Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Que Sera Sera - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Que Sera Sera (341 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Que Sera Sera by Regwrites(f): 12:39am On Oct 12, 2019
As I write this down I remember the rhyme "que sera sera". I personally do not agree with this phrase. It sounds like leaving things to fate when we can actually do something about situations.

But this phrase is the perfect description of a cool evening a month ago or two.

I was adjusting my braided wig for several minutes and my very intelligent friend, Agnes interrupted me;

"Reg, you are already beautiful. Leave the wig alone."

"I have to go for an important meeting and I can't allow it to fall off." I continued with the wig adjustment and gave up after a few seconds.

We were hours into the meeting and I was getting worn out. It was a very crucial meeting and I did my best to stay alert.

I decided I needed to stretch my arms and rest my back a little. As I tilted my head slightly, oops the wig fell off.

Well, my oh my, the torrential outburst of laughter that followed kept me alert all through the meeting. I decided then to add a joke to it so that my ego wouldn't be bruised further. With the help of my caring neighbour I set the wig in place and the meeting continued as it should

So my conclusion; there will be a few "que sera sera" in life but your response determines everything.

"Que sera sera" is a phrase probably of Spanish origin which means "whatever will be will be"

For more works by reg writes visit the link below:

https://regwritesblog./2019/10/07/que-sera-sera/

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Past Is Not A Good Place To Live / Colourless Rainbow - Episode 6 / I Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.