Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise (996 Views)

Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC / 16 Pictures You Can Relate To If You Had An NYSC Relationship / NYSC 2017 Batch B Stream 2 Prospective Corp Member. Let Us Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Ahamefuna0001(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Good day dear readers my name is Ahamefuna a Batch A corp member currently serving in a small private school in Kaduna state, the school is an upcoming school which is just three years old so it solely relied on corp members, the school was owner by a man who we call Director and due to his busy schedule, his wife helps in managing it, telling u what to do, drafting out timetable and various Rouster of school activities etc. They both makes all the decisions concerning the school, they had six corp members of which I am among, provided us with a suitable accommodation and pay us a monthly stipend of #3,000 which they later increased to #5,000 due to NYSC intervention, I was saddled with great responsibility in the school both in administrative duties and as a tutor, the school have just nursery, primary and junior secondary section with the junior secondary section, I was given four subjects to handle in the junior secondary section which includes mathematics, basic science, cultural and creative art and business studies of which I handled loyally despite the stress in writing lesson note, lesson plan and teaching of JSS1 and JSS2, just few weeks to the entrance of this first term session the Director (that's how we call the owner of the school) sacked the Headmistress of the school (a woman who doubles as Headmistress and Primary 1 teacher) for some reasons which are unknown to me, after her sack I became the acting headmaster, a young corp member doubling as a teacher and a headmaster Lol, Just recently on a fateful Tuesday I was called up by a job in a big company in Delta state which I applied with my ND result in 2018 after series of Technical, Aptitude and Oral( interview) test that I've been selected and am to report to the job on Thursday . The employment came so urgent that I had to go meet the director in his house which is withing the school premises not far from our corpers lodge accommodation that very Tuesday night and discussed with him, he then refered me to his wife of which I discussed with her the following Wednesday morning before commencing my duty in school, she then told me that they don't have the power to release me that I should go talk to the LGI, if he allows me then good. I then went to our Local government NYSC Secretariat to see the LGI but he was not around, they told me he'll be back on Monday. been that I didn't have the luxury of time, I travelled that very Thursday to go secure the job first but before travelling I collected the LGI's number and called him, explaining my situation to him but he said there's nothing he can do and he's a man of integrity who would not want to soil his image with whatever offer I'm making. In my absence the Director called our former LGI who was his friend and reported me, The Former LGI advised him to write a letter to NYSC telling them that I've absconded. after writing the letter he now called me, giving me options that it's either I choose my new found job or I choose NYSC giving me two days deadline to give him my reply, I begged him to consider me even if it will cost me my monthly allowee but he refused, he even advise me that after service I'll see Job what's the need of rushing, after failing to give him a reply after two days, he submitted the letter to NYSC. I was called by NYSC and they told me that I've been reported and they'll investigate the issue an if it's found to be true they'll deal with me.
Now the company have given us Housing upfront of #170,000 and they'll be paying the newly recruited a monthly salary of #70,000.

Please guys should I keep this job or go back and complete my service which is just less than five(5) months remaining.

Thanks as I await your advises.

CC:
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ahamefuna0001:
Good day dear readers my name is Ahamefuna a Batch A corp member currently serving in a small private school in Kaduna state, the school is an upcoming school which is just three years old so it solely relied on corp members, the school was owner by a man who we call Director and due to his busy schedule, his wife helps in managing it, telling u what to do, drafting out timetable and various Rouster of school activities etc. They both makes all the decisions concerning the school, they had six corp members of which I am among, provided us with a suitable accommodation and pay us a monthly stipend of #3,000 which they later increased to #5,000 due to NYSC intervention, I was saddled with great responsibility in the school both in administrative duties and as a tutor, the school have just nursery, primary and junior secondary section with the junior secondary section, I was given four subjects to handle in the junior secondary section which includes mathematics, basic science, cultural and creative art and business studies of which I handled loyally despite the stress in writing lesson note, lesson plan and teaching of JSS1 and JSS2, just few weeks to the entrance of this first term session the Director (that's how we call the owner of the school) sacked the Headmistress of the school (a woman who double and Headmistress and Primary 1 teacher) for some reasons which are unknown to me, after her sack I became the acting headmaster, a young corp member doubling as a teacher and a headmaster Lol, Just recently on a fateful Tuesday I was called up by a job in a big company in Delta state which I applied with my ND result in 2018 after series of Technical, Aptitude and Oral( interview) test that I've been selected and am to report to the job on Thursday . The employment came so urgent that I had to go meet the director in his house which is withing the school premises not far from our corpers lodge accommodation that very Tuesday night and discussed with him, he then refered me to his wife of which I discussed with her the following Wednesday morning before commencing my duty in school, she then told me that they don't have the power to release me AF that I should go talk to the LGI, if he allows me then good. I then went to our Local government NYSC Secretariat to see the LGI but he was not around, they told me he'll be back on Monday. been that I didn't have the luxury of time, I travelled that very Thursday to go secure the job first but before travelling I collected the LGI's number and called him, explaining my situation to him but he said there's nothing he can do and he's a man of integrity who would not want to soil his image with whatever offer I'm making. In my absence the Director called our former LGI who was his friend and reported me, The Former LGI advised him to write a letter to NYSC telling them that I've absconded. after writing the letter he now called me, giving me options that it's either I choose my new found job or I choose NYSC giving me two days deadline to give him my reply, I begged him to consider me even if it will cost me my monthly allowee but he refused, he even advise me that after service I'll see Job what's the need of rushing, after failing to give him a reply after two days, he submitted the letter to NYSC. I was called by NYSC and they told me that I've been reported and they'll investigate the issue an if it's found to be true they'll deal with me.
Now the company have given us Housing upfront of #150,000 and they'll be paying the newly recruited a monthly salary of #70,000.

Please guys should I keep this job or go back and complete my service which is just less than five(5) months remaining.

Thanks as I await your advises.

CC:
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
finish your service.. finish your service.. finish your service..
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
as long as you don't need your nysc certificate to work in your place of work..

my brother write a letter to whoever is in charge there that you want to withdraw .. it's not like you can't do your nysc later..

Or, does your place of work know you're still and would be done in 5month.. maybe they could retain that position till you finish. which I'm pretty sure they won't ..

this is only two options you got bro.. but I was in position, I'm ditching nysc..

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by cenaman(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
Bro where u see work for naija? jakpa leave nysc and face the new work. if possible tell the director to employ new teacher and the salary of the new teacher will be paid by you.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Ahamefuna0001(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
biGDhAp:
as long as you don't need your nysc certificate to work in your place of work..

my brother write a letter to whoever is in charge there that you want to withdraw .. it's not like you can't do your nysc later..

Or, does your place of work know you're still and would be done in 5month.. maybe they could retain that position till you finish. which I'm pretty sure they won't ..

this is only two options you got bro.. but I was in position, I'm ditching nysc..

Thanks Boss. I appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Ahamefuna0001(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
cenaman:
Bro where u see work for naija? jakpa leave nysc and face the new work. if possible tell the director to employ new teacher and the salary of the new teacher will be paid by you.

Lol
Thanks Boss. I appreciate
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by stanvesco(m): 1:18am On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=simplelex post=83081383][/quote]

A fruit in ur hand is worth all the trees in d forest.
You already shot urself in d foot by informing "ur enemy d director of ur progress".

Honestly , don't let go of dat job for whatever reason!!!!!.
Why not try d relocation option?
Or try d "sorting d devil option".
It seems u r not "street smart" tho,because with 170k u were given by dat company,u wud have doused dis issue with barely 20%
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Nebes: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2019
You’ll be fine. 70k a month plus 170k is not much.

Finish your NYSC. If you could get that job without NYSC certificate, you will get a better one later. I think you are the lucky type. This is just a trial.

Take this advice from a current corper serving in old age with wife and children. I wish I finished mine when my mates were on it.
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by BuhariAdvocate: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
Medicine after death. You supposed to bring the matter here before you even tell your stupid director. But i think you conclude in your mind that with the help you are rendering to this proprietor he will allow you to go. Well I will advice you to take your job and withdraw you can do nysc later,then you can even serve at your company.
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by cjeriia: 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
It's a no brainer. Beta leave d NYSC thing. Worst thing na to give you extension. Afterall d job you get no need NYSC. Work and get to know the company, gain experience then, put small cash for pocket then find as you go take sort the NYSC out later
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by Whois(m): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
Leave nysc they don't care about you anyways
Re: Dilemma Of An NYSC Corp Member (a Must Read) Please advise by IceColdVeins(m): 10:43am On Oct 16, 2019
NYSC my fvcking foot. Reality will dawn you when you return home jobless after your pop.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Batch C Stream II / Requirements For Nysc 2019 Batch C Camp Registration / 33k Allowee: Read This Hilarious Letter By An Outgoing Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.