Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (987 Views)

Increasing Suicide — Be Careful What Your Children Consume / Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos / Culture Vs Legal Law: Who Owns The Child??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 12, 2019
When will assisted suicide be made legal in Nigeria?
When will we realise that people should have rights to their own life.
We didn't choose to come to this world, but at least we should be allowed to decide if we want to remain in this world. We are not slaves that must exist just to keep the "human race" alive.

2 Likes

Re: by saucecoder: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2019
Are you sure you're not mistaking euthanasia for assisted suicide? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: by Fortissimo502: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
saucecoder:
Are you sure you're not mistaking euthanasia for assisted suicide? cheesy
Euthanasia is different because it's usually associated with chronic and unbearable illness etc. The OP just wants to be able to go whenever he/she whats to.
Re: by saucecoder: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
Fortissimo502:

Euthanasia is different because it's usually associated with chronic and unbearable illness etc. The OP just wants to be able to go whenever he/she whats to.
Exactly what I thought.
There is no country in the world where assisted suicide is legal, euthanasia maybe, but not assisted suicide. Sorry squillaci, you go live very long and prosper grin

6 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
OP you are a wise man.

OP is looking for who to blame for his death when he’s finally faced with judgment.

1 Like

Re: by tillaman(m): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Fortissimo502:

very correct,Euthanasia is only an option when the sickness is incurable and the pain becomes unbearable, with the consent of the victims loved ones, Op no one is escaping ooo we are all in this together

1 Like

Re: by Exponental(m): 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
Squillaci:
We didn't choose to come to this world, but at least we should be allowed to decide if we want to remain in this world. We are not slaves that must exist just to keep the "human race" alive.
Why do you need it to be legal? Show me one person that did it and was sued for it?
If you are depressed, ask for help. So many people sacrificed for you to get to where you are, suicide shows you ain't grateful.

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Exponental:
Why do you need it to be legal? Show me one person that did it and was sued for it?
If you are depressed, ask for help. So many people sacrificed for you to get to where you are, suicide shows you ain't grateful.
Yeah, they must have sacrificed for their selfish interests.

3 Likes

Re: by midnighter(f): 12:03am On Oct 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 13, 2019
saucecoder:

Exactly what I thought.
There is no country in the world where assisted suicide is legal, euthanasia maybe, but not assisted suicide. Sorry squillaci, you go live very long and prosper grin
Physician-assisted suicide is legal in Canada [known as MAiD - Medical Assistance in Dying], some states in the US, and in several countries in Europe where requests from both legal adults as well as minors [under strict circumstances] can be granted. E.g. Belgium and the Netherlands.
Re: by ifyalways(f): 6:11am On Oct 13, 2019
Squillaci:
After they make abortion legal smiley

4 Likes

Re: by saucecoder: 7:37am On Oct 13, 2019
theButterfly:
Physician-assisted suicide is legal in Canada [known as MAiD - Medical Assistance in Dying], some states in the US, and in several countries in Europe where requests from both legal adults as well as minors [under strict circumstances] can be granted. E.g. Belgium and the Netherlands.
That is euthanasia, not what your friend is interested in. cheesy

This one just wants to wake up and choose to die with the assistance of a doctor, no guts to do it himself.

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2019
saucecoder:

This one just wants to wake up and choose to die with the assistance of a doctor, no guts to do it himself.
I have no guts because I am also scared of the suicide attempt not working, and the effects. I don't want a case were I will be too disabled to even attempt another one.
I want a professional, as I will be sure that there will be no failure.
I know someone who shot himself in the head. The bullet missed the vital areas of the brain, but left him paralyzed for life. Now he is stuck here under the "care" of people who will never want to kill him. So basically, he is fvcked.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 13, 2019
ifyalways:
After they make abortion legal smiley
At least in abortion the baby is not capable of consent.
An adult should have the right to decide if he wants to continue on this earth or not.

1 Like

Re: by saucecoder: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2019
Squillaci:

I have no guts because I am also scared of the suicide attempt not working, and the effects. I don't want a case were I will be too disabled to even attempt another one.
I want a professional, as I will be sure that there will be no failure.
I know someone who shot himself in the head. The bullet missed the vital areas of the brain, but left him paralyzed for life. Now he is stuck here under the "care" of people who will never want to kill him. So basically, he is fvcked.
Son of God, you are not ready to die. Let us just enjoy this life together, na we we.
E no good today no mean say e no go better tomorrow, I mean take a look at cococandy and what God did in her life.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2019
saucecoder:

Son of God, you are not ready to die. Let us just enjoy this life together, na we we.
E no good today no mean say e no go better tomorrow, I mean take a look at cococandy and what God did in her life.
What happened to her.
Re: by saucecoder: 9:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Squillaci:

What happened to her.
My brother, Iz a story of nothing to something, zero to hero.
Life na patience.

You go enjoy, no worry cool
Re: by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2019
saucecoder:

What I described up there is physician-assisted suicide. Physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia are not the same.
Re: by BetterPoison: 11:59am On Oct 13, 2019
You people should stop all these kind of threads.
Depression is real

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
BetterPoison:
You people should stop all these kind of threads.
Depression is real
Asin?
Re: by saucecoder: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
theButterfly:
What I described up there is physician-assisted suicide. Physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia are not the same.
Okay o butterfly
Re: by Exponental(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Squillaci:

Yeah, they must have sacrificed for their selfish interests.
Like your mother should have aborted you?
Used you for a bomb experiment??
Or betterstill used as money rituals by your parents
No gain in suicide..... The other side may be worse for suiciders.
Re: by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
Exponental:

Like your mother should have aborted you?
Used you for a bomb experiment??
Or betterstill used as money rituals by your parents
No gain in suicide..... The other side may be worse for suiciders.
It would have been better if I were a still birth.
My "younger" sister was a stillborn. Lucky bast@rd.
Re: by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
It will be legalized when we have assisted you adequately. grin
Re: by tonididdy(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Squillaci:
Pls mention me here. I can't access my email

(1) (Reply)

Happy Dad Recreates A Past Photo Of Him And Daughter At Daughter's Call To Bar / Woman Wetting Bed Too Much / Port Harcourt ENJOYMENT With My BILLIONAIRE Sister, NELO Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.