Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom (9876 Views)

'Why We Beheaded Businessman Whose Wife Raised Only N40,000 Out Of N5m Ransom' / Kidnapped Police DPO, Okoro, Released By Kidnappers After Paying N3M Ransom / Adeola Adebayo Killed By Kidnappers After N3M Ransom Payment. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by AtikuNetwork: 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
Published October 13, 2019

By Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

Eight of the 10 persons abducted last Monday by unknown gunmen at Pegi, a sleepy community in Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, have been released.

Our Correspondent learnt that the victims were freed by their abductors after paying over N5m ransom.

Many of them were reportedly molested by their captors over the failure of their family members to meet the ransom demand.

A resident who spoke on condition of anonymity said the eighth victim was released on Sunday, adding that two others were still in the custody of the gunmen.

He said a victim, identified as Abdulmajeed Dayo, who was visiting a friend in Pegi, was abducted alongside the commercial motorcyclist taking him to the community.

The source said, “Dayo was released on Friday after spending five days with his abductors.

“He said they were not given any food by their captors and that the hoodlums beat anyone whose family failed to provide the ransom demanded.

“Dayo further explained that the family of the abducted commercial motorcyclist paid over N500,000 which the gunmen grudgingly accepted out of sympathy.

“Other victims were said to have paid more than that, with the gunmen realising over N5m.”

Confirming the release of the victims, Chairman, Pegi Community Development Association, Mr. Isaac Taiwo, said he saw some of the freed victims, including a 12-year-old boy.

Taiwo disclosed that security had been beefed up in the community by a team of policemen, civil defence officers and vigilante group.

He said, “The problem is that the hoodlums are taking advantage of the bad roads leading to the community.

“The lack of infrastructure in Pegi is responsible for the insecurity and the absence of social and economic development in the community.

“We hope the FCT Administration would fulfil their promise to rehabilitate the road as soon as possible.”

The FCT Police could not be reached for comment on Sunday, as the Command spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, failed to respond to several calls to his phone.

https://punchng.com/eight-fct-residents-regain-freedom-after-paying-n5m-ransom/

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by MetaPhysical: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zamfara IGR go swell by end of this year. grin

7 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by PureGoldh(m): 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
The rate of crime committed in dx country on daily basis is so alarming.....God will surely see to the end of dx evil perpetrators
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Nbotee(m): 7:36am On Oct 14, 2019
And d police commissioner keep making noise about how FCT is safe. One chance, robberies and kidnappings are now a common daily occurrence
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2019
May God continue to safe and guide his children from the den of these evil and wicked kidnappers.

Taiwo disclosed that security had been beefed up in the community by a team of policemen, civil defence officers and vigilante group.
They need to do more.
All lives matter.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Starz825(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
Kidnapping business is now very lucrative...

I bet it...if Dem kidnap buhari... Nigeria government go pay ransome....

4 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by sLentlover7778(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
Imagine say Buhari resign?
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by bobokeshington: 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
Nigeria is fast becoming a den of kidnappers & ritualists... I pray for God's protection over every Nairalanders & our family... Amen

8 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by OhiOfIhima: 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
This country has lost it all... Only God can help us!
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Mikepenny5(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
What a country
E be like say kidnapping Dey increase more and more as the year is coming to an end
God save every good people I sell tiles, wall paper and rubber tiles in wholesale and retail contact me today
We distribute nation wide
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Angelfrost(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
The booming business of Kidnapping.... I wonder how much of each ransom goes to the pockets of police officers....

5 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Pojomojo: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2019
"I have just ₦1m in my acc"~ Buhari

"I became a billionaire at 25"~ Umahi (Gov. of ebonyi)

"I bought my Dubai property with my savings" ~ Barutai

"I made $1.7m from washing toilets" ~ Maina (TheNations, today)

Liars in power

5 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by cliffsador: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
if FCT is not safe, which state in Nigeria can be safe?
just asking

1 Like

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by OakConsultNG: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
This is good news..

Meanwhile, did you know you can get your business registered for as little as 23 thousand naira? Well, check our profile for contact details to enjoy this offer.
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by StrikeBack(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
No one is spared
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by itiswellwithme: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
I don't even know what to say.
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
post=83122596:
May God continue to safe and guide his children from the den of these evil and wicked kidnappers
[/s]

Na God be your president?

4 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
post=83122596:
May God continue to safe and guide his children from the den of these evil and wicked kidnappers

And Mr Grills, it is becoming obvious that your party has done nothing about security. It is just as bad , if not worse than when PDP was in power.

Better tell your president to appoint a new IG of Police.

2 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Emmanuelhector(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
post=83122596:

Oga shut up

4 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by achikolo(f): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
post=83122596:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by DennisEche(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2019
gOD rod BLast THE DULLARD FOR SECURING OUR LAND
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Zamanee1: 10:22am On Oct 14, 2019
Nawao
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by DennisEche(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
post=83122596:
May God continue to safe and guide his children from the den of these evil and wicked kidnappers [/s]
trash as usual, hide ur face in shame

4 Likes

Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by davillian(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2019
beef up security Koh , Na meat up security.
Re: 8 FCT Residents Regain Freedom From Kidnappers After Paying N5m Ransom by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 14, 2019
Work better. This must stop in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

See human being leg when they are cutting it - Cult War In Ogun State PHOTOS / Woman Jailed For Having Al-Qaeda Magazine / RRS Officers Arrested For Extorting N5000 From a Motorist in Lagos. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.