Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

The World Marathon Record Broken Under 2 Hours By Eliud Kipchoge - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The World Marathon Record Broken Under 2 Hours By Eliud Kipchoge (409 Views)

World Marathon Record Holder, Kelvin Kiptum, Dies In A Car Crash. / Hilda Baci Has Broken The Former Record For Longest Cooking Hours By An Individu / Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Marathon Record Broken Under 2 Hours By Eliud Kipchoge by TheWestTV: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2019
Eliud Kipchoge has become the first runner to finish a marathon in under two hours.

The 34-year-old Kenyan completed the course in Vienna, in an incredible one hour, 59 minutes and 40 seconds.

Kipchoge was racing alone but assisted by 41 pacemakers, including former Olympic and world record holders, in his attempt to achieve the milestone.

The time will not be an official world record but is nonetheless a historic moment in distance running.

The INEOS 1:59 Challenge was Kipchoge's second shot at the record after missing out by 25 seconds in his first attempt in Monza two years ago.

Kipchoge was even able to wave to the crowds as he sprinted towards the finish line, where his wife Grace greeted him.

In jubilant scenes Kipchoge was somehow able to keep running as he celebrated with the crowd before being hugged by his INEOS team-mates.

Afterwards he told the BBC: 'I am feeling good. After Roger Bannister in 1954 it took another 63 years, I tried and I did not get it.

'After 65 years, I am the first man! I want to inspire many people, that no human is limited.'

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-7565337/Eliud-Kipchoge-begins-attempt-beat-two-hour-marathon-barrier-Vienna.html

Cc: seun r231 Freiburger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The World Marathon Record Broken Under 2 Hours By Eliud Kipchoge by Commentor: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2019
The shoes are said to be involved.

I'm not saying it's the only factor.
grin
Re: The World Marathon Record Broken Under 2 Hours By Eliud Kipchoge by EzekaUdenee: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
The shoes are said to be involved.

I'm not saying it's the only factor.
grin
[/s]
Re: The World Marathon Record Broken Under 2 Hours By Eliud Kipchoge by SchoolNaScam001: 10:22am On Oct 12, 2019
Wow ! Impressive.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Driver Carries Full-grown Cow In The Boot Of Toyota Corolla Sedan / The All New Samsung Galaxy A71 Is Here - See Details / Meet The Inventor Of Copy And Paste (larry Tesler)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.