there is hope on the horizon?
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by clintz(m): 11:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
For your information, AMD and Intel are the two giants in terms of cpu. A little google search will give you a clear comparison between the two cpus but incase you are too tired to search, see my search https://www.wepc.com/tips/amd-vs-intel-gaming/ . AMD systems are not bad and in fact for software programming training, they will just do fine.
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by nappy760(m): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2019
clintz:
For your information, AMD and Intel are the two giants in terms of cpu. A little google search will give you a clear comparison between the two cpus but incase you are too tired to search, see my search https://www.wepc.com/tips/amd-vs-intel-gaming/ . AMD systems are not bad and in fact for software programming training, they will just do fine.

Thanks
At least I run various IDE's , like VS studio, VS code , Python idle,...
Although that Android studio ehn grin, is kinda heavy
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by spafu(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2019
Lalasticlala, Kodewrita, Javanian, lordZOUGA, let's have other people take on this thread.
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by spafu(m): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2019
I asked the beneficiary the send me more details about the system and here is the snapshot of the laptops' property.
nappy760
clintz
Does this still meet the expectation you have of this AMD?
I know that when when my own laptop with AMD processor parked up and could not be fixed, the engineers at the firm I'd taken it to told me that system running on AMD were not made for the African heat, they were meant for lold regions of Europe and America. Now clintz you asked me to Goole about AMD, did you also take time to Google if AMD does have heating issue?
I don't know why we feel that anytime one raises a concern over a government work it means one is against the government. No, when things are not done the right ways (in our eyes) it is everyone's responsibility to raise up the issue so that a remedy could be done. If the system are of high quality, there would be nothing wrong in the people that supply them allaying my fear and enlightening me more on why they think this were the best systems for these beneficiaries. But if just a 30% of the systems were to suffer the fate of mine and my friend's, then the objective would have been defeated. Would they have made enough money to replace the systems, since when mine and my friend's systems parked up, they couldn't be repaired.

Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by nappy760(m): 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
spafu:
I asked the beneficiary the send me more details about the system and here is the snapshot of the laptops' property.
nappy760
clintz
Does this still meet the expectation you have of this AMD?
I know that when when my own laptop with AMD processor parked up and could not be fixed, the engineers at the firm I'd taken it to told me that system running on AMD were not made for the African heat, they were meant for lold regions of Europe and America. Now clintz you asked me to Goole about AMD, did you also take time to Google if AMD does have heating issue?
I don't know why we feel that anytime one raises a concern over a government work it means one is against the government. No, when things are not done the right ways (in our eyes) it is everyone's responsibility to raise up the issue so that a remedy could be done. If the system are of high quality, there would be nothing wrong in the people that supply them allaying my fear and enlightening me more on why they think this were the best systems for these beneficiaries. But if just a 30% of the systems were to suffer the fate of mine and my friend's, then the objective would have been defeated. Would they have made enough money to replace the systems, since when mine and my friend's systems parked up, they couldn't be repaired.

This is my systems exact spec grin
Mine is even 1.8Ghz
I guess the price of this system make them pocket friendly .
I will just advice users to possibly change to hdd to ssd if they can and also to not run many high processor consuming apps at a time
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by spafu(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
nappy760:

This is my systems exact spec grin
Mine is even 1.8Ghz
I guess the price of this system make them pocket friendly .
I will just advice users to possibly change to hdd to ssd if they can and also to not run many high processor consuming apps at a time
I wish many of the beneficiaries will see this and implement your advice. I hope npowerng will pass across this message to them.
Re: Npower Tech Software:right Or Wromg Computer Systems by upower123(m): 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
I want

(1) (Reply)

Clearance Sale: 13" Macbook Air For #140K. / Help Needed, My Cd Rom Drive Can't Be Located On My Pc / Softwares You Must Have On Your Laptop Or Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.