Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos (653 Views)

Buy your various hybrid seedlings ( citrus, Mango, Wambugu apple, palm,Ogbono) / What Is Your Opinion On GMOs & Hybrid Seeds? / What Are Genetically Engineered Seeds (gmos)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by ceciliab(f): 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Be careful with this proliferation of hybrid seedlings , its a cover for gmos.

it is advised you plant only seeds from ancient trees, all these hybrids are all from the evil corporations such as Syngenta, Monsanto, Dow AgroSciences, KWS Saat, if you do research on these companies it will shock you, satanic companies.These companies have partnered with our agriculture research institutions and deceiving our farmers to adopt these new varieties , meanwhile countries in europe are doing away with gmos and hybrids and are soley relying on local ancient varieties . Why are we having a prevalence of diseases among people these days, the natural phytochemical existing in plants is being destroyed, and these are your natural body defense against diseases.Hybrids and GMO's have changed the medicinal properties of many foods.Remember, after all Health Is Wealth. Finally, your word of mouth has more power than Media, Do not forget to spread or share the message.

Now the simultaneous promotion of organic food, we need to be careful, organic encourages you to eat raw vegetables and fruits, please don't eat raw gmos, eat raw organic food, but guess what they have completely eliminated all natural occurring food from the food market. Take a good look at people in the south and people in the north, who is looking more healthy. Not the rich people, the poor people.
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by healthserve(m): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
I agree 100 %

This needs to make front page please Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by SKhanmi: 12:35am On Oct 14, 2019
You think they'll listen? angry
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 14, 2019
ceciliab:
Be careful with this proliferation of hybrid seedlings , its a cover for gmos.

it is advised you plant only seeds from ancient trees, all these hybrids are all from the evil corporations such as Syngenta, Monsanto, Dow AgroSciences, KWS Saat, if you do research on these companies it will shock you, satanic companies.These companies have partnered with our agriculture research institutions and deceiving our farmers to adopt these new varieties , meanwhile countries in europe are doing away with gmos and hybrids and are soley relying on local ancient varieties . Why are we having a prevalence of diseases among people these days, the natural phytochemical existing in plants is being destroyed, and these are your natural body defense against diseases.Hybrids and GMO's have changed the medicinal properties of many foods.Remember, after all Health Is Wealth. Finally, your word of mouth has more power than Media, Do not forget to spread or share the message.

Now the simultaneous promotion of organic food, we need to be careful, organic encourages you to eat raw vegetables and fruits, please don't eat raw gmos, eat raw organic food, but guess what they have completely eliminated all natural occurring food from the food market. Take a good look at people in the south and people in the north, who is looking more healthy. Not the rich people, the poor people.

Madam, what is hybrid? It means cross pollination ? What do you cross pollinate? That's the question.

What is a patent? Do you really understand it? There is no secret in it. The parents are known, and registered. The same is applicable in pharmacology. There is a period of sole ownership in pharmacology, and the drug will be so expensive. After its expiration, that is it. I can give you many examples of drugs that were sold over $500, but after expiration of the patent, they crashed to less than $10. Lol. It is same in seed making. However, seeds makers do not usually reduce prices of seeds, they simply ask others who want to use the parent to pay. But I believe the practice will change very soon. But really, after expiration, those using the parents will still not want to crash the prices because they can make huge profit too selling at the price the patent owner sells.

Research is one of the most profitable business ventures anyone can go into. When you have the brain and you can really apply business management tools to shape your venture, hahahaha. That's why professors are 1st class entrepreneurs. Only those professors with business skills are extremely wealthy. Let me divert into literature. If I show you what professor Wole Soyinka has achieved with his brain, you will be shocked. Even while on his wheel chair, Chinua Achebe kept on reaping the dividends of his work. And till date, his works keep providing for charities he set up.

This is a subject you certainly do not know about. The procedures of hybrid and GMOs are different. Hybrids are usually always done inside greenhouses, while GMOs are done inside laboratories. GMOs are more of isolation while hybrid is more of combination. Scientists isolate a particular feature or attribute, or more in one and add it to another. This is where the problem comes. Can the acceptor cope with the imported genes?

GMO is the future. Until they are able to perfect it. Though, there are lines of GMOs that have been perfected, and are very okay for human. But it is still very dangerous to consume most GMOs. Nothing anyone can do to stop it. It will continue till its perfected. But I reject using me as a guinea pig for future generations good living. This life I live today will be in good health. So, I decline everything called GMO in this our present life. And before I choose my hybrid, I check the patent very well. I may not care to know the parents because wanting to know can be expensive. But as soon as I know the procedure the manufacturer filed the parent, or I get where they filed it, that's enough information.

Good luck and blessing.
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by ceciliab(f): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
the question, is with so called hybrids are we getting healthier, are our livestock getting healthier, look at your face in the mirro
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
ceciliab:
the question, is with so called hybrids are we getting healthier, are our livestock getting healthier, look at your face in the mirro

Let me explain so you get it. When you can plant a seed and it gives you fruits that is exactly like the fruit the seeds were pulled out from, it is called Open pollinated variety (OPV) . This is the one you are in support.

You know that tomatoes weren't initially red. Lol. But somehow, a farmer in another continent says....hey farmers, I gat this variety and it's ok. Gradually, breeders started collecting different seeds, but demand which I call market started re-shaping every thing. Oh...there is this variety found in Finland, damn....the fruits are seriously big ooooo. Hmmmm! There is this other one in Italy , it has 30 fruits on each truss. Waoooo. We need fruits that have thick skin so we can transport it from Kano to Lagos in 40C without getting spoilt. And then, the breeder comes and grow two varieties together in a greenhouse. He does not allow bees to come in and pollinate each plants. He takes female from A and join it with Male flower from B, and vice versa. And start watching what comes up. After the cross pollinated fruits are riped, they are harvested and seeds are pulled out. You then sow the seeds. The seeds bears fruits with common characteristic like a mulatto, like Senator Ben-Bruce. There is nothing wrong with senator Ben Bruce, cos there is no manipulation. Sperm of Naija Bayelsan man fertilizered an egg from a "Britico" woman. Hybrid has been around for hundreds of years.

Most OPVs we have now are formally hybrids. It is possible to stabilize hybrids into OPVs. But breeders dont want to do it again because they want you buy hybrids from them. If it's you, would you stabilise it too? Its olden days breeders that worked for charity. Lol. These ones around now are business men. Hehhehe.

You cross pollinate for various reasons
1. Super yield
2. Diseases resistant
3. Stress endurance
4. Adaptation to a new environment, etc.

How do you think strawberries, apples, cauliflower, etc which are cold loving climate crops are forced to be grown in tropics? It's all about joining two or more complete plants together without manipulation. Other methods are: budding, grafting, tissue culture, etc.

Tissue culture which is not manipulation is the beginning of GMO. See, if you pull out the hands of a man, he is still a complete gene, but when you go down into his DNA and you start isolating, that is where the "wahala" is because it is not yet perfected. Remember, tissue culture doesn't separate genes, but it opened the eyes of genetics scientists that haahahhahah....."we don get God's secret". grin

Playing God
Now, religious people tag isolation of DNA. E.g. I can find the gene responsible for the blue eyes in cat and put it in that of a breed that should have black eyes. Note: this is not like Ben Bruce oooo. It's like you collect the sperm of Ben Bruce's dad, and you manipulate it, or if you feel that you want the straight or curly hair from either parent in the kid, you deliberately make one dominant. Hope you get me now..This is GMO. Genes Modification. You modify the DNA. You font allow nature to decide which gene should be dominant, you decide it. You tell nature that "Mr Nature, sit down there, I am in charge".

Let this guide you:
1. Anything from IITA is GMO. How can you have special vitamin A in Cassava? grin

2. There is nothing like hybrid grains anymore. They are all GMOs. It is why I am against anything corn, soy beans, millet, oats, etc. This is the area you are certainly right. . I dont eat anything corn again. If I want to, I ferment it. I have written why "garri ijebu". If you take note, most Yoruba diets are fermented. That's what you should start eating. Fermentation reduces the effect of these Antinutrients in GMOs. We cannot avoid all. Or can you? You sef, look at yourself in the mirror....lol. Just kidding. But seriously, it is impossible to avoid GMO now. All grains are GMOs. I dont thinknthere is any flour or starch that is no more GMO.

3. GMOs are not yet perfected. But believe me, human will perfect it very soon. Very soon, it will be safe and it's only GMOs we will eat in this world.

Do you know we will never grow old again? Why? It's not cosmetic surgery. But many years of researches have been done that scientists are saying they have been able to identify and isolate the gene responsible for old age. The way it is explained is that it continues getting thinner as we grow older. So, they tried giving some group of people fresh food and fruits, and they said they noticed that that gene is longer in people who are younger. That's the reason fresh food, vegetables, and fruits make people look younger. Now, they know the process and the reason. They have parameters to use in measuring the rate of aging now. Hope you get it. Unlike before, it's just the look on the face you can say this person is young. But now, you can check the gene to know the state of the fellow. Trust me, the next stage is to know what to really feed the gene to be at its optimum. Lol.The people will make sure they get the supplements that that gene needs to be fed. They will develop concentrated supplements in capsules that can contain 5,000 different nutrients to keep that gene at optimum. Also, they will search deep to know the best way to feed it. And then, the cheapest way. grin That's what is called research. So, while doing all the experiments, there will be casualties. Lol. These are the guinea pigs. May I not be used as a guinea pig before they perfected it. Never!

Apart from modification, there is gene extraction to create tissues. Remember it is tissue culture where it starts. Now, we are advancing, we aren't only modifying, but we are pulling out genes and tissues to create. What we create can grow. It's all about growing that small particle to develop into organs, tissues, and many other things. Grow new heart, grow new testicles, new vaginas, kidneys, etc. No need to remove organs from people again. Go to the lab and grow it. Do you realise that very soon, we will never die except by accident. And death will be tragic. What? The guy died? That will be a real loss. When 400 years old man next to me looks like 28 years old man. Damn!

Hope you are able to differentiate between the two after this explanation. Your job is to know GMOs and avoid them for now. Though, they will never stop producing them. They will never. We are just getting started. Science is a tool that is going to make gods out of men .

At times, I still do not understand how I am able to believe in God with all I know. One person who helped me unknowingly is Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya. The General Overseer of Mountain of Fire, Miracles and Ministries. I read some of his papers and I was shocked how a man of that caliber still believes in God. I started listening to his teaching, and read his books. They are two parallel topics. Dr Olukoya is a grounded genetic scientist. He is one of the best Nigeria has ever produced, and he has outstanding works in collaboration with the UK. You know he did is PhD in the UK. Dr moved from first class BSc micro biology straight to phD. No masters or MPhil degrees. Super brain he has. Till date, go check very well, all outstanding business universities like Yale, Harvard, Stanford, etc. dont require masters degrees for their PhD in business. All they want is a first class in BSc. Shikena! Business and Strategic Mabagement are the two courses for outstanding students. Not the kind in Nigeria oooo. Hehhehe. I saw the syllabus of Nigerian public universities and I wept that day. I dont know about the private schools. They may be ok.

My sister, it is the reason I always want to run into Nigerian farmers. I want to bulldoze off their skins1800 techniques. How can someone in 2019 still be working like he is in 1840? How can someone in 2019 still be using cutlasses and hoes only. If you are using them to make beds for small greenhouses, it's fine. But you want to use cutlasses to clear 50 acres. Is that not stupidity? That farmer is a potential Guinea pig for aging gene experiment. Let's start donating them. grin They can easily buy an irrigation system, but they allow poverty tell them its watery can they must use. It is so painful. Yet, they are here oooo...they will be justifying poverty. My sister, I reject poverty in Jesus' name. Poverty.....far far away from me. I rebuke poverty. Po.verty! P.overty!! Pove.rty!!! Get out of my life. I look you straight in the eyes .....Get the heck out of my home. Get out!

1 Like

Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by healthserve(m): 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2019
ceciliab:

Your concerns are valid. I'm a geneticist and have the exact same notions. Keep up the good work with your articles. Rest assured when GMO fully takes over, it will come in fully under the guise of hybrid seeds which you explicitly pointed out here
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:

Your concerns are valid. I'm a geneticist and have the exact same notions. Keep up the good work with your articles. Rest assured when GMO fully takes over, it will come in fully under the guise of hybrid seeds which you explicitly pointed out here
Hahahahhaa. Our nairaland investment manager has turned to geneticist. grin
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by healthserve(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2019
Pistotita:

Hahahahhaa. Our nairaland investment manager has turned to geneticist. grin

Please stop harassing me. I've decided on leaving 90% of the threads and the forum for you. Please and please stop harassing me

Cc Uboma Stagger Gentlemen see and judge if this is mature

I've been called a fraud yet I'm being hunted for no just cause.

I'm deactivating to have my peace but till I do please speak to your guy here to stop disturbing my e-peace. November I'll be gone abeg
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:

Please stop harassing me. I've decided on leaving 90% of the threads and the forum for you. Please and please stop harassing me

Cc Uboma Stagger Gentlemen see and judge if this is mature

I've been called a fraud yet I'm being hunted for no just cause.

I'm deactivating to have my peace but till I do please speak to your guy here to stop disturbing my e-peace. November I'll be gone abeg

Just stop validating senseless topics. Stop making positive comments on Agricultural investments offers to lure users into what is not plain. Everything is trick. And gullible people definitely are going to fall.

Who will harass you if your ways are straight? Every Jack and Jerry... "Its noted. I agree. You are right." You and your network. You better make your ways straight so it will be well with you. I told you people, if I start with you all, you will leave nairaland, and not me. You know that the habit is addiction. I will fish you out if you open another moniker, and you start validating threads with some hidden agenda. I will unravel everything.

Make your ways straight and all will be well with you. "Yahoo Yahoo no pay at all" Even you are not, you act like a real deceiver in the threads. Trying to give credits to unknown people. But really, do you want to deny you don't know them?
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by healthserve(m): 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
Pistotita:

Just stop validating senseless topics. Stop making positive comments on Agricultural investments offers to lure users into what is not plain. Everything is trick. And gullible people definitely are going to fall.

Who will harass you if your ways are straight? Every Jack and Jerry... "Its noted. I agree. You are right." You and your network. You better make your ways straight so it will be well with you. I told you people, if I start with you all, you will leave nairaland, and not me. You know that the habit is addiction. I will fish you out if you open another moniker, and you start validating threads with some hidden agenda. I will unravel everything.

Make your ways straight and all will be well with you. "Yahoo Yahoo no pay at all" Even you are not, you act like a real deceiver in the threads. Trying to give credits to unknown people. But really, do you want to deny you don't know them?

Please leave me abeg my mind is busy. If I didn't read previous epistles why would I start with this. Smh Yeye
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:

Please leave me abeg my mind is busy. If I didn't read previous epistles why would I start with this. Smh Yeye
I am sure your mind will not be occupied with this news I have for you. I have a brother who has 3 million naira, and you know that I dont want to go to farm now, kindly let me know your projects the money can be used for. cheesy
Re: Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos by healthserve(m): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
Pistotita:

I am sure your mind will not be occupied with this news I have for you. I have a brother who has 3 million naira, and you know that I dont want to go to farm now, kindly let me know your projects the money can be used for.

My dear. I'm deactivating next month so I'll have peace. Free me biko

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Vape Mod? / Voopoo Argus Air Vs Smok Novo X / Kuli Kuli - Groundnut Cake For Sale - In Bags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.