Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims (22647 Views)

Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog / US Approves First Gene Therapies To Treat Sickle Cell Patients / World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by Emyogalanya: 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Suffering and Smiling gene just another way of saying Nigerians are the most Stupid people on earth. And this Virus developed in the west , if not how can that murIc guy Dare to say Buhari is the best president since independence
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by paix(m): 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
God knew from the beginning that we shall get bad leaders in this country. So we're created with high level of resiliency. We're commonly known as the shock absorbers.
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by Emilokoiyawon: 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
When are we gonna have the gene of technological development?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by ruffDiamond: 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
yeah, suffering and smiling gene... nonsense

I no dey that yeye category..trust me I be Fela disciple...if u know pay me after work,be ready for anything
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by Burgerlomo: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Magichand:
Better Suffering and smiling gene grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
stoopid people are always happy because they are simple minded
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by nextstep(m): 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
Taink you.

It's also that same gene that makes us think we're smart when we skip lines, cheat the system, or get away with something.
That gene that turns us into mumu and hail incompetency in leaders.
It's that same gene that makes us wait for "Baba God to bless us with undeserved favor". I so hate this line.

Please remove that gene so we can start working hard and progressing our country like the rest of humanity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by Masterdazhem: 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Suffer suffer suffer suffer
Suffer for World
Na your fault be that
Me I say na your fault be that
Suffer suffer for World

Enjoy for Heaven
CHORUS: Amen
Christians go dey yab*
“ In Spiritum Heavinus”
Moslems go dey call
“Allah wa Akbar”

Open your eye everywhere
Archbishop na miliki*
Pope na enjoyment
Imam na gbaladun*

Archbishop dey enjoy (with chorus)
Pope self dey enjoy (with chorus)
Imam self dey enjoy (with chorus)
My brother wetin* you say? (with chorus)
My brother wetin you say? (with chorus)

My sister wetin you go hear?
My sister wetin you go hear?
Archbishop dey for London
Pope dey for Rome
My people – them go dey follow Bishop
Them go follow Pope
Them go follow Imam
Them go go for London
Them go go for Rome
Them go go for Mecca
Them go carry all the money
Them go juba* Bishop
Juba Pope
Juba Imam
Them go start to yab themselves

Every day – for house
Every day – for road
Every day – for bus
Every day – for work
My people my people my people
Every day my people inside bus
CHORUS: Suffering and smiling
Forty-nine sitting forty-nine standing
Them go pack themselves in like sardine
Them dey faint, them dey wake like cock
Them go reach house water no dey
Them go reach bed power no dey
Them go reach road go-slow go come
Them go reach road police go slap
Them go reach road army go whip
Them go look pocket money no dey
Every day na the same thing

Suffer suffer for World
Enjoy for Heaven
Christians go dey jab
“ In Spiritum Heavinus”
Moslems go dey call
“Allah wa Akbar”

How many many you go make
CHORUS: Many many
Suffer suffer for world
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by ToyinDipo(m): 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2019
That's a brain numbing gene

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by greatbrian(m): 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
No matter how bad the economy is someone must just do something controversial to trend and make the country happy. Formerly it was tacha later Buhari Wedding I wonder what will happen tomorrow to put a smile on our faces for the week ahead.

In short we are all mad in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by VicM6: 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
in 5 words, makes them happy in poverty.
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by VicM6: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
greatbrian:
No matter how bad the economy is someone must just do something controversial to trend and make the country happy. Formerly it was tacha later Buhari Wedding I wonder what will happen tomorrow to put a smile on our faces for the week ahead.

In short we are all mad in Nigeria
I attended the wedding o.... no be small gbe body buhari dance fah... grin
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by Fidelismaria: 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thrash

Crap

Nonsense
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by LocalNietzsche: 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
midnighter:
Lol it must be triggered by excessive suffer, to stop you from committing suicide

Unfortunately it has made us too playful... we dont care about serious issues again

In fact there is a serious stereotype that people believe worldwide that black people are somehow "less sensitive to pain"..it causes a lot of problems when we go for medical treatment because doctors/nurses dont take us seriously and more of us end up dying as a result

It has its roots in slavery because people believed us to be sub-human or "animal-like" and it still affects how people perceive us today

Look up the story of what happened to Serena Williams when she went to give birth to her daughter... i dont really appreciate this kind of research even if its true
These adaptations can be defined by factors that are much older. People that live in tropical areas live in paradise (climate speaking). Prove includes our length of night and day is kind of a balance. Unlike in temperate zones where length of winter is associated with high depression. There is something about light and warmth that affects humans mood.
It is a disadvantage only when you consider depression something positive. I do consider it as positive because depression is a manifestion of anxiety, anxiety is associated with self-consciousness. Self-consciousness is associated with attention. Attention is focus which increases the intensity of awareness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by KENFERDYOORI(m): 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
Happiness is an inside job....
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by ZoeyJ(f): 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by HerCuteness(f): 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
Correctgist:
According to a new study, people who rate themselves as the happiest are more likely to share a certain gene.

A researcher in a recent summit claimed that this holds true for countries like Nigeria.

For the study, the researcher used data from the World Values Survey (WVS) he gathered.

The WVS is a global research project itself, looking into peoples’ values and beliefs, and how they change over time and in response to what.

From this, she figured out the average percentage of people who reported to be “very happy” from countries around the world, and then looked at climatic data, prevalence of disease, World Bank economic data, and population genetics.

According to the researcher, she found a “strong correlation” between the happiness of a nation and the prevalence of a particular variant of the fatty acid amide hydrolase, or “FAAH,” gene.

This, they say, prevents the breakdown of a particular chemical, anandamide, known to enhance “sensory pleasure” while helping to “reduce pain.”

Those countries that have populations with the highest proportion of the gene variant also report themselves to be the happiest, she said.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3hioQDA8i_/?igshid=1avh5325ycmq8

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerians-have-a-special-gene-that-makes-them-happy-researcher-claims/

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by HerCuteness(f): 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
Correctgist:
According to a new study, people who rate themselves as the happiest are more likely to share a certain gene.

A researcher in a recent summit claimed that this holds true for countries like Nigeria.

For the study, the researcher used data from the World Values Survey (WVS) he gathered.

The WVS is a global research project itself, looking into peoples’ values and beliefs, and how they change over time and in response to what.

From this, she figured out the average percentage of people who reported to be “very happy” from countries around the world, and then looked at climatic data, prevalence of disease, World Bank economic data, and population genetics.

According to the researcher, she found a “strong correlation” between the happiness of a nation and the prevalence of a particular variant of the fatty acid amide hydrolase, or “FAAH,” gene.

This, they say, prevents the breakdown of a particular chemical, anandamide, known to enhance “sensory pleasure” while helping to “reduce pain.”

Those countries that have populations with the highest proportion of the gene variant also report themselves to be the happiest, she said.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3hioQDA8i_/?igshid=1avh5325ycmq8

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerians-have-a-special-gene-that-makes-them-happy-researcher-claims/

Is this a joke? when im depressed here

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by midnighter(f): 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
LocalNietzsche:
These adaptations can be defined by factors that are much older. People that live in tropical areas live in paradise (climate speaking). Prove includes our length of night and day is kind of a balance. Unlike in temperate zones where length of winter is associated with high depression. There is something about light and warmth that affects humans mood.
It is a disadvantage only when you consider depression something positive. I do consider it as positive because depression is a manifestion of anxiety, anxiety is associated with self-consciousness. Self-consciousness is associated with attention. Attention is focus which increases the intensity of awareness.

Yes, the thought crossed my mind that the dissatisfaction that those western nations feel may be what spurs them on to work even harder to make life better for themselves

Being satisfied is actually kind of bad for progress, isnt it? You dont make an effort to improve if you are content

We live in paradise but we also live close to the equator and there are some schools of thought that say that our intemperate climate reduces agricultural yield and reduces our productivity, which has a knock-on effect on our overall quality of life

We also still have too much of a problem with malaria and its complications

I agree that living in a place with more sunlight would have some protective effects against depression...some countries have seasons where they experience darkness by 4PM until maybe 8AM the following morning and it messes a lot of people up psychologically

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by yom2(m): 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2019
Olyroks:
That is why it's so difficult to sell the idea of War to an average Nigeria despite all we've been thru', we love life and happy to live it to the fullest
do we really live it to the fullest compared to others?
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by aminusodiq(m): 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
ornicus:
The happiness gene died with gej. Now we have the wailing gene
gej is still alive na
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by dorispray: 11:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
Foolish research from mad people.
The only special genes possessed by an average Nigerian is that of "fraud and corruption"
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by sacx: 12:06am On Oct 13, 2019
This seems a logical explanation. We are all mad in this country grin
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by InvertedHammer: 2:16am On Oct 13, 2019
/
If you live in any of the developed countries, take an I.Q test before going to Nigeria. Repeat another I.Q test after being in Nigeria for at least a month.

The result will shock you. Only then can you understand the animal called a Nigerian

/
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by kenx1(m): 3:15am On Oct 13, 2019
5suffering and smiling
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by kenx1(m): 3:15am On Oct 13, 2019
kenx1:
suffering and smiling
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 13, 2019
Joker gene??
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by dederocs(m): 7:01am On Oct 13, 2019
It's rather a syndrome.... suffering and smiling syndrome.
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by mabea: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2019
blackboy:
If what they call happiness is what Nigerians feel then I that happiness must not be the same as joy. I live in Nigeria , which happiness. Small thing na fight or shout or kill or jungle justice or ... No one should deceive us or me.
There's a clear difference between happiness and joy. Happiness is induced while joy is from within.
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by AmUmokeme(m): 8:57am On Oct 13, 2019
So true I see no reason we should b suffering and smilling
Re: Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims by evy800(f): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2019
We are a long shot from happy... they should keep their research findings to themselves or better still come down here, live in this awful conditions and then when they say we are a happy people I'll believe them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Shares Story Of Her Son With Partially Damaged Brain / Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used / FG Introduces Pain-relieving Drug For Cancer, HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.