Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,738 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

I'm A Poet - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'm A Poet (444 Views)

Photos: Former AGF, Adoke Receives Signed Copy Of 'A Poet Who Died By His Poem' / 'Poet Who Died By His Poem' - Godspower Oshodin Launches Book In Dubai / I Murdered A Poet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Poet by Elvictor: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
I'M A POET

-Episode 1

It was exozulu the fourth year in time, when the people of Negamba civilization move to Egypt, the first order skilled arts are taken to Memphis to work in Pharaoh's court. The second order art lords are taken to Phebes were the mystery temple is, to be coached by the priests.

I was taken to the forest by Ko, a boon companion of mine. His father a well renowned hunter who lost favour in the sight of Pharaoh in Memphis, so he headed home with disgrace.

Ko bent down before me searching the grass to figure out animals footprint "Zu my friend, do you know the animal that has passed here?" He asked me "I never learnt hunters play, but my friend. Is that not why I seek your tuition" I replied, he let out throaty laugh and smiled to himself.

"I'll comb the whole forest when I get to Egypt, am the man feared by the forest" he said boastfully, I stared and contemplated if he will make it through Egyian trial by the next Exozulu, surely he will I thought.

I was lost in my thought.

-wonders of Egypt and their gods
great are they, that I'll salute.
Standing at the gate of Phebes
Pharaoh's chariot shall ride me
Melody sinks my heart when
Whenna takes me to Phebes-

I was lost in thought never knew when Ko wandered away, I dragged my feet on as I searched for my friend calling his name. Closed to Ira stream I heard a voice singing.

Her voice chirps into the woods
Like the party birds that stays in
Hundra trees.

I stepped out of the forest and saw a girl sitting and singing close to the stream.

"Your voice maiden, pure as Hundra itself, do gods now live among mortals?" I confessed as she turned and looked at me.

"Am flattered, am neither a god or Hundra, am Zina" she said looking at back at the stream.

"A beauty to the sight, if I reprimand your beauty shall I remain blind. Your voice like keg of wine to a drunkard soul, your name oh! I confess, epitome of beauty you are Zina" I told her, she laughed and her eyes shone like light.

"You must be the famous Zu, who is good with words" she told me and I nodded in response.

"A man of no art like me, will be famous as a wine without taste" I replied, she tapped the ground beside her. I walked to her and sat on the position she has asked me to sit with her.

We sat there till dusk, we parted as friends "Zu, I'll like to see you some other time" she said when we got go to the mouth of the forest, I nodded and went home.

I got home and saw grandpa in his forge room, I wanted to tiptoe to the house "Zu!!" Grand father called out to me, I replied and went into his forge room.

"Zu, have you seen Hogra the seer to tell you about the works of your hands?" He asked me, I Shaked my head signifying no.

"Come with me" he told me, we went together to the outskirt of the town to the cave of Hogra. On our way, we kept on greeting the communal people.
The cave mouth drips water, as we went into the dark cave.

"Man of steel and hammer, Enu, the sword maker, what brought you to Hogra abode?" The priest voice roared in the cave, the priest isn't visible in the cave. I kept on tilting my head to catch a glimpse of him but the dark cave couldn't let me.

"My grand son, what message has the gods given him?" He asked the priest who was silent for awhile, we waited till the priest spoke "he is a child of no art" he replied.

"Cursed child, I'll suffer you till your hands learn how to forge" he yelled at me, I couldn't make out his face in the dark surely he will be very furious about the priest response.

I ran out of the cave with hot tears gathering in my eyes, I wasn't looking at where I was running to. I kicked a wood and fell, I remained on the ground and thought about my life.

-my soul shatters with tears
Torn amidst misfortune
Mystery are the ways of the gods
Good are they, that I am made
My makers allow me suffer
Soul appease my thoughts -

I'm a Poet.

TBC...
Re: I'm A Poet by Elvictor: 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
I'M A POET

-Episode 2

"Weep no more child" my grandfather said behind me, "get up child, you have find favour in a strange god" he told me, I got up and smiled but I was worried "strange god?" I asked him, he only nodded in response.

We went home together and chatted happily as father and son, he told me about his triumphant entry into the mystery temple at Thebes. How i wish am skilled I'd have witness Egypt, I closed my eyes and prayed to Pta.

We got home together and he asked me to prepare that he will teach me how to forge swords at sunrise, Sleep eluded my eyes as I sat beside my room's window gazing at the azure sky. Tomorrow was a day I am nervous about, I saw a bird approaching my window.

It landed on my window bearing a folded paper in its mouth, I took it and read "Zu is Zina, meet me at Horus mountain before the sun smile" I folded the paper and went to bed.

I woke up early the next day, tiptoed to grandfather's room and saw him snoring heavily like a wasted man, I sneaked out of the house and ran to the village outskirt where the Horus mountain is located. The day was still young as a tender child to his mother's breast.

I braced the fog as I stood at the mountain top, minutes later I couldn't find Zina. I wanted to leave when I heard her melodious voice singing at the mouth of the mountain.

¶peace, hope, lies within your heart¶
¶oohh¶
¶always hope for you¶
¶things will get better¶
¶if you will only find peace¶

She stopped singing and started laughing and climbed the mountain, "Zu, the earth birds are children to your time" she said smiling, I wasn't really listening 'cause I was lost in admiration.

"Your eyes might catch homura if you keep on staring" she told me and blush, I chuckled in embarrassment as my hand went to the back of my head and started scratching.

"Zu, you have spoken no word, tell me your kind words. For I want to hear you speak, man of words" she requested of me, we went to the side of the mountain and settled. I cleared my throat as the words burns in my stomach to my throat then my mouth.

-My darling
Several wonders in the world
Amongst the gods and man
But my darling you surpassed them all.
Trees are fruitful, water quench taste.
Sky a shelter from the sun.
Mountains to the height.
Depth of ocean to the fishes
But my darling, none could be compare to you-

She started clapping "impressive my friend" she said clapping, I wasn't comfortable 'cause she said am just a friend. We stayed in the mountain till the sun find it way to East, "I have to leave Zina, before the old seek their child" I told her, but she wasn't happy when I left her. She asked me to stay back with her but I declined 'cause of grandfather.

I went to sneak into the house when grandfather caught me unawares "Zu, a child of dishonesty" he snorted at me, grandfather wasn't happy when we went into his forging house.

I picked the broom and swept it before I summon his presence, he picked up a very big hammer and showed me, I stared at him wondering how he was able to lift it up without discomfort.

"The hammer isn't carried with humanly strength, is the strength of the soul. Breathe twice, relax, allow it to be part of you, wrap your hand around it. Allow your soul to connect with it before you carry it" he explained, he dropped the hammer on the floor and asked me to pick it up like the way he did.

I bent and wrapped my hand around it and exhaled, I applied my strength to lift it up but it didn't move, I forcefully dragged it and stumbled forward, falling to the ground. He laughed, unlike my grandfather.

"With time kid" he said and tapped my shoulder, he waved me over as we both duck facing the furnace. "The fire of forgery lives in the soul, it heat lives here. You have to unify them to become one, it makes you the finest sword maker" he instructed as I listened attentively to every words of his, grandfather took two stones and smashed it together as fire erupt in the furnace with great heat.

We were very close to the fire that I started sweating, wanted to move backward but grandfather grabbed my wrist and motioned me to sit beside him "watch and listen Zu, the fire also speak of a great deal of mystery, let your mind communicate with it. Close your eyes" he ordered, I did. But my mind was far off, my skin was suffering from the heat coming out of the furnace.

I took console in my thoughts.

-kind fire, suffer not my soul
Soul how long will you be far
Fallen to shame and discomfort
Comfort me oh, when am young
Ounce of comfort at my age, why far
Flee not from me till life is young no more.

I'm a Poet.

TBC...
Re: I'm A Poet by Elvictor: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
you can read it up at

www.Felvicstories.com
Re: I'm A Poet by Elvictor: 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
I'M A POET

Episode 3

Grandfather gave up when it seems like I won't ever master the art of making swords, he decided to take me to a swordsmanship school.
I stayed up all night waiting for Zina's message through her night bird messenger under the dome of the moonlight at my window side, it never came.

I went in search of her, when I sucked up in the waiting game. A feast was staged when Hodurasa returned from Egypt, the chief of the six heads town.

Grandfather decided we will stay back till the Feast of Hazaga is over, my stay was boring without Zina. I hunted her like hunter's prey, it was during Hazaga feast that men and women of the different town heads present their art works for a cheap price.

The Chief was pleased that he invited people to his vast yard to celebrate the feast, it was a crazy night. Different shape of light balls were made and placed in defined locations, and the glamour night had a glimpse of the day.

"All hail Ra!"

"All hail, the One!"

The echo was followed with cheers, the Chief stood at a high podium that house his throne. All eyes around his vast yard saw him, a mighty man that has served himself well and his people.

"Many of you don't know my beauty, I present to you princess Zina" he announced as the whole place aired cheer, I never knew he had a daughter.

Zina

Zina!

I muttered in my heart, she came out bask in the glory of royalty. If Zina was a beauty before when I first saw her, she surpassed what I called beauty. My soul shattered, I was grumpy so I left in shame.

A man of no honour or art will not be allowed to win her heart or marry her, what if a Pharaoh has taken her as his. I walked in shame in the streets, I saw three girls who displayed their art goods, one of the flute caught my fancy. I was never a man of flute, but this flute communicated with my soul.

They giggled and whispered to each other, while I completely stare at the flute of magic. "I seek this" I pointed at the flute, the oldest amongst them step forward "we don't sell but we will exchange it with kind words" she told me. I was flabbergasted, the truth is the flute worth a gold.

"You have rarely seek a talent as cheap as the sand of the footpath, who am I to say no?" I replied, they whispered to each other again before she spoke in a note of finality that it is what they wanted. I agreed to their wish.

- three are the ones
Ones that makes the rainbow
Bow on their feet
Feast, oh maidens
Made for the gods
Goddesses jealous ye
Men tremble before you
Ay! Beauties that appease the soul-

The youngest handed the flute to me "Zu, you are a find gem, everyman I see. I won't wait to speak kind of you" she said cheerfully, I shook my head in disagreement "a broken soul of man has no piety, the gods rebuke me of such honour" I replied and left with the flute.

Zina message came that night, when we were to set out at dawn. She demanded for us to meet before she returns back to Egypt, I couldn't meet her.

Grandfather and I left town to the other town, a college of swordsmanship, the compound was very big. People were there, as many as thousands practicing the art of war.

I was pleased as I watch men swing swords, amazed by their dexterity. We went into a court, with men passed their age of grey. They are as old as the mountain Hunga, I thought they were the dead assuming the state of sculpture until they spoke.

"Enu, on what ground do we owe this visit" one of them spoke slowly as if the words won't leave his mouth. "My child, I want him to learn the spirit of the old." Grandfather replied.

They were silent for some minutes, "child, you are Zu?" One of them asked. I nodded in affirmation "tell us, what does your mind speak" he inquired of me.

-do men live as spirit
Speak like the death
Dare not speak, I tremble.
Time could be a friend,
Fiend it is now, old
Bold fellow, I shivered
Hiver knows i'm his patient-

The men were silent when I was done "you don't belong here child, I sense no mana" one of them said, I was dejected.

I'M A POET.

TBC...

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Story About Tacha / I Had A Dream: Is The Avatar About To Be Demystified? / The Abomination - Episode 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.