Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army (1073 Views)

Governor Zulum: We Need 100,000 Soldiers To Defeat Boko Haram / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience / Buratai: Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by aguele(m): 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
The Nigerian Army has pointed out its major hindrance in defeating Boko Haram insurgents in the North East, boasting that it can defeat the insurgents in 15 minutes if they are provided the necessary logistics.

Maj. Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole disclosed that lack of Army Aviation was responsible for its inability to defeat the insurgents.

He made the disclosure while receiving the National Assembly joint committee on Army in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, yesterday.

Adeniyi said Boko Haram has never been a “formidable force” as they are perceived to be.

He said: “The only thing that needs to be given to the army now is Nigeria Army Aviation.

“There is a way you solve a problem that will change the game. The army needs combat helicopters to end the Boko Haram war. If we have it, it will not be deployed like air force assets, air force jets which are for bigger strategic goals.

“These helicopters will sleep with us in the trenches, they will be with us in the frontline. These helicopters and the rifles are dispatched together.

“I know this has been on the table for years. When this is done, Nigeria can forget about Boko Haram.

“Let me say Boko Haram is not a formidable force, Boko Haram is not strong; Boko Haram cannot sustain 15 minutes of intensive firing. I personally exchange with Boko Haram in Marte, in Delta, in Gubio as deputy theatre commander and as theatre commander.

“Please go and tell Abuja that Boko Haram is not a formidable force that the military cannot defeat.”
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Racoon(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
cheesy Guess it's the same BH that the army have technically defeated, terribly downgraded, rendered incapacitated to carry out major attack or using the Nigerian army as soft targets? This one is simply smarting out from the effect of Oshogbo weed.Shekau laughing in BH

1 Like

Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by edo3(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hmmm
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by izombie(m): 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
So they are no longer technically defeated? Now it's 15 minutes you go take to defeat them. So whose job is it to provide the necessary logistics?
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by blackboy(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
This man has either been in Dubai buying houses or in Abuja building estates.
Helicopters that they already have and reportedly used to deliver arms and provisions to the terrorists. Logistics and weapons they hand over to the terrorist in the name of being overrun or.retreating.
The problem is there is no will by the top brass to end this war. There are enemies within.
If it was their son's or relatives being sent to the war front the war would have ended since.

2 Likes

Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by BuhariAdvocate: 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
Liar they are looking for money to embezzle. Even if you are given the aviation the insurgent would still be last for the 30years after defeat.
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Racoon(m): 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Liar they are looking for money to embezzle. Even if you are given the aviation the insurgent would still be last for the 30years after defeat.
Even you too also disagree right? First time you will make sense.

1 Like

Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by helinues: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
Stop lying oga..

1 Like

Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by FarahAideed: 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
angry grin quite hilarious but he might be right in some ways ..Imagine if Buhari used the 1 billion dollars he was given last year to buy 3 squadrons of Tandem seater attack helicopters ( 3 squadron is 48 helicopters ) and 100 T -14 Armata Main Battle tanks trust the Nigerian Army will March out Boko Haram out of Nigeria in 6 weeks . I have a military offensive strategy I have developed called "Pegasus" for routing and destroying Toyota guerillas . It requires a synchronized blitz offensive by attack Helicopters , light armor and brutal special forces .
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
Yes oo, by giving 89% of its 2020 budget on recurrent expenditure...
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
I used to have huge respect for men on uniform like the army but since this man become oga at the top, after his snake charming show of shame, my respect for them has reduced a lot.

I have been reading his speeches from the time of his appointment, I don't know if he was among those that receive promotions due to quota system cos the man I see there don't talk like a general at all.
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by sweetonugbu: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
New stories every day

Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by FamousMonk: 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
I thought BH is already defeated ?
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
What happened to the $1billion borrowed by Buhari for the purpose of buying arms and ammunition.
What other logistics is this man talking about?
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Cyberterror: 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
Boko Haram is being sponsored by Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Nigeria doesn't have the kind of resources needed to fight them. Just create a caliphate for them and let them go.
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by BuhariAdvocate: 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
Do you think I'm follow blindly. I'm not like you that your criticism always based on hatred and tribalism.
Racoon:
Even you too also disagree right? First time you will make sense.
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
This is what u get when u put incompetent cows as president and head of military
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
aguele:

boasting that it can defeat the insurgents in 15 minutes if they are provided the necessary logistics.

He said: “The only thing that needs to be given to the army now is Nigeria Army Aviation.

“Let me say Boko Haram is not a formidable force, Boko Haram is not strong; Boko Haram cannot sustain 15 minutes of intensive firing. I personally exchange with Boko Haram in Marte, in Delta, in Gubio as deputy theatre commander and as theatre commander.

“Please go and tell Abuja that Boko Haram is not a formidable force that the military cannot defeat.”
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin words like this ridicules not only Nigerian army but Nigeria as a whole

If I am their PRO, I won't even allow such words get out undecided

I mean, no LOGISTICS shocked shocked shocked No AVIATION shocked shocked shocked

Coming from a government that claimed that Bokoharam have been technically defeated

So who's to be blamed after ALL THE HUGE ANNUAL BUDGET ALLOCATIONS undecided since 2015 grin cheesy cheesy grin

Go and tell Abuja cheesy grin grin grin who will go and tell ABUJA cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

You can harm harmless, protesting civilians with helicopter and sophisticated war guns but you cannot defeat ordinary LESS FORMIDABLE BOKOHARAM cheesy grin

Go around the world ARMIES that means business, don't do the TALK, they WALK the WALK!!!

It's disappointing, armies are known for combats not market talks!!!
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by F117nighthawk: 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
The rag tag BOKO HARAM doesn't even have all the modern military equipments both the army and airforce have and yet they are killing naija army like chickens,the war has lasted over 10yrs na story naija army still day talk
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by justtoodark: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
sharrap....
Re: We Can Defeat Boko Haram In 15 Minutes – Army by justtoodark: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
the thing with boko is,they can retreat over borders and reorganise and attack again....

soo,what do you still need....??

nuclear rockets to defeat boko....??

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Raise Over 1million Naira For Onitsha Fire Victim(photo) / Gov. Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement On His Election / Herdsmen To Face 5-year-jail Term, N500,000 Fine For Open Grazing In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.