Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,205 members, 7,867,494 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS (399 Views)

Shettima And Boko Haram: Facts And Fallacies / Army Urges Public Not To Panic During Movement Of Troops, Equipment / Ortom Urges NASS To Reject Water Resources Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by aguele(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
The remnants of Boko Haram terrorists and other forms of insurgency will be crushed in less than no time if the Nigerian Army is provided the necessary gadgets according to Maj. Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole.

The military chief disclosed that lack of Army Aviation was responsible for its inability to defeat the insurgents.

He made the revelation while receiving the National Assembly joint committee on Army in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, yesterday.

Adeniyi said Boko Haram has never been a “formidable force” as they are perceived to be.

He said: “The only thing that needs to be given to the army now is Nigeria Army Aviation with it's own helicopters.

“There is a way you solve a problem that will change the game. The army needs combat helicopters to end the Boko Haram war. If we have it, it will not be deployed like air force assets, air force jets which are for bigger strategic goals.

“These helicopters will sleep with us in the trenches, they will be with us in the frontline. These helicopters and the rifles are dispatched together.

“I know this has been on the table for years. When this is done, Nigeria can forget about Boko Haram.

“Let me say Boko Haram is not a formidable force, Boko Haram is not strong; Boko Haram cannot sustain 15 minutes of intensive firing. I personally exchange with Boko Haram in Marte, in Delta, in Gubio as deputy theatre commander and as theatre commander.

“Please go and tell Abuja that Boko Haram is not a formidable force that the military cannot defeat.”
Re: Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by healthserve(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
Whatever happened to over 300 billion deducted from the nation. Treasury for arms purchase
Re: Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by slimfit1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
You see why everyone in Nigeria dont know their job at all. Tell me are you not supposed to work hand in hand what kind of mentality is this. You are fighting the same enemy yet you cant communicate with each other yet we pay you from the same source.
I am not a soldier but i know you don't send your men to fight in an area they don't know without air support first unless you are laying ambush. You cant send your men out until you survey the area with airship.
The airforce should continue to get huge budget. If they want drowns we can support them with local men to produce a drown.

However, how our men on the fields are not communicating with the airforce is just unacceptable and unbelievable in such a crucial time like this. Everyone in
Re: Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
slimfit1:
You see why everyone in Nigeria dont know their job at all. Tell me are you not supposed to work hand in hand what kind of mentality is this. You are fighting the same enemy yet you cant communicate with each other yet we pay you from the same source.
I am not a soldier but i know you don't send your men to fight in an area they don't know without air support first unless you are laying ambush. You cant send your men out until you survey the area with airship.
The airforce should continue to get huge budget. If they want drowns we can support them with local men to produce a drown.

However, how our men on the fields are not communicating with the airforce is just unacceptable and unbelievable in such a crucial time like this. Everyone in
Where do I start explaining self.....in short air force does not perform close air support...and that is what they need ......close air support not just air support
Re: Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by ivandragon: 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
When PMB rushed to make payments for the fighter jets, I said it was a wrong move. Those jets will not help the boko haram war.

What we need are choppers.

Not only do they give close ground support, they can be used for quick insertions & lightening strikes, airlift military personnel into & out of hotzones quickly.
Re: Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by FarahAideed: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
But NASS gave you 1 billion dollars last year? Where is it? 1 billion dollars can can buy 50 AH 64 Apache attack Helicopters
Re: Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by FarahAideed: 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
ivandragon:
When PMB rushed to make payments for the fighter jets, I said it was a wrong move. Those jets will not help the boko haram war.

What we need are choppers.

Not only do they give close ground support, they can be used for quick insertions & lightening strikes, airlift military personnel into & out of hotzones quickly.

Buhari is a Dullard that knows nothing about warfare... But even after buying the planes from America the NASS still approved 1 billion dollars for the Army equipment so where is the money ?
Re: Provide Helicopters And Boko Haram Remnants Will Be History, Army Urges NASS by IamAtikulate: 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
What happened to the $1 billion we gave you thieves?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Actually Happened – Ebonyi Govt Reacts To Creation Of Ruga In Izza / Buhari Did Not Order Us To Relocate To Katsina State-- INNOSON / Don't Be Surprised If Tinubu Runs For President In 2023 [opinion]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.