Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) (17327 Views)

Berlin Marathon 2023!Eliud Kipchoge Claims Fifth Race Win. / The World Marathon Record Broken Under 2 Hours By Eliud Kipchoge / First Photos From 2019 AFCON Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by staymore: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
Slurity:
This man look 54 and not 34

54 can not have that kind of energy to run
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by Legendguru: 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
smiley
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by ChristmasBells: 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
African superman!
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by mctfopt: 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
charlsecy:
No. Bolt was a sprinter, not a marathoner.

What does the pacemaker do for him with regard to completing the feat?

For optimum performance on a long distance run in a flat terrain, each runner needs to follow their own optimum pace as opposed to a fluctuating pace. Randomly fluctuating pace consumes more energy for the same finish time. Keeping awareness of the current pace at any given point consumes mental energy which could be spent elsewhere. The relatively easiest method of sticking to a known pace is to follow a runner who is known or expected to concentrate on a specific pace known in advance
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by mctfopt: 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2019
zynzyn:

Abi?!

I think say na only me!

Which would make the feat more remarkable! cheesy

helinues:
Respect to him

But he looks older than 34 years ooo

Strenuous exercise gives you the appearance of an older person. Dude is super fit and possible not a day above his stated age. I congratulated myself for running less than a quarter of what he did under one hour. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by helinues: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
mctfopt:

Strenuous exercise gives you the appearance of an older person. Dude is super fit and possible not a day above his stated age. I congratulated myself for running less than a quarter of what he did under one hour. Lol.

I agree.. But that age is sports age.. Hope you have seen pictures of his wife sha?
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by rexandyke(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:

For Horse grin
You missed the fp tongue

You are not just nice Aunty cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by Jaymaestro(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
There's a place , a spot , a space for everyone in this world , where only they can dazzle in the said spotlight.
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by Discovery4today: 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by Discovery4today: 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2019
Sportdab:
Eliud Kipchoge has become the first athlete to run a marathon in under two hours, beating the mark by 20 seconds, MySportDab reports.

The Kenyan, 34, covered the 26.2 miles (42.2km) in one hour 59 minutes 40 seconds in the Ineos 1:59 Challenge in Vienna, Austria on Saturday.

It will not be recognised as the official marathon world record because it was not in open competition and he used a team of rotating pacemakers.

"This shows no-one is limited," said Kipchoge.

"Now I've done it, I am expecting more people to do it after me."
watch the video...

https://twitter.com/EliudKipchoge/status/1182934782684123136?s=19

Source: https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/10/wow-kenyan-eliud-kipchoge-becomes-first.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8tcP8NRApk
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by Glycosunde: 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
GenBuhari:
I would honestly struggle to sprint 100m in 17sec that is the average speed this guy is travelling over the entire 26miles! I would honestly struggle to sprint 100m in 17sec that is the average speed this guy is travelling over the entire 26miles!

if u read my comment correctly, u will c dat I am happy n I gave him kudos bcus it is not an easy feat but just lyk dey said it can't b d official new record because of d points I made earlier. In a more standardized race, more competent athletes will b der 2 compete wt him n he won't b wearing a pacemaker. But in all he did excellently well n might even replicate it in a more standard event
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by BOBAN2710: 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
y are we like dis in africa abeg how come dis man go be 34 years of age. infact i don give up.
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Congratulations!
This guy must be 40 to 47yrs
Re: Eliud Kipchoge Completes Marathon In Two Hours, Becomes The First (Photos) by OyinO: 12:23am On Oct 13, 2019
Superman! Outstanding feat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fernando Torres Announces Retirement / AFCON 2021: Ivory Coast Vs Sierra Leone (2 - 2) On 16th January 2022 / Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.